Replacement Knee

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just had a set back, Doc been and he has diagnosed the red heated patch above my ankle a cellulitis..., I did start the antibiotics Friday afternoon so hopefully they have started to work other wise it will mean hospital.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Did you contract the infection in hospital?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Sorry to hear that Hazel,hope it improves soon.
My son had it last year we had to take him to A and E Easter Sunday,I was caused by a new shoe rubbing on his ankle,he was given antibiotics,and it cleared in a few days.
Keep going with the knee ,hope you are having better nights x

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Did you contract the infection in hospital?
Not sure Lynne, I think it was ehen meds were changed but could be wrong. Last night was the worst so far!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get well @HazelD

Must be bad ... have a great neighbour who would be in REAL trouble without my good wife training with her every single day. Takes work ...... take care

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not sure Lynne, I think it was ehen meds were changed but could be wrong. Last night was the worst so far!
Yes, the nights can be dreadful. Endless.

How are you feeling today?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Sorry you had a bad night Hazel,hope it settles quick.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Lynne, wish I could say 'on top form' but can't,
Know the feeling all too well. Unless you've had this op it's impossible to explain how difficult it can be. Tried telling the pre-op nurse last week and she looked at me like I was nuts!

Hopefully, by the time I surface again in a few days, you'll be feeling much better.

We can buoy each other up over the coming weeks.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Know the feeling all too well. Unless you've had this op it's impossible to explain how difficult it can be. Tried telling the pre-op nurse last week and she looked at me like I was nuts!

Hopefully, by the time I surface again in a few days, you'll be feeling much better.

We can buoy each other up over the coming weeks.
Had op at 11am and, so far so good. Know from experience I have a loooong road ahead though.

How's you?

Reactions: 3 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Glad the opp is over Lynn.
All the best,its a bit of a long road as you say,but its worth it x

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Great your opp is over , just have to get better and you'll feel like a new women .
I've still a few months to wait :)

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Great your opp is over , just have to get better and you'll feel like a new women .
I've still a few months to wait :)
Just hope my husband of 41 years doesn't feel like a new woman in a few days when I've got the almighty grumps!

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Just hope my husband of 41 years doesn't feel like a new woman in a few days when I've got the almighty grumps!
I've got my husband 36 years who else would have him lol.
Still I had my left knee done two years ago and he was great so hopefully this right knee won't be to long and we can get out for walks in better weather.

Just take it easy and let him pamper you, I hope you get a good nights sleep . Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Hazel , how are you today?
Hello Ladies, Lynn, I hope you are feeling good, just had my clips out by a trainee nurse, she did very well. Last three stung a bit but leg feels so much better without them pulling...wound nice and clean, had a dressing on for just today, got to let the air get to it from tomorrow.
Leg also a bit better, not as red, starting the strong antibiotics in the morning. Did the walking across the room again only to find the crutches still in the back kitchen!
Hubby hung the washing out this morning, we have a dryer but...he was all fingers and thumbs. I gave him two items a time with the pegs pegged to his sweater...his comments..hope the neightbours don't see him! If anyone has fool proof advice re sleeping well ( keep it clean) I would appreciate it. Saw every hour again last night, I think nights are the worst part of this procedure.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Hazel, lovely to hear from you. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery :) ps Hubby may need a little more training lol ;)

Good luck and all the best

RRB :)

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello Ladies, Lynn, I hope you are feeling good, just had my clips out by a trainee nurse, she did very well. Last three stung a bit but leg feels so much better without them pulling...wound nice and clean, had a dressing on for just today, got to let the air get to it from tomorrow.
Leg also a bit better, not as red, starting the strong antibiotics in the morning. Did the walking across the room again only to find the crutches still in the back kitchen!
Hubby hung the washing out this morning, we have a dryer but...he was all fingers and thumbs. I gave him two items a time with the pegs pegged to his sweater...his comments..hope the neightbours don't see him! If anyone has fool proof advice re sleeping well ( keep it clean) I would appreciate it. Saw every hour again last night, I think nights are the worst part of this procedure.

Hi Hazel,

Last night was endless. Was in the High Dependency Unit for 24 hours and was disturbed virtually every hour for obs. etc.

Back in my room and have just had my first visit from a physio. Pain has well and truly kicked in. And she's coming back this afternoon. Mustn't complain. Know how vital the exercises are.

This afternoon I am having the drain removed, plus the catheter (once the physio has got me mobile). All good fun.

No ideas for a good night's sleep, I'm afraid. From experience, that only comes with time.

Only in for three nights this time round and looking forward to a visit from hubs again later and my daughter this evening - pain permitting!

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hi Hazel,

Last night was endless. Was in the High Dependency Unit for 24 hours and was disturbed virtually every hour for obs. etc.

Back in my room and have just had my first visit from a physio. Pain has well and truly kicked in. And she's coming back this afternoon. Mustn't complain. Know how vital the exercises are.

This afternoon I am having the drain removed, plus the catheter (once the physio has got me mobile). All good fun.

No ideas for a good night's sleep, I'm afraid. From experience, that only comes with time.

Only in for three nights this time round and looking forward to a visit from hubs again later and my daughter this evening - pain permitting!
Hello Lynn.
The fun starts when you get out of bed,glad all is well.
All best wishes x

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Hazel.
All sounds a lot better,Im so glad.
Men cant hang washing out,I remember laughing at my clothes line.Mine can cook but leaves a mess,just have to grin and bare it for a while.

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Glad your all getting through this , I have it all in front of me.
Keep up the good work.