Provide your input to parliamentary enquiry on diabetes care

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for bringing this to my attention @ickihun. I will get round to sending in a submission soon.

Reactions: 2 people

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am in Canada so I don't think my input would be relevant. Sorry about that.

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the tag but I live, and was diagnosed, in Thailand so fear I would have little to contribute. Would have loved to if I had been able, thoughh

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Done & bumping - because, writing your submission might be an excellent use of a cloudy Sunday afternoon?

Reactions: 4 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Once term is over and I have a brain to myself, I'm very happy to add to this. Sorry, @ickihun I've only just noticed I was tagged a couple of days ago!

desidiabulum

Bumping this along again -- just 12 days left for you to provide your input. Just have a look at the Diabetes UK dietary advice if you need an extra incentive....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Re bumped... Got mine up to the 3000 word.

Having had good and bad diabetes care from differing hospitals it has been good to be able to give praise as well as constructive criticism and ways that they could achieve better communication ie. Going out to workplaces and getting gyms and chemists to sponsor and go along and wouldn't have to give company tax breaks or incentives providing the govt initiative emphasised the benefits of less sick, and more productivity etc..

Thank you so much for informing us...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm at 2,200 so far. Still a bit to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Submission sent. I've also posted the link all over facebook to try and ensure it gets out to loads of people.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
What a good idea.. Theres a uk facebook for gastroparesis and diabetics.. I'll post it on their too! Just done my facebook.
Brilliant idea..

desidiabulum

8 days left to write your contribution! Lots of people are doing this -- do make sure that your own voice and experiences are heard by the people who have the power to change things.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Emailed and sent by post too. I also emailed my MP and sent him a hard copy too. I've also asked my MP to look in to some concerns I have with my CCG and long term disabilities... Ie they will only rarely fund a CGM for 3 months. This I believe is discriminatory against persons with long term disabilities.. Like me that can only test on 4 fingers and with stomach and colon problems that will need treatment for the rest of my life.

Thank you for raising this... It's very important that diabetic's get to voice opinions on our healthcare. Thank you.