Regular moderate exercise log

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wrinklies swimming lesson - I think it is the hardest thing I do but without shelling out on a different fitbit or other wearable I won't know. 13k steps. No idea how good any of that is but I do know it is better than saying not for me thanks.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

Wrinklies swimming lesson - I think it is the hardest thing I do but without shelling out on a different fitbit or other wearable I won't know. 13k steps. No idea how good any of that is but I do know it is better than saying not for me thanks.
13k steps is a fair way there and back again Ian.

I have Samsung Health app on my mobile phone, I would like to know how many steps I do playing 18 ends of bowls. Unfortunately I will never know as we are not allowed phones on the green.

Reactions: DJC3

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s funny Ian, reading your post about doing some vigorous Nordic walking was a direct inspiration for me this morning - I decided on a whim to walk to the office, unfortunately meant I had a lot of stuff to carry since I hadn’t planned it in advance so I’m suffering now. Got into work just after 9, still managed to do 10am circuits and now at just shy of 27k steps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mostly indoors today keeping an eye on the infirm one. Trips to check on the chickens/collect eggs, dog walk, hoovering, washing and 11k steps so OK I guess.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be well in the habit of walking all the way to work (3 miles) every day now. I suppose I ought to thank my local bus company for changing the routes in such a way that I am genuinely just as fast walking. (Former Best Route no longer goes near workplace but turns off towards the hospital halfway there. Former 2nd Best Route has been altered for the last bit in such a way that I'm just as fast getting off at the bottom of the hill for the last mile and walking up it than going around the three and a bit miles on the bus.)

In the meantime, I've been able to cut evening walks back to a brisk half hour after a meal, just for the blood sugar control effects. Doesn't matter how well I insulinate - if I eat after 7.00 p.m. and don't do a short walk, I get a high number first thing in the morning.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last nights training session was a light one, consisting of Bench 100kg 5x5, decline bench 100kg 5x5, shoulder press 60kg 5x5 and that was it. I'm hoping to deadlift tonight but lightish then begin next week on a programme to take me through to next years comps.

Take care everyone.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rained off work yesterday again so did my back at lunchtime, pull downs to 80kg x 4, one arm kneeling rows to 40kg x 4, deadlifts to 90kg (a grumbling knee) close grip pull downs to 85kg x 4 and seated cable rows to 50kg x 6, then after school I went swimming with child, she managed a 25m crawl sprint in 26 seconds from a dive which she was pleased with, I just did an inward cringe with her getting faster :p

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting day. 11.7k steps, 40 mins exercise bike with some sprints, weights - trying to find 1 rep max on 6 exercises on weight machine. Need to work out how to use that to devise a good routine. What I have found suggests 80% or 60% and different reps - 6?

Last edited:
Reactions: paulmh and DJC3

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff Ian!

Yesterday was a write off. Today two circuits sessions and 11k steps.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Haven’t been on here for a bit as I’m staying in Cornwall and my usual exercise routine has gone for a burton. Bgs suffering because of it, and that’s been getting me down.
@ianpspurs many thanks for chivvying me along. I looked on Youtube for a beginner’s weights programme and found a good 17 minute one which I managed holding 2 bottles of wine rather than dumbells (which I don’t have). Worked pretty well and bgs now a respectable 5.2.
Just got to keep it up now!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Haven’t been on here for a bit as I’m staying in Cornwall and my usual exercise routine has gone for a burton. Bgs suffering because of it, and that’s been getting me down.
@ianpspurs many thanks for chivvying me along. I looked on Youtube for a beginner’s weights programme and found a good 17 minute one which I managed holding 2 bottles of wine rather than dumbells (which I don’t have). Worked pretty well and bgs now a respectable 5.2.
You will keep it up you are a fighter. Top gal @DJC3

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@DJC3 Excellent weight training principle! I know carrying a backpack full of shopping, especially if there are bottles of liquid in the backpack, up the last mile home can drop my bgs by loads.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Excellent improvisation there, except when they got heavy I would have drunk the wine!!

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last night was deadlift, which consisted of 155kg 5x5, but with lots of reps to warm up as I increased the weight. This week has been a "Deload" week so I can get back into the swing of it. I fully intend on beginning my proper training next week.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lazy day - made it over the line for just over 10k steps on pedometer. Hope you guys all did everything you wanted and found it both enjoyable and effective.

Reactions: Japes and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all
A measly 5k steps today - went down to the village to get a paper this morning and got caught in a very painful hailstorm. The sun came out now and again but always followed by rain or hail within a few minutes so decided it was an indoors day.
15 mins on the exercise bike and a weights session with Youtube again. Used tomato soup cans for weights today as strangely there was only 1 bottle of wine left!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Walking home, furniture moving and two hours of household chores was definitely enough activity for a Friday night! Had to treat a hypo before bed, and am predictably slightly higher than I would like this morning. Which is OK as I'm off for a walk to see how much nearer I can get to the end of the year's totals.

On inspecting the spreadsheet, I should have smashed both targets by Christmas with the Total Steps one in the next few days!

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3