*** SERIOUSLY

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
Just like to add everyone that applies for PIP has to go for a health assessment

Yeah, I know it was just that the timing coiuld have been from my point of view and I know they had no way of knowing what was going on.

S

Shar67

I know what you mean about bad timing, 14 years ago the buyer of my house pulled out of the deal but the estate agent didn't want to tell us because it was Christmas, he phoned to tell us on the 3rd of January the day my mum died, I asked him if he thought I took the news badly. I dropped them as agents and sold my house the following week myself

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
You're a star forget what she said. They seem to be amazed when someone takes control of their own health and doesn't follow the NHS mantra. You know you have done so well that they can't believe what the tests tell them and the fact that you are on here means that you are probably so much better informed than the nurse that they feel threatened. My personal view is F**k 'em I have taken control and will do all I can. I'll just use them to monitor my achievements and prove them wrong at every point.
Keep up the great work. Don't let them grind you down.

absolutely!

Reactions: 2 people

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think we should feel so angry that large parts of the medical profession don't support the LCHF philosophy, it's far more positive as mentioned to attempt to educate. We don't know more than them, it's just we think differently than many of them at the moment. One group will eventually become the dominant belief, it's just not LCHF at the moment. don't waste energy on belittling their view point as at present they do have the academic supporting evidence and we don't .At the moment, but things are a changing.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Okay so in the thread here I posted about how I managed to get my HBa1c down from 10.6 to 6.9 in three months. i've just got back from seeing the diabetes nurse who basically spent the last 5 minutes of the appointment all but making me stand and face the corner If I wanted to be treated like a littler kid I could back in time not go and see a nurse who yes thinks its great that my figures have come down and thinks its great that I've lost two stone in three months until she finds out how I've lost it and all of a sudden its not healthy I should see a doctor I should be taking my metformin and blah blah blah blah. if it was healthy for me to lose the weight, no matter how I lose it then its still healthy and no, I've not been that extreme I've just been following a LCHF diet fair enough I've only been eating once a day but I've always only eaten once a day so wheres the harm in that.

But no all of a sudden I'm staving, myself I need to increase my carbs as foods containing carbs also contain other necessary vitamins etc etc.

I'm beyond fuming right now I want from a high for the 1st time in months (I suffer severe depression) to wanting to seriously do someone some serious harm with a wood chipper and a can of WD40.

I've also just recieved a letter about my P.I.P I've got to see a health consultant this day just keeps getting better and better..... <thats a lame attempt at sarcam

I get this. I had a renal doctor tell me I was testing too much after I showed him how I had identified patterns that had allowed me to take much more control of my levels and reduce BS really well. He also wasn't happy I had decided to come off my Gliclazide as it wasn't doing anything, despite being doubled. My following HbA1c results demonstrated my progress, as did the recorded food intake and readings I had organized (but he didn't want to look at them at all). I was a teeny wee bit p@@sed off. I should say that other doctors on the team since have been much more positive, and are pleased I am so focused. I decided to go back on my Gliclazide once my diet was under control, and find it is now helping a bit. I guess we have to inform ourselves and keep our doctors in the picture, while counting to ten quite often. One big question for you, though...why the WD40?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah I brought the SD Codefree and its data cable so I'm using the GlucoNavii DMS software for that monitor which was really helpful but I'm starting to think that the ENTIRE way that the NHS is looking diabetes is wrong but I'm one person so there's nothing unfortunately that I can do about it
By posting here, you will have already discovered that you are not alone in this. But you are right, things will only change when each of us stands up and takes control of our situations. One thing you will also find is that each of us has a different journey, and diabetes is an individual's disease. While the changes in NHS treatment are slow to happen, they are becoming more open to listening to us and a dialogue is, I think. beginning. The updated NICE guidelines 2015 specify that the voice and wishes of the patient must be taken into consideration. this was never there before, so it begins. Join in the dialogue, and you can change things in your life.

