Still no diagnosis but still a success!

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
So, as many of you will have read I still have no diagnosis of my type of diabetes. I am GAD antibody negative, MODY negative and have a low c peptide. I’m young, slim and lost a lot of weight on diagnosis. I also go extremely high when eating carbs with no insulin.

Therefore, with this background, I am treated as T1 and on a basal/bolus regime along with taking metformin as an insulin sensitiser.

It’s frustrating not having a diagnosis but today I got my new hba1c and it’s now 51!

Given that on diagnosis on 1 November 2018 it was 103, I was very very happy!

This means I have halved my hba1c in 8 months - all whilst doing my LPC (solicitors) exams.

I’m definitely still in the diabetic range, but I would like to consider this is a good achievement and only strives time to get under the 48 next time!

It doesn’t necessarily matter about the type of diabetes - it’s all about the treatment and so if that means insulin, well so be it :).

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well done! The uncertainty hasn’T helped you. So happy to hear of your progress.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done! The uncertainty hasn’T helped you. So happy to hear of your progress.
Thanks!
No exams are definitely stressful and I did have very high levels before going into them! For example on most exams I would go into them at 17/18 - doh!!!

I know most people say onwards and upwards, but here it’s a case of onwards and downs wards !

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Wow! What a winner, well done to you.

Reactions: SB.25

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi @SB.25

so many hurdles you've had to overcome and still going strong.

great result, given where you were, and all the uncertainty.

Inspirational stuff..:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, as many of you will have read I still have no diagnosis of my type of diabetes. I am GAD antibody negative, MODY negative and have a low c peptide. I’m young, slim and lost a lot of weight on diagnosis. I also go extremely high when eating carbs with no insulin.

Therefore, with this background, I am treated as T1 and on a basal/bolus regime along with taking metformin as an insulin sensitiser.

It’s frustrating not having a diagnosis but today I got my new hba1c and it’s now 51!

Given that on diagnosis on 1 November 2018 it was 103, I was very very happy!

This means I have halved my hba1c in 8 months - all whilst doing my LPC (solicitors) exams.

I’m definitely still in the diabetic range, but I would like to consider this is a good achievement and only strives time to get under the 48 next time!

It doesn’t necessarily matter about the type of diabetes - it’s all about the treatment and so if that means insulin, well so be it :).
How frustrating not having a diagnosis. You triumphed through adversity. Halving your hba1c! Well done. Hope your exams went well too.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
How frustrating not having a diagnosis. You triumphed through adversity. Halving your hba1c! Well done. Hope your exams went well too.
Thank you! It would be nice to have a diagnosis, but as it isn’t forthcoming what can I do?

3 weeks until the results so let’s hope they come back good!