Regular moderate exercise log

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not swimming. Too sore. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ibuprofen gel is my new best friend!

Wonder if I give myself a week off programmed exercise all my fitness will fall off?! Particularly now I'm on a 3-day short break from today until Wednesday.

Will be as active as I can in everyday terms and get back on the wagon soon.

Have a good day, all!

:)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Not swimming. Too sore. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ibuprofen gel is my new best friend!

Wonder if I give myself a week off programmed exercise all my fitness will fall off?! Particularly now I'm on a 3-day short break from today until Wednesday.

Have a good day, all!

Have a good day, all!

Probably just do some gentle stretches and walking. The fitness won't drop too much and being injury free is more important.

Reactions: 2 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
I've just restarted jogging/running after winter lay off.
I have been using the gym 2 hr 3 times a week but 1st two runs are murder but will pay off long term.
Cheers.

Reactions: 5 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It is murder. We just have to keep it up though - or if it's too ghastly(? how do you tell?), slack back one notch and keep on. It is going to get SO MUCH BETTER !

Reactions: 3 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Feeling much better just reading all this!

Happily this unwanted 'owwy' downtime has coincided not only with a few days away but also with a slight tummy issue courtesy of the husband!

With all 3 things at once (the ows, the fact I haven't been on home turf plus the tummy) I have granted myself a 3-reason 'no guilt' pass for the lack of exercise.

Will re-evaluate at the weekend ready to hit the ground - erm - running next week!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all, gym day today. Have been battling lows so went in following a bowl of super healthy coco-pops with only basal on board. Ended up at 4.5 and it took a while to get back up. Hope numbers calm down again soon.

Reactions: 4 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have outdone myself. After bike ride yesterday because it was the first Spring day, added to dance class, where I really started to *dance*, fantastic, clocked up 4 hrs of ex yesterday.

And the result - my God - I can BARELY MOVE today. How am I going to get on my bike? Ow, ow, ow !!! :)

Pleased though.

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this thread into a moaner's charter. It's how it feels, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Diakat I misread your post as 'gym all day today' and nearly had to sit down! Hope your numbers have settled. And 4 hours - that's amazing @LucySW . I'm just off for a walk in the sunshine. Swimming I hope in the morning, then I'm going to be redoing week 2 of the couch to 5k, starting Saturday.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat I misread your post as 'gym all day today' and nearly had to sit down! Hope your numbers have settled. And 4 hours - that's amazing @LucySW . I'm just off for a walk in the sunshine. Swimming I hope in the morning, then I'm going to be redoing week 2 of the couch to 5k, starting Saturday.

Don't think I'd have the stamina but the chance would be afine thing!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
30 lengths this morning and no twinges. High hopes for gentle running tomorrow!

Have a fab day, all!

Reactions: 3 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks
Its off to the gym for me (2 hr).
Try to undo 50 years of damage.......some chance but I will try!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Owwwwwwww. Feet not playing ball. Very very frustrated. Tried week 2 podcast but ended up walking after about half a dozen steps of the first running section.

I have no idea how I've managed to break myself so soon!

Still, onwards and upwards. Am thinking I might just go back to a daily swim from now on and ditch the couch to 5k altogether.

:(

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Cleaned the house from top to bottom yesterday. Lovely sugar drop as a result and quite out of breath at some points. Prefer the gym though.:D

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all, cardio today, rowing, bike and even tried running. I hate running.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Birthday walk by the sea yesterday. Best exercise! Now intervals beckon, eughhh ...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Gym in the morning then swimming with my daughter in the afternoon. I can feel the ache in my back muscles already o_O

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Back to intervals today. But I have this absurd idea they are doing me so much good that I feel better and better.