JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Jamrox , @mo53 Thanks for your kind words of encouragement it's a start and I have been researching ways to try and build up some stamina and strength and then we can all take the journey back to some form of fitness together I hope.

Reactions: 4 people

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Hi guys

I haven't been out today but pleased with my exercise is indoors.........
2 20 minute sessions of zumba, one after breakfast this morning and then one this afternoon before my tea.
A great work out that really got me moving and grooving. I love dancing and music
I have angina so starting small and working up my stamina, hopefully building up to 30 minutes soon and so on ☺

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All makes my walking to the shop and back this morning a little sick non the less it was a pretty big deal for me as some thing I had been unable to do for quite a while now, well they do say every journey starts with one step.
Know what, @JohnEGreen ? It is all relative. I really do know and understand that sense of triumph and achievement when something that seemed once to be such a minor task, is now a major one, but you did it. A year ago I would never have imagined being able to be as free to roam as I once was. I doubt I will be taking up fell running again, but content to be out and about putting one foot in front of the other without falling over.
So go us, eh? Well done.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys

I haven't been out today but pleased with my exercise is indoors.........
2 20 minute sessions of zumba, one after breakfast this morning and then one this afternoon before my tea.
A great work out that really got me moving and grooving. I love dancing and music
I have angina so starting small and working up my stamina, hopefully building up to 30 minutes soon and so on ☺
Sounds good to me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An hour at aquafit, 10 mins swim. Then a wander round the shops..
The nagging fitness tracker is showing over 7000 steps today, but still that red line is showing which means 'get up off your lazy backside and move'. I am ignoring it as I have the added activity of stair climbing due to downstairs bathroom being out of action.

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
My son doesn't go back to college until next week so I went for a walk round town to escape the Playstation! Total walking time: 45 minutes, damage to my bank balance: considerable!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My son doesn't go back to college until next week so I went for a walk round town to escape the Playstation! Total walking time: 45 minutes, damage to my bank balance: considerable!

Oh wow, I remember the days of son and chums cluttering up the house. I used to clear off out of the way and walk miles in those days too. Sons do get easier. Usually when they are in their 30s and leave home. ;)

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Away to the pool again, and an hour aquafit session. Joints all moving in the right direction, so added 15 mins swim. Was going to have a short 15 min walk but the howling wind blew me off my feet. Will use excess energy to climb stairs a few times and do some decluttering of wardrobe.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Torn rotor cuff is limiting exercises, apart from rehab stretching, so it is lunchtime and post dinner walks, which are both great in their different ways, one in the light and one in the gloaming and once a week swim with son... swim is tops for us.:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. 55 minutes swimming today and 40 lengths. It got too busy to finish the hour. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Torn rotor cuff is limiting exercises, apart from rehab stretching, so it is lunchtime and post dinner walks, which are both great in their different ways, one in the light and one in the gloaming and once a week swim with son... swim is tops for us.:)

Hope you feel better soon

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi everyone , if you check out the following threads it might give you some ideas .
They are old challenges:
New you in 42
Here comes the summer let's stay active
Step up for Santa.

Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Oh wow, I remember the days of son and chums cluttering up the house. I used to clear off out of the way and walk miles in those days too. Sons do get easier. Usually when they are in their 30s and leave home. ;)
Lol it doesn't look like he is going to leave home, he's autistic and struggles with independence. He's in his last year at college so I'm trying to find an apprenticeship for him

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Hope you've had a good day. 40 lengths in 55 minutes swimming again today. :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol it doesn't look like he is going to leave home, he's autistic and struggles with independence. He's in his last year at college so I'm trying to find an apprenticeship for him
So sorry for making that assumption he would leave home.
Good luck with finding the apprenticeship, and an understanding employer. Does he have any interest in a particular craft?

Sorry if I am too inquisitive. You can ignore my questions if you like.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clothes shopping! Two hours of trudging around shops and trying on clothes. I hate it so much I would rather have teeth drilled. Just as well really, I lost a filling.

Cheered up with a short walk and played chucking toys for the dog, which he kindly allowed me to retrieve. Think he knows what that red line on my activity tracker means.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Just a quick 35 minute walk tonight and a 15 minute one at lunch time. Better than nothing