Now the X-PERT advice is low carb, high fat

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
The LCHF diet for diabetics does not mean "Adkins" Diet (thank goodness). Fat in the diet does not cause high cholesterol, carbs do.
A lot of us on LcHf are finding this is not quite true.... Our total cholesterol often does rise, but much more importantly it is our good cholesterol HDL that rises and this gives us a much improved ratio and trigs which is now regarded much more import than overall cholesterol levels.

My total is higher than a year ago, before I was LcHf but my ratio is much, much better

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Thanks Trudi
Will try to pass this around.
P.S.
Monday night was a great end to a fun course.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It is hard to get the local NHS clinicians to even consider Trudi's presentation....

Some GP Practices will only allow posters or leaflets from DUK so until the larger advisory companies and the likes of IDDT etc start to listen it is going to be an uphill struggle for Trudi.

Doesn't matter what Trudi or Dr Unwins' etc have researched or presented unless Diabetes.org .uk and others start to listen then Trudi (and us) are going to find the same old carb, carb, carb advice is given.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is hard to get the local NHS clinicians to even consider Trudi's presentation....

Some GP Practices will only allow posters or leaflets from DUK so until the larger advisory companies and the likes of IDDT etc start to listen it is going to be an uphill struggle for Trudi.

Doesn't matter what Trudi or Dr Unwins' etc have researched or presented unless Diabetes.org .uk and others start to listen then Trudi (and us) are going to find the same old carb, carb, carb advice is given.

So what can we do to help? Can we start an e petition? How can we help Trudi to help us and others? Can we petition DUK? How do we shout loud enough so that we are heard?

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
So what can we do to help? Can we start an e petition? How can we help Trudi to help us and others? Can we petition DUK? How do we shout loud enough so that we are heard?

Wish I knew @zand.. Have sent you details of negativity that I can't publish on the worldwide web.

I'm a bit out of ideas at the moment. I have told Trudi about the negativity. I do know 100% that unless NHS england revises guidelines then it is going to be a huge climb for Trudi...don't know how on earth NHS England can be influenced....

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Trudi, is there a video of your presentation so we get to hear what you say over each slide?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
My DN yesterday said to me (unofficially of course) that she thought the Eatwell Plate (and much else of Government and charity-backed material) was bonkers for diabetics. Would you give a Snickers bar to someone with a nut allergy etc.

I've offered to do a presentation to my practice on my story. If we all did that then it adds to the drip-feed and maybe some GPs might start making representations to NICE etc. Even if only those members of NICE not in hock to BigPharma took notice ...

desidiabulum

Hi zand and others -- just wanted to reassure you that a number of us are lobbying DUK in different ways. Getting DUK to change its dietary message is the diabetic holy grail, and we must all keep at it..

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My DN yesterday said to me (unofficially of course) that she thought the Eatwell Plate (and much else of Government and charity-backed material) was bonkers for diabetics. Would you give a Snickers bar to someone with a nut allergy etc.

I've offered to do a presentation to my practice on my story. If we all did that then it adds to the drip-feed and maybe some GPs might start making representations to NICE etc. Even if only those members of NICE not in hock to BigPharma took notice ...

Will PM you "negativity" . Cannot worldwide publish....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just been thinking... Trudi has gone out on a limb here to be honest.

So what are DAFNE and DESMOND organisers doing to improve their courses and advice?
Who organises these courses.. We know Trudi does xpert ones.. But her nutritionalisrs are really going to be up agaist a battle with NHS dietitians and clinicians that won't even open the doors or their ears to listening.

Who runs DAPHNE and DESMOND courses?

Reactions: 3 people

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I propose to start a petition to DUK as suggested.
Petitions to the government have been dismissed by "experts"
Page 2 of Trudi's presentation
Confused? Has the X-PERT Programme become low carb? X-PERT Health is a charity with a mission to provide accurate and up-to-date information for the prevention and treatment of diabetes. Version 12.1 of the manual (Sept 2014) acknowledges the latest evidence for a very low carb/high fat lifestyle, it doesn’t prescribe it. The X-PERT Programme is based on the empowerment approach with informed decisions. If patients wish to adopt a low carb/high fat lifestyle, it is another option for them to lose weight and improve glycaemic control. Thus, the X-PERT Diabetes Programme continues the same but with less emphasis on low fat and supporting participants with trying different dietary approaches.

Reactions: 10 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I propose to start a petition to DUK as suggested.
Petitions to the government have been dismissed by "experts"

Up for that.. How?

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
But who is the boss of desmond and dafne courses

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DAFNE is run by a secretive German cabal, operating out of an underground volcano base in the Baltic Sea. Basically like SPECTRE in James Bond.

Reactions: 8 people