Regular moderate exercise log

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahem. Forgetting someone? :D

Racked up another 2000m last night, so doing double the expected amount per week, might finish the challenge in half the time!
Oh wow - puts me to shame! Struggling to do more than 1250mtr at a time and can only manage a couple times a week with finding time. You’ll definitely be finished early. I’ll be living in the pool the last week panicking :rolleyes:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 50 lengths done tonight but managed a lot quicker for me- 39 minutes. Probably because every 10th length I mixed it up and did a backstroke length. Always my favourite and strongest stroke but because of that I give it my all and am huffing and puffing after it:wacky: but the constant breast stroke gets boring so was nice to have a little change

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh wow - puts me to shame! Struggling to do more than 1250mtr at a time and can only manage a couple times a week with finding time. You’ll definitely be finished early. I’ll be living in the pool the last week panicking :rolleyes:
Both amazing. If I were doing it the quickest i could swim that far would be 33 years. Today I managed 13.6k steps and somehow my new phone pedometer app claims I walked at a brisk pace for 40 minutes - now in A and E having ribs x-rayed :angelic:

Reactions: zauberflote

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Both amazing. If I were doing it the quickest i could swim that far would be 33 years. Today I managed 13.6k steps and somehow my new phone pedometer app claims I walked at a brisk pace for 40 minutes - now in A and E having ribs x-rayed :angelic:
Hope you get seen quickly!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

For real? Or was that a glorious bit of humor, as in, your app says you walked briskly and you cracked yourself up laughing? Coming from you, it could be either. If you really are there, I hope you get/got to come home the same day!!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Just eating (late) supper after a very grand walk. Raw and rainy out there, all bundled up in my water-resistant parka, 3.1 miles sailing all the way, with what turned out to be a stiff tailwind. Another personal best time for this iteration of walking, and definitely best feeling in a long time. I cheated and broke my puny fast with 3 spoons of hemp seed hearts, which turn out to be very delicious all by they little selves. BG went up anyway, but maybe the picture on the bag has given me a little contact high.... ;)

Reactions: Emma_369

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The :angelic: emoji was obs a poor choice - meant to convey rib splitting laughter at me walking at a brisk pace. On the other hand, you may have potted that and wound me in there
Im just going to sit in the corner and hide :bag: nope that all went way over my head. I’ll blame my hunger on making my brain not function as effectively as @zauberflote :D

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gotta say, @Emma_369 and @ianpspurs it’s taking me a while to figure out this particular type of Brit wit. We are way too slow and stoopid over here to use such humor, so Emma, I had to think long and hard to even have the nerve to post back!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So only steps again today and not a lot of those - 15k and 40 mins brisk according to phone pedometer. The other 2 differ but neither indicate speed. Fitbit suggests awesome heart rate for walking so best ignored, although I know my biomechanics make walking very hard work.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Too many gadgets @ianpspurs .....
Today was a flying around day. Mood up and energy up all day. Ran out of time so 1.34 mile fast walk. It’s truly amazing how Saturday night drivers in the neighborhood can just plain not see my industrial grade reflective highway vest!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lots of standing, with breathing in a very controlled fashion while wiggling fingers in a highly organised way, all while continually holding (with the wiggling fingers) a +/- 18 oz hollow silver and gold cylinder precisely horizontal. Leave us not forget the simultaneous facial isometric contortions.
Later, a 1.1 mi slow meander, contemplative in nature.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahem. Forgetting someone? :D

Oops, sorry!

Very little on the exercise front while I’ve been under the weather - Thursday saw 15.6k steps but the totals in the 3 days since college me to less than that combined.

A bit of enforced rest may not be a bad thing and since I’m now coming down with a cold, looks like being a longer one than anticipated.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Too many gadgets @ianpspurs .....
Today was a flying around day. Mood up and energy up all day. Ran out of time so 1.34 mile fast walk. It’s truly amazing how Saturday night drivers in the neighborhood can just plain not see my industrial grade reflective highway vest!

Truly amazing how many driver/cyclists/other road users say they've "not seen me" and I treat them to one of my hard stares, honed on students, then suggest they're not looking, or need their eyes testing to check they're fit to be operating their bit of machinery if they can't see the hi-viz jacket and hi-viz backpack cover I always wear. Especially when they themselves are not particularly visible and I've clocked their presence to take evasive action. Yes, on-pavement cyclists who insist on dark clothing and no lights whilst going at full speed around corners on pavements on dark nights, I'm talking about you.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Truly amazing how many driver/cyclists/other.......... Yes, on-pavement cyclists who insist on dark clothing and no lights whilst going at full speed around corners on pavements on dark nights, I'm talking about you.
Yep! I live on a street that’s directly off a 6-lane main drag, and people will do this. They are mainly very street-savvy teens, and black is their choice. For them it’s about growing up. For the lady who was killed one night on her way to or from work, killed by somebody who was texting while biker rode precisely where she was supposed to .... yet another white ghost bike went up at that spot.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
42 lengths of the pool done tonight and every one of them hurt - silly body!!! Here’s hoping Wednesday is less of a chore :)

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
3 mile “very fast” walk. Full of energy. Realized I’d taken neither advil nor tylenol since early morning. Stuff hurt...

Reactions: paulmh

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear of the aches and pain @zauberflote and @Emma_369 (you do realise Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday are later in the week?) Brilliant efforts both but play the long game. I managed 13k steps with allegedly 45 mins at a brisk pace. Tree pollen seems to be making me fairly lethargic and was probably behind the joint problems so started anti allergy tablets in Feb this year.