Surprising result

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from hols and checked the Surgery for my online HbA1c result of the blood test I gave just before I went away.
Quite surprised to find it was again 27 or 4.6 in old money. I was quite ill for a couple of weeks after Christmas with a sore throat and cold with quite elevated (for me) blood sugars. Very pleased with this one so thought I'd share.
Just about to shower and weigh in to see if any damage caused by eating breakfast at hotel for a week... we shall see.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from hols and checked the Surgery for my online HbA1c result of the blood test I gave just before I went away.
Quite surprised to find it was again 27 or 4.6 in old money. I was quite ill for a couple of weeks after Christmas with a sore throat and cold with quite elevated (for me) blood sugars. Very pleased with this one so thought I'd share.
Just about to shower and weigh in to see if any damage caused by eating breakfast at hotel for a week... we shall see.

Congratulations - it seems like you really have cracked the right diet for you !

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very encouraging, Bulkbiker!
The thing is, you know what works, and you stick to it: I took a few leaves out of your book when I first got diagnosed, and it helped me a lot. Still, nice to see that week or two of higher days of sugars didn't skew the overall average too much.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

WOW you are doing amazingly well and I admire your will an strength to keep fasting for so many periods.. congratulations

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will wait to see if the surgery contact me for any follow up as it is my annual review time... I'm guessing not..
Thanks for all your support.. it is this forum that has helped me the most.

Reactions: Prem51

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition

The work involved in these types of numbers should never be underestimated. I actually have to spend a little bit of time researching each week to keep myself motivated. also the delicious food and the IF also help.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @bulkbiker You must be very relieved to see that 27, as it confirms the first one wasn't some sort of fluke.
You are working very hard for these results.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again for your kinds words and support..makes these experiments worth while.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Phenomenal, nothing more to say, the number says it all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! And isn't it spot on Bernstein's suggested bg average to reverse/halt complications?
Am delighted for you!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Easy peasy! Never had a doubt!

Well done mate!

An inspiration to all those that doubt how healthy you can be!

Hotpepper20000

Fantastic!! Your hard work has paid off.
You have been a Inspiration to me.
I enjoy reading about your fasts and success.

PoppyPetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bulkbiker,
Really well done. The Hba1c is great. My last two (taken 4 months apart) have both been 4.9% which I and my doctor thought was good but yours is better! Keep up the good work.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BB,

You really have become a pioneer in fasting and the low-carb lifestyle. Quite inspirational!