Regular moderate exercise log

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went home sick from work at lunch time and went to bed. Luckily I had done some steps early on - I did 11, 621 but tomorrow will be very much lower.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@kev-w glad you are back swimming and the numbers look good. @flexi06 sad to hear you are unwell but great work to have clocked up your 10k steps first. @Goonergal you hit 10k steps so well done. My pedometer came into its own today as lawn mowing hoodwinks fitbit but it is good exercise (the vibrations rack up extra steps). Overall about 1 hr mowing lawns as part of 14K steps. BG seems to think I have sat on the sofa for days eating sugar cubes.:banghead:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday chest. :) a bit weaker but usual sets/exercises. bench press from 60kg x15 to 75kg x3 in 2,5 raises then back down to 60. flys & pull overs and a press machine, I was happy enough with the session but any recent strength GAINZ :p have gone by the wayside, which of course isn't unusual after a couple of week lay off but anyway...

Good to get back into it :)

Reactions: therower

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spent most of the day in the car so only managed 6k steps.
Did 20mins physical jerks this morning though while listening to the radio and waiting for the vet to phone.
1:15 hr yoga class this evening

@flexi06 hope you feel a bit better tomorrow

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I attempted deadlifts last night with the "new" technique, did 175kg 5x5, but that was all as I started with a headache (been getting a lot of them since my eye surgery) so just stopped after my last set. Didn't get any assistance work done but just wanted to go and lie down!! Any way Bench tonight so should be better I'm competing in November so I have to better then!!!!

Take care everyone.

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somehow it ended up being 7,560 steps yesterday despite not doing anything except dr and hospital (yet another load of blood tests inc an hba1c-a month after last one) I must hold the record for most hba1c ‘s. Thanks all for the good wishes, still feeling the fatigue but as I am off sick and doing very little, it’s manageable. The walk from the car park to Hosp must have helped. Have to pick up prescription today so will try (albeit slowly) to extend the walk. Have a good day everyone x

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t ask me how but 9,389 steps today - despite feeling like I lolled around feeling sorry for myself. It shows I guess, how much my general activity levels have increased. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Didn’t feel like I was doing much today, but pedometer shows 16,984 steps.

Reactions: johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench last night, started a programme to get me up to a competition bench of 145kg (with a pause on the chest) so it was a relatively easyish 80kg 6x5, followed by decline bench 110kg 5x8 then biceps 25kg d/b curls , then home. I will see how it goes.

Take care everyone.

@flexi06 hope you start feeling better soon.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back day, pull downs, dead lifts & shrugs up to bodyweight (80kg) bent over rows & seated cable rows to 50kg & 3 sets of French press for the triceps to finish.

Waiting for car parts so am cycling at the moment, at least that's my excuse for not swimming :p

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well knock me down with a sugary feather- I’m getting back up there with 10,960 today but just did my post prandial and it was 7.8- seemed high so I tried again 8.3 - tried again 8.6. Stopped there in case it went higher. What caused this I do not know. My normal is about between 5.4 to 7.2 ( only the higher if I’ve had something a little extra carby) so what caused this today? I am at a loss. Good for you @Goonergal

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I meant for the double Pilates lol not the “no special exercise today”. Lol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@flexi06 Good on you for keeping going and I am sure bg will settle. @Goonergal taking it easy for a day at least is a wise move. Some lawn mowing, giving the ditch a trim, dog walking and generally pootling will bring 14K steps on pedometer over 20k on fitbit. Best for 3 or 4 days so gently moving again.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Shoulders tonight, side lat raises 25kg 10x10, shoulder press 80kg 8x5, machine press 65kg 8x5, shrugs 120kg 12x4, face pulls 100kg 5x10, rear delts 40kg 5x8, triceps close grip bench 100kg5x10 push downs 45kg 5x12, not bad considering I felt like I was dying yesterday. See what tomorrow brings

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to think of walking reasons now I have no dog to encourage it.
Only managed a few hundred steps the first couple of days but today I walked 45 mins to my pilates lesson. Caught the bus back but 13k steps ( plus the pilates) nevertheless.
Feeling a bit better for it, doesn’t do to mope I know.