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
One big question for you, though...why the WD40?
Its a wood chipper at some point a piece of bone, skull fragment, clothing will get caught and the WD40 will help get the blades moving again :)

Reactions: 6 people

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sit at a computer a type in to your search engine, a question about whether high fat diet is bad for you, you will soon find out why we ate all confused at at odds with each other. I have often wondered if the silver billet was LCHF that led to my weight loss and lower Hba1c or was it loosing weight. Cutting carbs and eating more fat from a previously low fat diet really equalled eating less food bit snaking and picking on rubbish, eating less processed food. We can all choose what to put into our bodies and that goes for medication. Some medication may be harmful to just cease. I think talking to your HCP and having more frequent dialogue with them may reduce the tension experienced.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think we should feel so angry that large parts of the medical profession don't support the LCHF philosophy, it's far more positive as mentioned to attempt to educate. We don't know more than them, it's just we think differently than many of them at the moment. One group will eventually become the dominant belief, it's just not LCHF at the moment. don't waste energy on belittling their view point as at present they do have the academic supporting evidence and we don't .At the moment, but things are a changing.
Hi. The problem is that a lot of that academic evidence on diet is not scientifically based if you dig into it and to some extent affected by industry lobby groups and those who fund university research

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. The problem is that a lot of that academic evidence on diet is not scientifically based if you dig into it and to some extent affected by industry lobby groups and those who fund university research

I agree it may have failings, but it is still a body of evidence that appears supported academically by a variety of eminent bodies and academics. We need balanced studies, but the differing points of view put forward is so confusing for us all, at the end of the day does it leave is only with bias research and anecdotal evidence and an emerging interest to challenge.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I'm starting to think that the ENTIRE way that the NHS is looking diabetes is wrong but I'm one person so there's nothing unfortunately that I can do about it

It is wrong, but you are not alone. We are many! Even GPs are getting on board with this approach. I think so many diabetics don't do anything about their condition so that when HCP's are presented with someone who is actively managing and thinking about it it is a shock (whatever they are doing) when, like so many here, you have chucked their guidebook out of the window that completely freaks them out.

Keep on doing what you are doing; ignore people like your nurse. She is probably well intentioned but is completely wrong about the dietary stuff (in my humble but correct opinion :))

Best

Dillinger

Reactions: 9 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just like to add everyone that applies for PIP has to go for a health assessment

Incorrect. I have been awarded PIP today without going for any health assessment.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The only thing I worry about on a 500 cal eating regime is nutritional balance.

Please don't get me wrong I eat jut one meal a day and majority of it being salmon or egg salads with heaps of crisp n crunch salad srltuff etc.

I mention vitamins and minerals because of say the omega oils that aren't in multi vits etc.

Although I have small food amounts I do try to balance my overall
Vitamins and minerals.... (I am desperate to keep weight on-so I do also ensure I have lashings of virgin oil etc, avocado etc...) picture just shows some of my daily meds and the vit tablets/oils etc I take. It hasn't staved off ill health and problems or cancer but I do think its important just to check that you are getting full vitamins. I don't think a multivitamin may be enough... But that is just my opinion.

I know what you mean about the "sick n ill" aspect... It is tough but you have shown great strength in the steps you have talen so far.. You can build on this. There's going to be knockdowns along the way but let them make you stronger.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1450984129.410895.jpg

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Its a wood chipper at some point a piece of bone, skull fragment, clothing will get caught and the WD40 will help get the blades moving again :)

I see. Great. I would never question the wonderful thing that is WD40..I just hadn't appreciated your anticipation of freedom post slaughter/torture.. and the certainty you would be using it again. Perhaps you were simply being practical. Good to see that practicality was't overwhelmed by rage.Love it, mate.

Reactions: 4 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friend of mine rubs WD 40 on his knees he says it helps his arthritis !
CAROL

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

ROFLMAO