Surely this can't be right????

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Haha! I am okay I guess thank you having a bit of a rubbish week....but I don't even know why nevermind! Every week is different In regards to bloods but they're not dreadful...so really I should be happy! Hope you're well?

I am well thank you Nicola, I have my moments, but I am doing much better now :)
Take care of yourself and baby :) x

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ooh can I join your club I dislike salad with a vengeance :D

My teenager says, 'what are you having with your salad, so 3/4's salad and then............... something to go with it :) not the other way around, I love salad :hungry:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
My teenager says, 'what are you having with your salad, so 3/4's salad and then............... something to go with it :) not the other way around, I love salad :hungry:
After seeing slugs on Lettice as a child I was and am firmly convinced that all salads have slugs hiding in them somewhere same as seeing maggots crawling out of a strawberry as a teenager, I refuse point blank to eat any of it.

D

Deleted member 83869

After seeing slugs on Lettice as a child I was and am firmly convinced that all salads have slugs hiding in them somewhere same as seeing maggots crawling out of a strawberry as a teenager, I refuse point blank to eat any of it.
I will only go as far eating cucumber lol!!

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

OMG, aaarrrggghhhhh! I see where you are coming from.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

So you would never try snails, cockles, muscles & oyster then...
I love salad with a passion too!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
So you would never try snails, cockles, muscles & oyster then...
I love salad with a passion too!
No I would not the thought of them makes me shudder. :eek:
vomit.gif

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Why am I being made to feel as if I'm lying????

Hi Nicola,

I didn't mean that at all; I'm so sorry if you felt I was picking on you.

I'll just shut up now I think! :)

Congratulations on the baby!

Best

Dillinger

Reactions: 3 people

Jellybaby98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been type 1 for 13 years and i eat utter **** whenever i want and take the right amount of insulin. My bloods have always been fine and my hcb1 has never been above 6 which the doctors have said is excellent. My diabetic clinic have always been shocked at how well control i have considering i eat more sugar things than a non diabetic.

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I think this goes for all people diabetic or not!! WE ARE WHAT WE EAT.

If u choose to eat unhealthy then on your head be it!

In the end everything catches up with you in the end.
I will say we only live once. You should enjoy life. But also take it seriously.

Miriamenily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am a type 1 and in my opinion this is the worst thing she can do! Even after drinking diet cola I had to stop because the sweetness in it made my bloods crazy. Now I'm not the best diabetic in the world but I would never touch full fat juice unless I'm low. She's got to have a hard time controlling her sugars surely?! I mean yeah we are told we can eat like any normal person and carb count to counter act the high bloods but that's with the exception of having to drink diet juice. And it's not advised for a normal person to drink that much full fat juice.

Cathn61may

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who think they know it all
DAFNE. That means food. There are 7 teaspoons in a can of Full Fat Coke. Pepsi Max or Coke Zero are the best for People with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.

Cathn61may

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who think they know it all
No its not! Mines down to my depression, if I'm depressed then I won't look after myself simple as....absolutely nothing to do with what I eat
Do you see anyone about your depression. I have had Type 1 for 49 years. Diagnosed at 6 years old. I suffer with clinical depression and take medication for this. You should see your GP. It does help to talk.

D

Deleted member 83869

Do you see anyone about your depression. I have had Type 1 for 49 years. Diagnosed at 6 years old. I suffer with clinical depression and take medication for this. You should see your GP. It does help to talk.
Yeah I'm on sertraline....GP was no help my consultant referred me to perinatal....saw a psychiatrist and now waiting for an appointment for therapy!

Alison_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone my friend knows was telling him about her type 1 diabetes and she said she's learnt to carb count and she's been told she can eat and drink anything she wants as long as she takes the right amount of insulin. So she will just drink full fat fizzy pop like Pepsi and Coca Cola 24/7. Surely that's harmful and she's been told wrong info?

Carbohydrate counting means she has a greater freedom of what she can eat compared to how things used to be for diabetics, but there are certain things (like full sugar soft drinks) where the sugar enters the blood stream too quickly. Taking insulin won't control that sugar, as by the time insulin has started to work the blood glucose levels will already be high. She needs to take into consideration the glycemic index when carbohydrate counting. Full sugar soft drinks should really be kept for when she needs to treat a hypo.

symer001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm type 1 and aloud to eat what I want aswell but I do weigh out my food so I can do the maths correctly, so I never bother with full sugar drinks because they're too complicated to work out unless its in a personal size bottle/can.