Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Ian I am. Not sure it’s intense enough for long term but as I lose weight- if my knees hold out that long lol♀️- then I will try to do more. But yes during the day I am finally in 5’s and 6’s and even starting to get the odd 4 ( I heard angels singing lol) I have high hopes for my hba1c

Flexi you’re doing brilliantly! Well done. I’m so glad the walking is having an effect on your bgs.

I’ve had a day of highs and lows. High fbg but dropped into the 5s after going back to sleep - didn’t know sleep worked as well as exercise at bringing it down!

Went out for lunch and had quite a high spike afterwards but 20mins hardish cycling bought it back down to 5.1.

Moderate amout of dog walking otherwise - around 10-11,000 steps and I am making myself go up and down stairs a few times when the ad breaks come on tv

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi DJC3 - great little stair walks in the ads- I have a Fitbit and it makes me get up for 250 steps every hour. What a lush thing to hear about sleep- hmmm an excuse up my sleeve for a little nap as I spend all my time constantly exhausted that sounds very tempting lol . One day I will get my Hrt sorted and feel normal again. It’s sounds like ur doing very well urself sweetie.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Resting today. Left shin really playing up. Walking other than to and from work/appointments is off until after my hospital appointment a week on Tuesday.

Pilates and gym will have to suffice.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
40 minutes in the pool this aft with my young un and about 30 lengths swum, only 2 weight sessions last week due to my back, but its getting better but it couldn't swim fly today, didn't bother my young un who gleefully flew by a Kev, splashing more than he was swimming, in one of those races I'm obliged to lose anyway or we sulk :p

Roll on tomorrow and the start of the new week.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I reached a milestone that 3 years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of trying. Managed 11000 steps in one go and for me the time taken was fine - 104 minutes. I reckon the speed was at the 100 steps per minute pace bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7950003.stm. Pleased with that :) Ended up with 21400 steps and woke to an fbg into the 5s for the first time in a fortnight. Displeased is an understatement.

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Today I reached a milestone that 3 years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of trying. Managed 11000 steps in one go and for me the time taken was fine - 104 minutes. I reckon the speed was at the 100 steps per minute pace bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7950003.stm. Pleased with that :)
Keep up the good work Ian. You are well motivated and it is reflecting in your numbers. It is cyclical and infectious (in a good way) watching others improve. I am looking forward to the fasting next Sunday and my heavy weights regime.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
last week was 4x heavy training consisting of, Bench press, form work and set up so relatively light 5x8, squats very light as just starting to do this exercise again due to restricted shoulder mobility and pain. Deadlifts 5x3, not a very good session at all that day, and assistance work for the powerlifting movements, which consists of, shoulders, triceps and core strength movements that help with stabilisation during the primary movements. All in all a good weeks training except for the deadlift (which felt glued to the floor).

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep up the good work Ian. You are well motivated and it is reflecting in your numbers. It is cyclical and infectious (in a good way) watching others improve. I am looking forward to the fasting next Sunday and my heavy weights regime.
Thanks @Mbaker. I have really gained benefit and inspiration from our virtual conversations and challenging myself - pushing the boundaries if you will. I hope to join the fast again and I hope your weights regime goes well. Am I right that an injury has kept you away from that for a while? @johnpol the main takeaway I get from your post is the determination to have "agency" and control in this journey. The actual weights and reps will increase over time but the recurring theme here is inch by inch, marginal gains. To make those gains you need motivation and you have it so bravo :woot:

Reactions: johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Mbaker. I have really gained benefit and inspiration from our virtual conversations and challenging myself - pushing the boundaries if you will. I hope to join the fast again and I hope your weights regime goes well. Am I right that an injury has kept you away from that for a while? @johnpol the main takeaway I get from your post is the determination to have "agency" and control in this journey. The actual weights and reps will increase over time but the recurring theme here is inch by inch, marginal gains. To make those gains you need motivation and you have it so bravo :woot:
Thank you, I don't seem to lack determination, hang over from my strongman days of oh go on I'll give it a go!!!

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chest session & a 20 minute swim for me tonight, normally if doing both I'd swim first but tonight I trained first, bench pressing 60kg x 12 to bodyweight (80kg) x6 in 5kg increases then 85kg x3 for my heaviest, some machine presses and 4 set of dumb bell flys then 4 sets of pull overs with a 40kg bell, then with a dropping sugar I carb loaded with glucose tabs and had the swim as a warm down.

Tired now mind :)

Reactions: Goonergal

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoops I forgot to update last night 20,230 steps yesterday- danced and stepped indoors a few times too

Reactions: DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench last night, again working on my set up and technique so only 100kg 5x3 to bed in all the work on my form. Then finish off with incline press 5x8, dumbbell flies 5x8 then finish with barbell curls 3x15 and dumbbell curls 3x15. Happy with it, just need to get my technique right and then start to add some weight when it all feels comfortable.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Checking in but still on active rest as I rue over enthusiastic activity over the bank holiday. Shins well and truly knackered. Missed last night’s Pilates due to feeling unwell. Replacement session in the diary for tomorrow.

At 10,424 steps for the day with a 20 minute round trip to collect a parcel to come.

Reactions: flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14,700 didn’t seem to get as many in today- a little busy prepping food for the next 4 days back at work but still ok. Not bad @Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lot going on today. Swimming lessons for inadequate wrinklies this morning. Walking around the garden with 20 litre knapsack spraying this afternoon. Overall 10k steps but not a great day for exercise.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back session today, well, half of one as all of a sudden I felt very weak, I'd managed the 90kg stack on wide grip pull downs and worked up to the 40kg bells for kneeling one arm rows, managed a couple of sets of 60kg deadlifts and found myself a little confused getting a spring clip off :banghead: 3.4 on the Libre :banghead: so it said, so I wobbled back to the changing room with that look on my face :***:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last nights deadlift session was definitely one to forget. after last weeks nightmare of a horrible 180kg 5x3, I thought I would drop the weight down a little and do 140kg 5x5, wrong!! felt like it was glued to the floor, and my form was absolutely terrible. I don't think I am capable of pulling the skin off a rice pudding, let alone pull 200kg off the floor!!!! But it's never easy sometimes, so back to basics and reset, and push on. Its what can make or break you and make you despondent. Not me I worked myself into the ground to nearly qualify for Britain's Strongest Man, to then have to retire due to injury. And after having a small stroke, make it back onto the platform. So I see this set back as a mere blip. Makes me stronger mentally. I apologise for the rant, I think I needed it.
Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No exercise today as feeling under the weather will have managed to saunter for about 7k steps by bedtime. Hope everyone else has good days.