1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Still no diagnosis but still a success!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by SB.25, Jun 20, 2019.

1. SB.25

SB.25 Other · Well-Known Member

So, as many of you will have read I still have no diagnosis of my type of diabetes. I am GAD antibody negative, MODY negative and have a low c peptide. I’m young, slim and lost a lot of weight on diagnosis. I also go extremely high when eating carbs with no insulin.

Therefore, with this background, I am treated as T1 and on a basal/bolus regime along with taking metformin as an insulin sensitiser.

It’s frustrating not having a diagnosis but today I got my new hba1c and it’s now 51!

Given that on diagnosis on 1 November 2018 it was 103, I was very very happy!

This means I have halved my hba1c in 8 months - all whilst doing my LPC (solicitors) exams.

I’m definitely still in the diabetic range, but I would like to consider this is a good achievement and only strives time to get under the 48 next time!

It doesn’t necessarily matter about the type of diabetes - it’s all about the treatment and so if that means insulin, well so be it :).

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Well done! The uncertainty hasn’T helped you. So happy to hear of your progress.

3. SB.25

Thanks!
    No exams are definitely stressful and I did have very high levels before going into them! For example on most exams I would go into them at 17/18 - doh!!!

I know most people say onwards and upwards, but here it’s a case of onwards and downs wards !

• Like Like x 4
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Wow! What a winner, well done to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

hi @SB.25

so many hurdles you've had to overcome and still going strong.

great result, given where you were, and all the uncertainty.

Inspirational stuff..:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rachox

Rachox Other · Type 2 - well controlled. Moderator.
    Staff Member

Very well done!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

How frustrating not having a diagnosis. You triumphed through adversity. Halving your hba1c! Well done. Hope your exams went well too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SB.25

Thank you! It would be nice to have a diagnosis, but as it isn’t forthcoming what can I do?

3 weeks until the results so let’s hope they come back good!

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook