Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Very behind with forum matters - looks like it’s over a week since I was last on this thread. Not my best week in terms of exercise. After a dramatic fall close to the end of a very long walk last Sunday (26,000 steps in total), felt a bit too delicate for the gym and barely made 10k steps a day. Some days much less than that. Planning to remedy this week.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back @Goonergal - don't push to quickly after the fall. Made a small effort today may be useful one day. 25 mins exercise bike with some sprints; 5 x 5 x 6 on weights; 13k steps. Hope you all did whatever you wanted to today, enjoyed it and saw the results you wanted.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing Ive done was go on a wet, not very relaxing walk with family and 3 large dogs, one of which a 60kg Gt Dane puppy on his first outing since coming to his ‘forever home’ from the rescue centre. He’s lovely but v excitable and very strong - a lot of training sessions in store.
Didn’t even make 10k steps after all that - felt a lot longer.
Staying at daughter’s still so no weights this evening.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my shoulders done yesterday, usual routine using kettle bells, then some bar bell press to 50kg x 4, db front and side raises, trap rows, face pulls and shrugs, and if todays breakfast insulin works out I'm going shortly to catch up on the missed legs session and have a half hours swim.

Bright outside so plan on a happy Sunday :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of circuits sessions and 11k steps, along with a WAFC match made this a fairly bog standard Saturday!
Ah, so you are the other one of Wigan's frozen 2. Worked with a guy called Phil Winstanley who hailed from those climes - needed a translator but a sound chap.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing great today but quite pleasing as I started the day quite achy and sneezy so 14.4k steps seems ok for an indolent old geezer. Hope you all had good days and achieved bigly.

Reactions: paulmh and DJC3

Geoffno6

22k steps Saturday including the 5k Parkrun. I didn’t have my weekly pre run 10-15g carbs and was intrigued to see the results on the libre forgetting that it’s 2 weeks was up on Saturday morning, so no results. Runs seem to bang up my BG but keep them lower for the rest of the day. The run was really hard and the 6 mile walk after was hard work so Sunday I rested and did a measly 6k steps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am certain this won't be enough for any of my wishes but it does seem to be the best I can currently squeeze out of my body which determines how much fuel I need on board. 12k steps with approx 90 mins Nordic walking in there. 30 mins exercise bike with some sprints. Huge respect to all you who can actually lean in.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am certain this won't be enough for any of my wishes but it does seem to be the best I can currently squeeze out of my body which determines how much fuel I need on board. 12k steps with approx 90 mins Nordic walking in there. 30 mins exercise bike with some sprints. Huge respect to all you who can actually lean in.

Sounds like a pretty good day. Glad you’re back to the Nordic walking is your back ok with it?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t quite make 10k steps in spite of spending all day Christmas shopping. Trudging obviously isn’t the same as proper walking.
Did the 17 min weights for beginners workout ( with wine bottles again as Mr C had kindly replaced the empties)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a pretty good day. Glad you’re back to the Nordic walking is your back ok with it?
Back is helped by Nordic walking so hopefully I will be doing more of it with the dogs - solved some of the practicalities that I wondered about so all seems good.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all Training last night consisted of Bench 100kg 5x5, Floor Press 100kg 3x10, lat pull downs (close grip) 100kg 3x8, Triciep one handed push 60kg 3x8 and finished with face pulls 90kg 3x15, and then finished. I have a new phone and it has an app on that counts my steps (modern technology eh!) and I'm currently averaging 7k steps a day! not bad for a office waller.

Take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Just 8k steps - I have that app too @johnpol I blame feeble numbers on the fact I often forget to put the phone in my pocket.
1hr exercise class for old biddies in the village hall. It’s very gentle which suits me, but more importantly it does make me laugh - they are all mad as a box of frogs but very friendly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swimming class today was all about kicks - found that hard work for 30 minutes. Dog walk was Nordic Walking for an hour. Haven't done anything since so its my fault if things go Pete Tong. Will be 11.4k steps - Nordic Walking does make me faster but also cuts steps down - I assume bigger strides.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained legs last night, consisted of hurting my knee and having a proper whinge about it. Then did leg press with 5 plates a side for 100 reps, thigh extensions 55kg 100 reps, then I went home in the huff!! Deadlifts tonight with copious amounts of Voltarol gel on my knees!!

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3

Geoffno6

My yo yo step count:
27k Saturday walking with a runny nose
5k Sunday - cos my legs hurt and nose was wet still
20k Monday - went to winter wonderland still dripping
4.2 k came home early from work cos cold got to me

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fallen behind again. Sunday’s planned long walk didn’t materialise - baking over ran and then the heavens opened. Got to 8k steps while shopping.

Made it to the gym on Monday morning - woke at stupid o’clock so managed a pre-work workout and was still at work by 7.15am! Fall injuries stopped my step ups - right leg just wouldn’t cooperate - but managed my other regular weights, stretches and crunches. 11k steps in addition.

Yesterday 15.6k steps and today 9k.

Reactions: paulmh and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I tried bless me. 1 hour exercise bike the idea being longer gentle cardio to control DP rise - worked for that. 1 hour Nordic Walk with dogs. Then it all went Pete Tong (ish.) Ran out of steam a little and ducked out of planned weights. Will be 10.5k steps - Nordic walking does cut quite a few steps off the normal dog walk - fitbit records are good for that - my step counts are from pedometer not fitbit.