Subway Menu.

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm not bashing Subway. I've always enjoyed a sub. But yesterday the office ordered in. I had a 6" cold cut with lettuce and tomato. Before the meal i was at 5.1 after the meal i was 10.3. I though it was wrong so I tested on the other hand. It was 9.8. So i guess Subway is off the list. I might try just a salad next time to see how that goes. BTW that was on a 9 grain bun which is suppose to be better.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now you know what bread does to you - not just Subway breads! :eek: Maybe the size of the bun didn't help? When I used to eat normal bread I could generally manage 1 slice of seeded bread, but certainly not 2 slices, so portion control is very important. Good idea to stick to salad next time.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 6' 9 grain sub would have about 38 - 40g of carbohydrate (according to subways website)

A subway salad (with exception of chicken teriyaki) are about 7g carbohydrate.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The salad is likely to be the better option, but if you feel you must have bread, then I'd be inclined to leave the top off and make an open sarnie. Usually Subway provide plenty topping, so that would likely be filling enough?