Poll regarding X-PERT High Fat/Low Carb diet

We call on Diabetes UK to recognise the LCHF diet alongside the HCLF diet.

• I have had good blood glucose control & improved health with LCHF

Votes: 62 87.3%
  • I have had good blood glucose control & improved health with the standard HCLF diet

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I have had unsatisfactory results with LCHF

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • I have had unsatisfactory results with the standard HCLF diet

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi, Have you looked at the title of the Poll?

We call on Diabetes UK to recognise the LCHF diet alongside the HCLF diet.

We all know that many people do 'moderation' in the Low Carb High Fat, but isn't Diabetes UK sometimes preaching 'moderation' in the High Carb Low Fat diet? I'm not sure what you would want to achieve by including questions for moderation.

If we can get them to
recognize, as the poll question suggests, then there would clearly be moderation between the two by many people but they would have the option of choosing, where they don't at the moment, because they are only offered HCLF
Neil

Do DUK tell people to eat high carbs? Or a hclf diet?

Their diet advice as of 2011 was to eat a balanced diet and substituting high GI carbs for lower GI foods and watching the amount of sat fats, no mention of a high carb diet at all and Dr Trudi Deakins name is on the top of it dated 2011.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Documents/Reports/nutritional-guidelines-2013-amendment-0413.pdf

So why all this talk of hclf Im not aware of anyone suggesting that as a good idea so why put it in a poll?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
So that's you as "LowER carb, lower fat" then Sid!
Glad you got yourself "sorted out"

No I said I eat lower fat than I used to as I used to eat way too much food in general but you knew that didnt you?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

<snip>

So why all this talk of hclf Im not aware of anyone suggesting that as a good idea so why put it in a poll?

See post 41 for definitions and context of this thread.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just me, or are others befuddled how the statistical percentages can add up to more than 100%?

upload_2015-3-20_11-44-4.png

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Their diet advice as of 2011 was to eat a balanced diet and substituting high GI carbs for lower GI foods and watching the amount of sat fats, no mention of a high carb diet at all and Dr Trudi Deakins name is on the top of it dated 2011.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Documents/Reports/nutritional-guidelines-2013-amendment-0413.pdf

Please see post 41, I also, strongly suggest you get Trudi Deakin's book, it maybe a revelation to you.
Neil

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Is it just me, or are others befuddled how the statistical percentages can add up to more than 100%?

Because you can vote for more than one option, they're not mutually exclusive, e.g. 1 and 4 ;)

Reactions: 8 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

View attachment 12543

If multiple votes are allowed.. As it states... Then each indidual question is a percentage, not all 4 together.....if you see what I mean.
It means that from the 100% polled xx found no 1 worked, xx number found no2....it is a very good way to get multiple answers percentaged...

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If multiple votes are allowed.. As it states... Then each indidual question is a percentage, not all 4 together.....if you see what I mean.
It means that from the 100% polled xx found no 1 worked, xx number found no2....it is a very good way to get multiple answers percentaged...

Yes, I get a good understanding from that DD, thanks :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having re-done the X-pert course with Dr Deakin V recently I can confirm that LCHF is NOT "rammed down your throat" merely that the High Fat diet is an option to be considered. I believe that this stance is the one that should be followed by NHS/DUK et al : that this WoE is a viable option and should be considered, not that any one WoE should be pushed on anyone , to the exclusion of all others!

WoE? What is that?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thank you.
Thought I was missing out on another alternative diet.

(Embarrassed at how dozy I was not to realise what it meant).

Pipp, same here, I had no idea :oops: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people