Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still been in holiday mode I think today, and exercise regime has been feeble in the extreme.
Didn’t even manage to take the dog for a walk ( other people did so she hasn’t suffered from my laziness)
Exercise log:
Barely managed 10k steps. 10skips, (previously mentioned).
Just done 20 mins moderate cycling to try to redeem myself a bit.

Tomorrow I will do more

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained shoulders last night, not too heavy as was still feeling under the weather. So side lateral raises 25kg dumb bells 5x10, shoulder press 110kg 4x10, shrugs 5x15, face pulls heavy 3x15 rear delts 45kg 4x10. So not a bad session really.

Reactions: kev-w

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm very proud of myself this week. I've pushed myself everyday.
Out today too.
Although painkillers have turned me cross eyed and relaxed, I still have pain when walking. My right side is getting scatica now.
Another week before I see msk man. So back to see gp to tell him about dihydrocodeine side effects on me. Maybe he will reduce it and increase pregabalin after all. Before msk appointment.
Throughout I'm determined to walk in any opportunity.
Monday I plan on 2 walks and restarting metformin.
I love walking. I cannot lose this ability. No matter what!

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best I will manage today will be 14K steps not really brisk pace but I have made it through to 72 hours food fasting so maybe a fair trade off?

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi 17,490 today and every step was a difficult tiring drag - I’m done in today ( even more than usual) gotta sort out this HRT. It does not feel normal to be so tired. 6 and a half hours sleep last night too- not enough for me but I am doing everything they say to do. Ah well. Good night people maybe tonight will be better. Sweet dreams y’all.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi 17,490 today and every step was a difficult tiring drag - I’m done in today ( even more than usual) gotta sort out this HRT. It does not feel normal to be so tired. 6 and a half hours sleep last night too- not enough for me but I am doing everything they say to do. Ah well. Good night people maybe tonight will be better. Sweet dreams y’all.
@flexi06 you are a proper trooper. If there is any justice your bgs will sink like a stone

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahhh thanks @IanP ur a sweetie and a bit of a flipping trooper yourself and an inspiration in lots of ways

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Started well with 20 min moderate cycling.
1hr Rehab gym session ( fairly gentle cardio and resistance)
Only 9k steps so far but will take dog out in a minute.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Slight change of routine and all was well with the evening walk this time! Definitely better off walking as much as possible, as early as possible, before work. Then walking part way home, and finally just a short walk a couple of hours after the evening meal with the aim of keeping FBGs nicely on target. As well as keeping up with my walking targets!

Total steps for the year is currently outrageously over-achieving - the Continuous Walking, Brisk Pace (CWBP) for at least 10 minutes at a time is ticking over nicely and I want to try to keep it that way. Experience is reminding me that all balances out over the summer when I'm off Main Paid Work and the CWBP targets gets ahead of itself by quite a lot usually, nicely in time for hibernation mode....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good start with 20min static cycling ( moderate intensity)
30min dog walk
Vigorous housework.
Walked into town later this afternoon so total 13-14,00 steps.
Better than last few days, need to keep it up.

Reactions: Goonergal

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DJC3 you have a nice variety there - it’s looking good. I did 19,400 yesterday - forgot to update. Hup 2,3,4 lets go.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a little good bye swim with the young un yesterday as she was going on holiday with her mother & grandparents so missed shoulders in the gym running late, but today have swum (according to my swim watch gadget)
Distance 1,425m Time 36:25 Avg Pace 2:26 min/100m Avg Strokes 15/length, which I'm pleased about then went and did yesterdays gym with lighter weights.

I came out of the pool with the libre arrow pointing down on 6 and over corrected as I spiked up to 9.9, but we're alright now :p

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing much today really. Lawn mowing and hedge trimming, hoeing and dog walking ending up around 16.5K steps. I need to start doing a little more over the next few weeks. We will be away from Weds to Fri next week helping no 2 son and his wife who have just moved into their first home.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@flexi06 your step count is phenomenal.
Glad you are ok now @kev-w it must be hard enough anticipating food effects without bringing exercise into the equation.
@ianpspurs gardening is great exercise. Will you be doing the heavy lifting parts of the house move?

Today I started with 20mins on the static cycle again.
Bit of a dog walk but the common is shrouded in a mist of midges at the moment which makes it a fairly unpleasant experience.

Couple of hours gardening this afternoon - felt exhausted afterwards so hope it did me good.

Only around 10k steps but going up and downstairs in the ad breaks of Midsomer Murders so that should help too.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Managed to clock up just over 24,000 steps today - brisk walk to catch train to Kew, wandering about the Gardens and then trekking all over London. Watched my team mates in the walking football tournament at the Arsenal hub (shin examination still pending) and then got an unexpected free tour of the Emirates.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Managed to clock up just over 24,000 steps today - brisk walk to catch train to Kew, wandering about the Gardens and then trekking all over London. Watched my team mates in the walking football tournament at the Arsenal hub (shin examination still pending) and then got an unexpected free tour of the Emirates.
That's a good step count there young lady - shins ok?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Constantly picking up and cooking on my maximum painkillers today. Watched Peter Pan with kids then a shower.
I know not much to most people but alot for me.
I'm exhausted after a shower, even with new gadgets.
Still experiencing alot of fatigue, even on waking up.
Onwards and upwards.
Walking planned tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning lovelies- forgot again last night but in my defence it was an awfully tired day and I only managed 15,500 after laying around for 5 HOURS ( then suddenly springing up after asking myself “do you want high or low numbers?” ( I sulkily answered like a teenager-“ god, low I s’pose”) , which segways me to you @ickihun, we all start somewhere and if ur on Max painkillers it can be very difficult (I constantly worry I am making my painful knees worse while trying to make my diabetes better ) but being busy with kids is good exercise- the fatigue tho’ oh the fatigue is a killer. @ianpspurs- how lush , you get the chance to wield some tools. I love tools and power tools and fixing and making stuff- I don’t do nearly enough of it. Hope their move goes ok. @Goonergal, glad the shins are holding up- don’t overdo it. @DJC3 ooohh a little reminder- I must try to incorporate that little tip into my evening flake out- it will be a nice little addition to go up and down in the ad breaks. C u all later.