Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained last night, very light. It was a bitsa training session, which consisted bits of everything, bench 60kg x2x25 then shoulders side lat raises 15kg x2x25 shoulder press 35kg x 2 x20, then bicep D/B curls 20kgx2x25 then close grip press for triceps 60kg x2 x18. and it all felt heavy, I was lethargic and felt like I wanted to be on the couch! So I will be training again tonight, another bitsa session then start programming for next year.

Take care everyone.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rained off work so I went and trained my back first thing, pull downs to 80kg x 4, dead lifts the same, close grip pull down the same, :) db shrugs to 36kg x 6, machine bent over rows to 50kg x 6, one handed bent over db rows to 36kg and finishing with seated cable rows to 50kg x6, and felt weary when I finished but went back at 3pm and swum 1250m breaststroke in just under 33 minutes and that pleased me.

I'll have my feet up this evening I think :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last training session of the week last night and it was another bitsa session, bit of back pulldowns 80kg 2x25 then rear delts 45kg 2x25, Face pulls 65kg 3x18, tricep pushdowns 45kg 2x18 and that was it. Back to "proper" training next week, I will begin my preparation for next years competitions. Can't wait.

Take care everyone.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
catching up again -
lazy on Tuesday, just 45mins walk
just 30 mins on the bike rollers on Weds - quality though
an hours hard run last night
40 mins on the fat bike this morning , i'll do some strength work tonight

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20 mins HIIT on exercise bike this morning, then 1 hr+ dog walk; yard work straight after.; 30 mins exercise bike late afternoon; 14k steps overall. Would have added Nordic walking but dozed off this afternoon and also missed off weights. I need to add in body weight and other weights too cardio based atm.

Reactions: kev-w

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Disrupted couple of days, changes in routine stopped all but a couple of half ***** gym visits in the morning on Thursday and Friday, plus usual circuits session 6pm. Back to normal tomorrow though. 11k steps today, plus some dancing!

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Launched into the final month of the year's walking well pleased with where I'd got to and have given myself a good start to this month. I could ease up for the rest of the year now, but, um, it's unlikely to happen.

Pondering next year's challenges now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rest day today until 8.20. Then I couldn't bear Star Wars and the X factor so went Nordic Walking for 30/40 mins. 15k steps - (glad I ordered the head torch)

Last edited:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders for me, managed to bottoms up press the 16kg kettle bell twice on each side, dumb bell press to 24kg x 2, front raises to 18kg x 4, strict cable side raises to 15kg x 3, 20kg kettle bell press x6 each side, face pulls to 20kg x 6, trap rows to 45kg x 6 and that was my lot :)

Swimming tomorrow if all goes to plan with my bloods :)

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had family staying so missed one of my two Saturday morning circuits, went to football in afternoon and evening bowling but still only managed 12k steps..

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sunday lunchtime swim, 1150m in 31 minutes, and out with a 4.1 and a sloping down Libre arrow, so a thank you to the NHS for Glucogel :) and I ate a banana before I got in the pool, my own fault mindst you, I slept in and had a late breakfast so had too much iob, but all's well that ends well :p

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did have a rest day today - bit tired and stiff for Nordic Walking tonight and cosy by the fire just headphones so I don't hear X factor - besides NFL to watch elsewhere. 13.5k steps is all there is today.

Last edited:

Geoffno6

Only 4K steps today but I did do 40 mins really pushing it resistance training in the gym so not too bothered about the lack of steps

Reactions: paulmh

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a busy work day, lots of driving so only managed 8k steps, plus my regular 6pm circuit training (but couldn’t slope off for 10am boxing training).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet and windy today and as my dogs are 13 years old and I can't walk in wellies or boots indoor day with a few forays to check eggs and chickens. 8k steps is all I managed today.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A late morning chest session as I was rained off work, dumb bell press to 36kg x 2, bar bell press to 80kg x 2, flys and pull overs, with some left wrist curls, using kettle bells still in my warm ups, not a bad session and a flat Libre line :)

Geoffno6

Warm 22C and sunny here, enjoyed a 3 mile run, I ate the tiniest banana before running and now my 7.1 has gone up to 10.5 . Already have 7k steps at 9am if that’s a good thing.