Type 2 Pork and bacon

D

Deleted member 308541

I have been eating bacon for years both the traditionally cured and the quick cure method, neither have killed me off yet.

We always have two or three kgs of bacon in the freezer, we cook it in the microwave as well.

I like Chinese takeaway food from the local shop, it has my favourite msg, food colouring, and salt it in.

lindisfel

Expert
You shouldn't boast about your age tipetoo when your not over 21! :) ;)
I have been eating bacon for years both the traditionally cured and the quick cure method, neither have killed me off yet.

We always have two or three kgs of bacon in the freezer, we cook it in the microwave as well.

I like Chinese takeaway food from the local shop, it has my favourite msg, food colouring, and salt it in.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I boil bacon for a minute or so, sieve it out and then fry it as normal - I don't like it salty and I suspect it removes other soluble preservatives - I am looking well on it, I must say.
It also defrosts bacon straight from the freezer if you have not got any in the fridge.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfect start to the day.
Two slices of thick fresh crusty white bread, double layer of bacon, fried tomatoes.
Do not repeat!

What can be wrong with bacon?

Ok, bacon, sausage, black pudding, fried bread, tomato, mushrooms, black pudding, beans, fried egg, hash browns, toast.
Maybe too much?