Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been feeling sorry for myself for a week with a cold so didn’t bother to think about exercise. Looking back my step count ranged from >17k to only around 3.5k
Back in the zone now though, bgs certainly suffered.
Yesterday 11.5k steps and 75mins yoga
Not sure about today but it’s a glorious day so maybe a walk.

Reactions: zauberflote

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An oddity which I’ll note - yesterday all I had to eat was a tuna salad, and lots of coffees with cream (can’t believe how good an appetite suppresant that is). Did my usual 6.15 boot camp then swam 2000m (112 lengths of my 18m pool - what size pool are you working with @Emma_369?) At 8pm my blood was 6.4. What’s that about? I was sure it would be in the fives or even lower. I felt totally wiped out!

Tried recalibrating my meter but my test fluids are waaaay out of date and gave weird readings. I got the same reading from the damned thing at 4am this morning, and the same reading when I got up at 7.30. So now I don’t know if I’m getting good info. I have another meter (Contour One) which I got free and has wildly expensive strips, and it’s reading a full 0.5 lower - 5.9 versus 6.4. I guess I’ll have to spend some time today researching how to get it working accurately again..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An oddity which I’ll note - yesterday all I had to eat was a tuna salad, and lots of coffees with cream (can’t believe how good an appetite suppresant that is). Did my usual 6.15 boot camp then swam 2000m (112 lengths of my 18m pool - what size pool are you working with @Emma_369?) At 8pm my blood was 6.4. What’s that about? I was sure it would be in the fives or even lower. I felt totally wiped out!

Tried recalibrating my meter but my test fluids are waaaay out of date and gave weird readings. I got the same reading from the damned thing at 4am this morning, and the same reading when I got up at 7.30. So now I don’t know if I’m getting good info. I have another meter (Contour One) which I got free and has wildly expensive strips, and it’s reading a full 0.5 lower - 5.9 versus 6.4. I guess I’ll have to spend some time today researching how to get it working accurately again..
What type of meter is the one giving rogue readings? Plenty of posters have spotted problems with Codefree.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tee2. The one I got from the practice when diagnosed.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An oddity which I’ll note - yesterday all I had to eat was a tuna salad, and lots of coffees with cream (can’t believe how good an appetite suppresant that is). Did my usual 6.15 boot camp then swam 2000m (112 lengths of my 18m pool - what size pool are you working with @Emma_369?) .
I’m in a 25mtr pool

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night, 205kg 3x2 then home, not feeling it at the moment am so tired it is unreal, 10 training weeks left until the British Champs so just have to carry on.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs Feb is a good choice to get ahead of your allergies. I live in the allergy capital of the East Coast, and have lived here for nearly 43 years. I now have 11+ month outdoors allergies. And spring is definitely coming 3-5 weeks earlier than it did 40 years ago...the pollen appears in early January now. I had 2.5 weeks in December of no outdoors stuff bothering me. It is a fact of life around these parts. Everybody is going around lethargic, watery-red-eyed, sneezing coughing allergic right now. I’m better off than many bc of the 7 meds I take for allergies/asthma.
@DJC3 glad you’re looking up some; take advantage of glorious weather for sure!
@paulmh grrr that kind of thing is irritating, isn’t it. Hope you get things to behave soon :)
@johnpol good grief that is alot of weight. I’m exhausted just reading it! Hope you recover soon! For this kind of training, are there rest days regularly?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Still taking it easy due to bad throat but step count getting more respectable. 13.6k yesterday and 18.5k today including a short jaunt down the Regent’s Canal on the way to work. Pics for @zauberflote

12215D01-E1CC-4743-8035-C1207A324CF4.jpeg
45ABC7AD-1783-438D-B976-4E731EDACC81.jpeg

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@ianpspurs Feb is a good choice to get ahead of your allergies. I live in the allergy capital of the East Coast, and have lived here for nearly 43 years. I now have 11+ month outdoors allergies. And spring is definitely coming 3-5 weeks earlier than it did 40 years ago...the pollen appears in early January now. I had 2.5 weeks in December of no outdoors stuff bothering me. It is a fact of life around these parts. Everybody is going around lethargic, watery-red-eyed, sneezing coughing allergic right now. I’m better off than many bc of the 7 meds I take for allergies/asthma.
@DJC3 glad you’re looking up some; take advantage of glorious weather for sure!
@paulmh grrr that kind of thing is irritating, isn’t it. Hope you get things to behave soon :)
@johnpol good grief that is alot of weight. I’m exhausted just reading it! Hope you recover soon! For this kind of training, are there rest days regularly?
I have reduced my training week down to three days now, especially as my weights are increasing and I'm feeling my age!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13k and some steps today along with swimming lesson for sad old gits and 15 mins cutting the dinky lawn. Just running a holding pattern ATM while I am dealing with tree pollen and ensuring I can look after Julie until medics solve her knee and back problem.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - just got back from the pool. 50 lengths done. First time I’ve done two consecutive days. Feeling good. Might go tomorrow - make it 3 in a row :angelic:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal I am staying up late to book the soonest flight to visit you. Those are GORGEOUS!!!
So long as your chest remains clear, walk long and far
I am relieved @johnpol !
Hugs for Julie @ianpspurs
The day got away from me about 11am so a shorter supposedly slower walk 2.5 miles. I was tired, and am now tireder yet. Enough sleep tonight (note to self, that means self has to get in bed on time, self, are you even listening?) ought to be helpful.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today will end up 14k steps. Some of those were carrying the 20kg chicken feed sack, on my shoulder, from the car to their hopper - 40 yards or so. Couldn't have done that with joint issues so happy with that. I do need to be using the weights more but just easing myself through Julie's problems and my adjustment to tree pollen. Need this all to be long term not fast track to nowhere.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well. Sat still for a few hours at the opera. Then...insert droning on about nothing..., so, a walk of 0.62 miles very slowly with exaggerated ankle and foot motion. Tomorrow is another day!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 10k steps yesterday.
Started the day with 20 mins strength exercises at home, sit ups, plank, squats etc
Went to gym for 40 min session ( did what PT had written down for me), cross trainer, walking lunges on treadmill set to 15% incline and some stuff with 3kg handweights.
@Emma_369 good going on the swimming.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gym first thing this morning, same routine as yesterday. Felt good to start the day this way and it had a really good impact on bgs. Now I’ve just got to try and maintain this level of exercise.
12k steps too which is more that I expected as the neuropathic pain in my foot has flared up again and made walking painful.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 oh I’m sorry about the leg pain! Hope it unflares itself quickly.
@Emma_369 closing in on your swim goal, right? Well done!
3.1 mile hard fast walk in the hilly ‘hood. Felt very good during it and about myself after. Walking outside is so much happier than in the basement on a treadmill!