Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Heavy rain all day. Walked around shops, as lanes were like rivers. Avoided buying stuff I don't need. Spent a few hours moving furniture about and cleaning places that often get missed. Found Christmas tree decoration under sofa. Oh well, that's spring cleaning done. Shame it is in holiday cottage, not my own.

Sounds like my day lol

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long drive home today. Does packing the car, then unpacking and doing tons of laundry count as activity?
Tired but happy.

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Wow a mate invited me for a bike ride this morning. I haven't rode a bike for over 30 years. He kitted me out including the bike and off we went for a 10 mile ride, with a coffee stop in the middle. Well after adjusting to the gears (they are really good) and crashing into a metal fence (and a trip over the handle bars) but with minimal damage done I quite enjoyed it (there were a few pedestrians who were probably not that impressed as they dived off the path).

Four hours later and the top half of my legs are already swearing at me. But my dodgy knee came thru with flying colours. I'm already signed up for a repeat next week(but probably won't be able to walk tomorrow)

Reactions: 4 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two decent walks yesterday and managed 13,615 steps altogether. be heading out again soon though it is rather misty in Bronteland this morning.

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous days after the sun burned the mist off and had a good walk - just over 6 miles in 2 hours with plenty of uphill and according to my pedometer I did 12,981 steps and burnt 1,066 calories. Off for another one now, though not as long.

Reactions: 8 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And back home again ... another three miles (mostly downhill this time) and another 523 calories burnt.

Two/three months ago I simply wouldn't have had the energy to do that but feel like I could do a few more miles yet.

Not going to though - slippers on and feet up for the rest of the day :happy:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Long drive home today. Does packing the car, then unpacking and doing tons of laundry count as activity?
Tired but happy.

Sounds like weight training to me lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Wow a mate invited me for a bike ride this morning. I haven't rode a bike for over 30 years. He kitted me out including the bike and off we went for a 10 mile ride, with a coffee stop in the middle. Well after adjusting to the gears (they are really good) and crashing into a metal fence (and a trip over the handle bars) but with minimal damage done I quite enjoyed it (there were a few pedestrians who were probably not that impressed as they dived off the path).

Four hours later and the top half of my legs are already swearing at me. But my dodgy knee came thru with flying colours. I'm already signed up for a repeat next week(but probably won't be able to walk tomorrow)

That sounds great. My husband is after I bike , I hide when he suggests it lol

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
@muzza3 , I walked a mile and a half up a hill then ran/walked back down ....buzzing now .

Reactions: 13 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
We are all getting fitter again by the looks of us , well done us

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are all getting fitter again by the looks of us , well done us
I wish. Too sore today to do much, but have folded all the laundry, and resorted to chair based exercises to try to get my legs working again.
2 steps forward and one back for me at the moment.

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks for sharing about your day, Muzza3. I enjoyed reading it. The trip over the handle bars made me laugh, it reminded me of a similar experience I had while biking with a friend in Manitoba, years ago. Luckily I landed in a ditch full of alfalfa so I had a soft landing. Hope your landing wasn't too bad? Lol!

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bouncing back, slowly, today.
Up and down stairs a lot. I drink a lot of water, and the downstairs facilities are having a makeover.
It doesn't take much to make me happy. Have new vacuum cleaner, and the amount of dust it collects is amazing me. I could become a domestic godess at this rate. Once again we are able to determine the colour of the carpets.
Have taken myself out for two short 10 minute walks so far, and it is only just lunchtime. I figured that if long walks are not possible (which for me frequently aren't) then break it up into manageable chunks. Where there's a will there's a way.

Reactions: 9 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
That's the game @Pipp . Little and often .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1459793875.810311.jpg

Mostly up hill

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I took some old ( but still fine) curtains to a guy who needed them , that's why one of the splits was longer

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
All makes my walking to the shop and back this morning a little sick non the less it was a pretty big deal for me as some thing I had been unable to do for quite a while now, well they do say every journey starts with one step.

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
All makes my walking to the shop and back this morning a little sick non the less it was a pretty big deal for me as some thing I had been unable to do for quite a while now, well they do say every journey starts with one step.

Hi JohnEGreen , well done , little and often and you will get there .
Most of us on here started from little and have built it up over the time we have been doing it .
Please remember to listen to your body , do what you can when you can .Rest when your body tells you to.

We aren't here as a competition , we are here to support each other and stop each other giving up .