Prof Tim Noakes

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Indy,
Having had an high GGT for several years I found this discussion interesting . Problem is, GGT being high may be due to another cause . Suspect my high ggt may be medication driven? All my other markers of metabolic disease are fine. regards Derek

lindisfel

Expert
I wish I knew what I had done to get the above text underlined then I may be able to undo it. This cheap smartphone does as it pleases!:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As usual, brilliantly and passionately argued!

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another excellent piece from his evidence. I look forward to the cross examination, that should be interesting.

I read on Twitter recently that Zoe Harcombe and Nina Teicholz are going to be defence witnesses. Maybe it will even be adjourned again! Scandalous waste of money but it may just be the tipping point.

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Indy, How long will it take for dietary advisors to get the message that carbohydrate causes obesity? D.

Last edited:

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, thanks again, another good piece of evidence. Still no news on whether Harcombe and Teicholz will be allowed to give evidence, I note.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Indy, Thanks for that, however still mystified with my own nafld when all my other metabolic markers are now reasonably good. It will be interesting seeing my latest bloods on Thursday. regards Derek

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just watched part 21. What a wonderful piece of advocacy. Bless him and all courage to him. What a wonderful man.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Indy, thank you so much for posting these. I've heard this all before, but never put forward and unified and pleaded so urgently. His account is so fresh, and so coherent, and he cares so much.

I should make clear for people who haven't realised it, these videos are the videotaped proceedings of Noakes's hearing for professional misconduct by the South African health and nutrition authority. He is fighting to clear his name. And, my goodness, that is what he is doing. And what a piece of learned, clear, persuasive, advocacy of science. Above all, he is defending the scientific method.

God bless him.

PS I just watched episode 20. It was amazing.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Part 26 - Prevalence of Type 2 after 1977 (seems like this might be the last video - appears to be his closing):

Last edited:
Reactions: Salvia and chalup

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just watched the last 4, as been away in Tenerife for the last 3 weeks....still grateful that you post these for us all:)

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The hearing re-started yesterday. if you do Twitter, Marika Sboros is tweeting minute by minute, and then at the end of the day she is writing a blog to summarise the day's events.

http://foodmed.net/

The first day seemed to go in Tim's favour, the HPCSA objected to Zoe Harcombe and Nina Teicholz as expert witnesses. They presented their case and took up half a day of precious time. The committee hearing the case ruled unanimously that Prof Tim could call these expert witnesses. Prof Tim has just finished presenting his evidence and the court has recessed for lunch. Tim'/ side suspect that the team presenting the evidence against him will stretch out his cross examination to 7 days, to prevent his witnesses being called. You couldn't make it up! We shall see.

Reactions: Salvia

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The hearing re-started yesterday. if you do Twitter, Marika Sboros is tweeting minute by minute, and then at the end of the day she is writing a blog to summarise the day's events.

http://foodmed.net/

The first day seemed to go in Tim's favour, the HPCSA objected to Zoe Harcombe and Nina Teicholz as expert witnesses. They presented their case and took up half a day of precious time. The committee hearing the case ruled unanimously that Prof Tim could call these expert witnesses. Prof Tim has just finished presenting his evidence and the court has recessed for lunch. Tim'/ side suspect that the team presenting the evidence against him will stretch out his cross examination to 7 days, to prevent his witnesses being called. You couldn't make it up! We shall see.

All I can say is WOW!!! This is like a Netflix serialisation