T1 food.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Antje77 - You have giggly-pigs - you lucky thing! We used to have a gang of girls, who lived free-range in one section of the kitchen. My husband made little houses for them and we walled off their section with a plank on its edge. They were the most wonderful company but gradually we were running an old giggly pigs home, and now we have none. We have promised ourselves to have another couple of girls one day.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You've got me wanting a burger now with extra onions! :happy:
Enjoy @Robinredbreast - I quite often like to pair my meals with various leafy salads.

Quite a variety @Antje77 - what colour bell peppers do you go for? I like the flavour of the green ones better but the colour doesn't contrast as well with some things.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 - You have giggly-pigs - you lucky thing! We used to have a gang of girls, who lived free-range in one section of the kitchen. My husband made little houses for them and we walled off their section with a plank on its edge. They were the most wonderful company but gradually we were running an old giggly pigs home, and now we have none. We have promised ourselves to have another couple of girls one day.
I love the story of your kitchen piggies! Must have been wonderful while cooking too with the guinea pigs loudly demanding their share :)

Mine live outside in a very big pen and a range of hiding places, and a small part where they can go inside if they so choose. They used to whistle under my kitchen window when I was cooking to get me to give them something.
Sadly I moved the 13 guinea pigs to this summer pen some 6 weeks ago and horrible accidents have been happening between my new foster dog and the guinea pigs. Foster dog is big and it turned out the pen wasn't built to withstand 30 kilo's of dog. Have repaired and reinforced a few times now, every time thinking it would be enough. So down to 5 scared guinea piggies now, who don't dare to come close to the kitchen window anymore. :(

They all came from a guinea pig sanctuary, and in time I'll get more again. But only after foster dog has found a forever home or nothing has happened to the pen for a couple of months. Hopefully it will be this year, it can't be later than august or so, becaus they have to get used to living outside.

Which was all completely off topic, so:
Quite a variety @Antje77 - what colour bell peppers do you go for? I like the flavour of the green ones better but the colour doesn't contrast as well with some things.
I like the red ones best in hot dishes and the yellow to eat raw. But I may choose the best color for the dish :) The green ones are always for the guinea pigs!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Antje77 oh poor little piggies. I love them so much! One of ours was one a little girl brought along because she heard we looked after unwanted pigs - what could we say.... that's how we ended up with 12 of them..... Yes, they called non-stop for the lovely green carrot tops, and we would go on country walks away from roads so that we could find delicious dandelion leaves for them. And so many other things - but I think we got a lot more than we gave. They were adorable. Especially my dear little Biscuit - she was the dimmest, sweetest, prettiest little pig I've ever seen. And she knew she was beautiful. She had long wavy hair, and I swear she flirted with my husband. I still miss her.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 oh poor little piggies. I love them so much!
Happier times!
34557291_10215065155696644_5301275702501310464_n.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Dinner

20190603-173954.jpg

Seitan, chips (frys), peas, broccoli, onion gravy - followed by blueberries & yoghurt

Reactions: db89

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Annoyingly, there is a fishtank full of ghost shrimp on the kitchen table so we had to have trays on laps. I have no idea why it's there - he loves those shrimp and looks after them so carefully. But - on the table>

Ah well.....

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tonight's offering.

Chicken in sweet chili sauce, brown rice (paging @Scott-C ;) ) and a steamfresh bag of green veg. Came out at 87g carbs (with less rice than the recommended serving).
ca8abbd88b1fdbaeccf3ef2a100d4c2d.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
With those ingredients, whatever you make, will be really :hungry:
You were right! I even found half a pretty dried out leek to go with it and it makes a perfect meal. And as a bonus, no need for shopping tomorrow as there's plenty left :)
61996592_10217705282898174_1391945458355535872_n.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And then there was some brown rice, coleslaw, mixed veg, pulses, edamame, and Coronation Chicken.

CC is always tricky to carb count - the sauce tends to have sugar in it, and I'm seriously not going to count the raisins, a bit of apple juice later will deal with any over-bolus. I reached a reasonable accomodation, as the second pic shows, by not eating the last raisin..

View attachment 33351

View attachment 33352

All gone :D:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Tonight is to be Teriyaki Jackfruit with probably asparagus and broccoli (if not, then it'll be green beans and broccoli - all depends on if we ate all the asparagus last night). We'll have brown rice with it, with sesame seeds through it, and fine diced carrot and red bell pepper.

I love jackfruit! This is a new recipe to us, so I'm prepared for disaster as well as delicious. Just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Needs some adjustment to the sauce. We followed the recipe to the letter - always do for the first time we make it, then we can change bits. The recipe called for a home made teriyaki sauce but in the event it was far too sweet. Next time I'll make the sauce using one of my recipes.

Also, jackfruit cooked that way would curry brilliantly! We both immediately fancied that idea, so I guess we need several more tins of jackfruit because we are bubbling with new suggestions.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
No Pic tonight, but a portion of bolognese from the freezer on a medium size jacket potato and it was :hungry: :)

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried my hand at moussaka today. I've never had it, so I don't really know what it's supposed to look like or how it should taste, so I'm not sure if I succeeded.
But it tasted wonderful!
62197434_10217744226791747_3425389023042994176_n.jpg

62192424_10217744228711795_8874877192161460224_n.jpg

62374500_10217744228271784_7666044271446720512_n.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes