Returned after failed attempts to find account.

oak

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
being told what to do without the full picture
Hi

Originally on this forum some years back, unfortuneately forgot my password, could not regain it as email account had been hacked and deleted.
Visited on and of but did not re-register, But thought I would have another go now.

Do Not Like being referred to as a 'lurker' toooooo many negative conotations for me, sort of links with 'stalker' in my vocabulary. So feeling a bit put of.

Diagnosed 2007 Type 2.
Metformin not tollerated well
Put on Byetta in 2008 and mainly been ok until 2013 when SIBO symptoms became untollerable, extensive tests 2014

Many co-mornidities but will post more in appropriate forum.
On a moderate/low carb diet, about 120g digestable carbs a day

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome back to the forum. A few have commented on 'lurker' as well :wideyed:

Best wishes RRB :)

Reactions: 3 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
I don't blame you , Lurker is not a nice description at all, but welcome back :)

Reactions: 2 people

oak

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
being told what to do without the full picture
Didn't want to be a killjoy so relieved others have commented on the title.
Thanks for your input

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi and welcome back
I hope if we have changed its for the better
Keep well stay safe JJ

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back, you appear to be a less offensive but rather weirdly named Rookie now... I'm glad it didn't put you off completely, but I wonder how many others might have been?

"Lurker" has been a very new addition to the forum members status hierarchy and is not at all popular because of its unpleasant and sinister implications. @Giverny: While I'm aware of its (long term) internet specific meaning, I really don't see why such useless and tactless changes to the forum need to be made - this one is quite offensive to UK members in particular and IMO waste of time and effort, and has certainly upset a number of other people too.

Robbity

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome back.

Maybe casual observer would be preferable?

Either way glad you found us again

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't blame you , Lurker is not a nice description at all, but welcome back :)
f983271539.png

Just for the record, this is the definition we went by for Lurker, but if people find it offensive we'll change it. 'Rookie' has also been changed to 'Newbie'

N

NicolaB70

f983271539.png

Just for the record, this is the definition we went by for Lurker, but if people find it offensive we'll change it. 'Rookie' has also been changed to 'Newbie'
Please can you inform us to why ' legend' has been changed to regular as well please? Thank you

Reactions: 3 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Please can you inform us to why ' legend' has been changed to regular as well please? Thank you
Hi Nicola - we've changed the post boundaries for these (they were based on number of trophies previously) as users begin to amass more and more posts, and they are now as follows:
d461d08273.png

this isn't final and we'll be adding/editing a couple more soon. Please PM any suggestions/feedback on this to me rather than comment about them on this thread.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
I'm regular - can someone please arrange to tell my metformin ravaged bowels that please ;)