Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks really tasty @Antje77 :hungry:
It tasted really tasty too, and didn't need much insulin, despite the milk and the flour. Good thing it turned out tasty, as the recipe was to serve 4 and I live alone. So no dinner pics from me on this thread until wednesday at the least, as you already know what I'll eat :p

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried my hand at moussaka today. I've never had it, so I don't really know5 what it's supposed to look like or how it should taste, so I'm not sure if I succeeded.
But it tasted wonderful!
62197434_10217744226791747_3425389023042994176_n.jpg

62192424_10217744228711795_8874877192161460224_n.jpg

62374500_10217744228271784_7666044271446720512_n.jpg
"But it tasted wonderful!" Then it was a 200% success !

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I made a batch of these, and am having one tonight. Sheer comfort food so I'm having it with baked beans and Aunt Bessies Homestyle Chips.

vegan-seitan-steak-recipe-meat-how-to-make-vital-wheat-gluten-from-scratch.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What to eat when you should have been shopping at least 2 days ago so you already ate all the leftovers and veggies originally bought for the guinea pigs:
64998724_10217812327334218_2155652383739215872_n.jpg

One potato, stolen from neighbour (no-one home but he keeps his potatoes in the barn :) ), with butter and salt.
Scrambled egg (there are always eggs when you have chickens!) with onion, a Spanish sausage that had been living in the freezer for a while and grated cheese. Some rather sad looking but still pretty tasty leftover salad from the day before. Good thing I forgot to feed it to the chickens!

That was yesterday. Today I want to make something with goats' cheese from the oven because that looked so good in @Mel dCP 's picture from the helpful restaurant cook. But now I can't find that picture anymore to see what I want to do with my cheese :(

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What to eat when you should have been shopping at least 2 days ago so you already ate all the leftovers and veggies originally bought for the guinea pigs:

One potato, stolen from neighbour (no-one home but he keeps his potatoes in the barn :) ), with butter and salt.
Scrambled egg (there are always eggs when you have chickens!) with onion, a Spanish sausage that had been living in the freezer for a while and grated cheese. Some rather sad looking but still pretty tasty leftover salad from the day before. Good thing I forgot to feed it to the chickens!

That was yesterday. Today I want to make something with goats' cheese from the oven because that looked so good in @Mel dCP 's picture from the helpful restaurant cook. But now I can't find that picture anymore to see what I want to do with my cheese :(
I messaged you the pic. It was on the T1 stars thread on Saturday/Sunday x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Antje77 - very creative dinner! But it does look tasty :happy:

I have never eaten goat's cheese, to my knowledge, and never will now. In fact I can't really remember what dairy cheese tastes like. But I have plenty of types of cheese to try (although some of them are pretty horrible in all honesty). I liked the one I had in my cheese & tomato toastie at lunch though!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Do you do bked Brie, Antje? So simple, and so many dipping options for anyone with an imagination.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you do bked Brie, Antje?
Oooooh, tell me about it!

edit: A quick google search told me I'll definitely do baked brie in the near future! Or more likely, baked camembert. Even more taste and they come in small cheeses with a crust where the brie comes in slices.

Reactions: DCUKMod

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to post the pic yesterday so here it is.
It's not nearly as pretty as Mel's meal, and the only thing it had in common is the goats cheese but it was very tasty!
Will eat again today, with the other half of the goats cheese :)
64371076_10217817902073583_6514031246912258048_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I have Frys vegan schnitzels today (feel like death, and am being looked after). I get chips with them, and some veg but it's not me cooking so I will wait and see what turns up. I get the schnitzels 'cos they're easy for him to cook, but I'm grateful to him for looking after me.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They say it will be around 30 degrees the next few days so I'm making moussaka again, which should last me for at least 4 days so no cooking in the heat. I wither when it's hot and my brain gets numb.
The moussaka will be vegetarian this time, as I don't think it'll make much difference to the taste, and I'll have a green salad with warm goats cheese, walnuts and sun dried tomatoes to go along with it :hungry:

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here it is. The vegetarian version of the moussaka turned out almost as tasty as the meat one so I'll keep it in my repertoire.
It looks a bit (or a lot) messy, but the pretty salad makes up for that :)
64801374_10217849866032662_3517705857557069824_n.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I had a sweetcorn & chickpea burger, asparagus, edamame beans and creamy coconut garlic mushrooms, followed by strawberries and Alpro coconut yoghurt.

Yummy and I actually got the dose right. I was 4.9 before I started eating, ate 43g carb and injected for that, ended up on 6.00 by bedtime because I forgot to allow for the extra couple of strawberries I ate while I was prepping.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Tonight I am having a seitan steak and an experimental M&S Plant Kitchen Edamame & Black Rice salad bowl, followed by strawberries & yoghurt.

Husband and I went to M&S because their Plant Kitchen range has been expanded and stuff like that is useful in a pinch. Really loathed the lasagne - couldn't eat it. Let's hope for better results tonight, but if the salad is gross for any reason I can quickly race to the kitchen and prep a salad. This one looked interesting and my thunk was that it might make a nice packed lunch. If it's OK, obviously.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Today I bought some red lentil penne, slightly lower in carb but it looks interesting. I'm not sure what to do with it as it's a rather jolly red/orangey colour. Ideas anyone?