borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
noblehead said:
The games and the coverage has been first-class so far :thumbup:

The sports have been excellent - the organization and coverage of the road cycling kinda sucked. No time-checks for the viewers or the cyclists is pretty poor.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
noblehead said:
Indeed it has! The multiscreen option for picking events has been really good too and I'm getting into events that I never used to watch before such as beach volleyball! I was on the edge of my seat when GBR womens were playing Canada,a great result by GB in the end! :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Paul1976 said:
noblehead said:
Indeed it has! The multiscreen option for picking events has been really good too and I'm getting into events that I never used to watch before such as beach volleyball! I was on the edge of my seat when GBR womens were playing Canada,a great result by GB in the end! :D

Yes thank goodness for the red button :D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Paul1976 said:
Indeed it has! The multiscreen option for picking events has been really good too and I'm getting into events that I never used to watch before such as beach volleyball!

Pervert!

Paul1976

Dislikes
My cover is blown!!!! In honesty,I enjoyed it more than the missus did! :oops: :D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Paul1976 said:
My cover is blown!!!! In honesty,I enjoyed it more than the missus did! :oops: :D

Ha ha! Guess what Olympic Sport I'm going to see next Saturday morning? :thumbup: :wave:

Carbdodger

Poolside has to give the best view of fit men for us ladies. Off to see mens diving for me.

BF - guess you're off to see fencing?

Cd

neil0907

Dislikes
Five times a day injections as I can't get on with a pump due to my job.
I thought we was in a recession so where did all the money come from to build the stadium. Instead it could have been used on some thing like the NHS.

etmsreec

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll admit, I used to be one of the complaining hoardes with regard to sport. I didn't like football, didn't like Wimbledon, hated the Olympics.
Since taking up swimming and being more active, I'm now quite happy watching swimming and diving on tv too. I sometimes watch football and judo, and quite often watch boxing too.
I still can't stand Wimbledon, but that's just personal preference.

Good Luck Team GB in the rest of the swimming, diving, boxing, and all of the other sports. We could do with something positive!

etmsreec

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
neil0907 said:
I thought we was in a recession so where did all the money come from to build the stadium. Instead it could have been used on some thing like the NHS.
Lottery funding. One of the swimming teams quoted this morning was running on a budget of about £100,000 prior to lottery funding. Now they get over £2million.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am eagarly awaiting the track and field events and looking forward to the womens gymnastics ( can't wait :lol: ). No Olga Korbuts, Nadia Comenach or Nelly Kims, but cheering for Beth Tweddle :thumbup: :clap: Show jumping is on now, but it's not for me though :| RRB

rizzo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I live on an Olympic Route Network and it makes doing simple journeys more complicated and time consuming. In a way, I can't wait for it to be over even though I love watching sport, and usually love the Olympics. That said, I wish Team GB a lot of success.

Just for fun, try this:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

I matched with Jillian Tyler, a Canadian Swimmer which is fine. I was expecting to be matched with one of the Russian weightlifters or wrestlers :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
etmsreec said:
neil0907 said:
Lottery funding. One of the swimming teams quoted this morning was running on a budget of about £100,000 prior to lottery funding. Now they get over £2million.

Dont forget that every Londoner who pays Council Tax is coughing up over £2000 towards the costs :(

JohnJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Total waste of money!
It is 'playing' games…
You play games and spend money on recreation when…
You have fed the children…
OAPs have enough money to switch on another bar on the fire…
You don't have to sell your house to raise the money for that operation or course of drugs, or buy testing strips!
I could go on…

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sid Bonkers said:
Dont forget that every Londoner who pays Council Tax is coughing up over £2000 towards the costs :(

Worth every single penny! I hope we get the World Cup next.

On one hand everyone is bitching about childhood obesity, and a lack of positive role models for kids, and on the next they're complaining about the cost of the olympics.

I don't see cost. I see endeavour. And courage. I see people reaping the rewards of tens-of-thousands of hours of hard work. Most of all I see inspiration. Every night, as I watch the Olympics, I am inspired to lace up, and to go out and run further, run faster, and run harder.

Bit like this lad:
[youtube]LsXRj89cWa0[/youtube]

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
borofergie said:
Paul1976 said:

Ha ha! Guess what Olympic Sport I'm going to see next Saturday morning? :thumbup: :wave:
Will you be at Horse Guards parade?
I'll wave to you from Hyde Park where I'll be at the triathlon followed by Badminton in the afternoon and a meal in the evening.

I should think that the amount we spend on that day, plus fares to the UK and spending in the UK will help towards the subsidies. Sometimes I'm thinking I'm daft and that's a huge amount of money when I could have spent the week at home watching it on the tele (especially true when it rained today) . When I booked, I thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Paul1976

Dislikes
phoenix said:
borofergie said:
Paul1976 said:

I'll wave to you from Hyde Park where I'll be at the triathlon followed by Badminton in the afternoon and a meal in the evening.

I should think that the amount we spend on that day, plus fares to the UK and spending in the UK will help towards the subsidies. Sometimes I'm thinking I'm daft and that's a huge amount of money when I could have spent the week at home watching it on the tele (especially true when it rained today) . When I booked, I thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I totally agree!! I'm loving the olympics 100% and who knows if it will come here in our lifetime again so to anyone who has tickets...ENJOY!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
phoenix said:
borofergie said:
Paul1976 said:

Wow Phoenix, what a great day out! Which bit of the Triathlon are you going to watch (or do you get to see all three bits?).

I'll be at the Beach Volleyball on Saturday, the Athletics on Monday night and BMX on Thursday. I'm really very, very, excited.

Not sure about the tourism though. This week London is deserted, and all of the shop keepers are complaining that their takings are down, compared to a regular July week.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Shame about Dampney-Mullin earlier with the GB-ITA Beach volleyball! I was gutted for 'em!