Sad

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
I'm sad because I can't bring my numbers down.
But they always want the numbers.
When I have no power to change them and they never help why do they need to know? They don't help anyway. They meaning whatever medical person I'm lucky enough to be able to see or talk to.
Very sad seeing my numbers.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I'm sad because I can't bring my numbers down.
But they always want the numbers.
When I have no power to change them and they never help why do they need to know? They don't help anyway. They meaning whatever medical person I'm lucky enough to be able to see or talk to.
Very sad seeing my numbers.
@cdpm Are 'they' the diabetic team/nurse? If so then far too many give us the wrong information. If I'd listened to mine then I would also have high numbers! What are they asking you to have in your diet because it is perhaps their wrong info that's not helping? xx

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@cdpm Are 'they' the diabetic team/nurse? If so then far too many give us the wrong information. If I'd listened to mine then I would also have high numbers! What are they asking you to have in your diet because it is perhaps their wrong info that's not helping? xx
Ice cream and flavored sugary instant oatmeal
Because I'm endentulous.
But I don't eat it.
idk why it's so high. I've cut out so many foods I have hardly any choices left

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Now you use the Libre, perhaps they'll take a look at your numbers and graphs, and help you adjust your insulin doses now they have this information.
I won't be sharing it with them. They criticize my numbers too much. And I feel it's too stressful saying every bite I ate and when and why.

Reactions: White dove

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Now you use the Libre, perhaps they'll take a look at your numbers and graphs, and help you adjust your insulin doses now they have this information.
I stopped going to the appointments and I told them why but they continued being unsupportive.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Ice cream and flavored sugary instant oatmeal
Because I'm endentulous.
But I don't eat it.
idk why it's so high. I've cut out so many foods I have hardly any choices left
Awww @cdpm I wish I could help but I know nothing about insulin dependent type 2's. I hope there are some on here who can advise x

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Soon going to be saying f it. Eat once a day and say screw off.
No diabetes meds side effects no tracking every freaking crumb I eat or drink and so on. And live my life. I'm not getting any life this way under constant pressure and scrutiny. I'm too tired.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I want to do better. I want to be able to eat vegetables and some sort of protein as a healthier diet plus it's low carb.
Losing all my teeth has been the worst thing to happen to me in terms of eating.
And I know there are much worse things that can happen to a person . I may even have had one depending on what you may say is worse. But the teeth gone is mine.
But I just can't face pureed foods. I'm not a baby. Just because I already need adult diapers due to kidney issues does not mean I need baby food too.
And no one understands.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Soups and stews? Those aren't baby foods in any way.
My family is trying to get me to expand my foods which will require purred foods. Unless I eat things like pudding or applesauce or other high carb ****.
Because all I eat is soups and nutritional drinks .

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well actually sometimes cottage cheese if it's on sale.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I want to do better. I want to be able to eat vegetables and some sort of protein as a healthier diet plus it's low carb.
Losing all my teeth has been the worst thing to happen to me in terms of eating.
And I know there are much worse things that can happen to a person . I may even have had one depending on what you may say is worse. But the teeth gone is mine.
But I just can't face pureed foods. I'm not a baby. Just because I already need adult diapers due to kidney issues does not mean I need baby food too.
And no one understands.
My teeth are like the stars - they come out at night. Any chance you could get to a dentist on NHS and get falsies? I have been plastic fantastic for nearly 20 years now, and still using the same dentures. I can eat pork crackling with mine The only things I have difficulty with are kiwi fruit and figs because of the small pips that can be excruciating when they get under the plate.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My teeth are like the stars - they come out at night. Any chance you could get to a dentist on NHS and get falsies? I have been plastic fantastic for nearly 20 years now, and still using the same dentures. I can eat pork crackling with mine The only things I have difficulty with are kiwi fruit and figs because of the small pips that can be excruciating when they get under the plate.
The best I could find for help with this was 1/3 the cost and that was for the cheapest place I found. So it would be less than 1/3 at the other places. That they would help with . I can't come up with the rest.
There were a few places that would accept you to make payments as you can until the amount is in full then you get your dentures. But I'd be long gone before enough was paid.
(I'm in canada)

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71 and EllieM

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When my wife developed Parkinsons, we had to feed her pureed food. I invested in a Ninja soup Maker and that helped = it can make stews, smoothies, soups with differing textures. and its simple to use- chuck the peeled or frozen veg in add the meat if needed, add stock cubes and herbs, then set the timer and it does all the cooking and shredding without any further intervention, and then keeps the food warm if you need to delay serving it. we made batches to go in the freezer so we could vary her diet. Does cold smoothies and puddings too.

Edit to add: maybe the sort of thing to look out for in a car boot / garage sale?

Last edited:

Lakeslover

I make my own soups too. I have the ninja but a simple cheap hand blender will work. As well as vegetable soup (ie throw in whatever I have including things like cauliflower leaves), I have made broccoli and cheese, spiced veg, chicken (which purées down toa smooth soup). I usually add a bit of cream as well which would help you with calorie intake. I also make a batch and freeze it for quick meals later.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And another reason I don't believe I can puree foods is because when I do that it opens up the option of vegetables.
So tell me this- how can a person survive on a few dollars of vegetables a day? Pureed crushed mashed boiled baked or otherwise??
Calorically speaking - No one.
So I don't even go there.
Meat is out, milk is out, ice cream is out, yogurt is out, legumes is out, fruit is out, grain is out.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A few foods I ate recently while waiting for a front tooth to be fixed - lots of eggs, scrambled or hard-boiled and mashed with butter, cheese melted over soft veg, chicken soup, greek yogurt with a few mashed raspberries, peanut butter, low carb custard made with eggs and a little sweetener (old-fashioned custard), or soft-cooked cauliflower with cheese.
I also make low carb cake using keto recipes based on ground almonds.

I understand why you are reluctant to see your diabetic team, but it concerns me if you aren't getting your medication checked.

Reactions: EllieM and cdpm

Lakeslover

If you add cream to soup it adds calories, likewise cheese. Can you eat custard? The proper sort made with eggs? Maybe with jelly for flavour. Chicken soup with cream is smooth and nutritious.

Reactions: cdpm