T1 food.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tonight's dinner is Chicken curry, with red pepper and rice. Daughter won't be home until 7pm, so I am counting the minutes ;):hungry:
20181029_180129_resized.jpg

Reactions: kev-w and db89

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit late posting this but here's the rather delicious sausage and tomato casserole I had for lunch with a portion of mash and cabbage. Guesstimated at 36g carbs and seemed to be right later on.
63ba86176b0e04cbc79b86ebb302bac6.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ate late so went lower carb, chipotle chicken omelette with spinach broccoli onion garlic and olives with cheese, and a 60g carbs pouch of Tilda brown basmati and quinoa rice, 65g complex carbs all in, 4.5u Humalog

photo.JPG

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No pic tonight as I've done the fishcakes one before :) and as a heads up Morrisons best range fishcakes, 2 x packs of 2 for £4 have altered either the cake size or ingredients, the fishcakes were 17.5g carbs and are now 12.6, at least the cod salmon and haddock ones (I think they're called the 'weightwatchers' ones or so said the shop lass a while back) and I had them with the usual veg, spud salad and houmous at just under 100g fairly complex carbs & 6.5u Humalog.

I feel justified for ;looking at the nutritional value of everything I buy today seeing that change :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm gambling tonight, off the back of a bad nights blood, an Indian take away, 1 chicken madras, 1 mixed kebab starter and a naan bread, but they give poppadoms, and they're a faster carb minefield, so we'll see :)

Reactions: CranberryIce

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A change tonight at 65g carbs all in, 5u Humalog, chicken and garlic sausage frittata with broccoli, spinach, tomato, onion olive, chipotle chilli and cheese, 3 eggs and a pouch of Tilda Firecracker rice.

With the last dollop of houmous :)

photo.JPG

K

Knikki

5u homolog?

That seems not a lot of insulin.

Me I would have been like 6.5 and maybe more later but I'm on Aspidistra, "Interesting Mr Bond" ~said in best Auric Goldfinger voice~

Does look good.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5u homolog?

That seems not a lot of insulin.

Me I would have been like 6.5 and maybe more later but I'm on Aspidistra, "Interesting Mr Bond" ~said in best Auric Goldfinger voice~

Does look good.
You mentioned experimenting on Dulac :) and me too, I'm sat at 6.2 now so it worked, tother day I had 6.5u for the same dish but in omelette form and had a mild hypo, I'm having Tresiba on a lunch now and so far it 'appears' to be the best time for me, I'm possibly going to up the dose come the weekend.
I was getting frustrated with things at the weekend and Sunday nights 21 has given my head a shake, I think there were issues with the Humalog having binned 3 of the cartridges half way thru as it didn't seem right, but I wasn't sure as I'm still getting used to the Dulac.

You know the score :) and I'll get a cold next to skew things yet again....

Edit, soon be bedtime and if I want supper I'll have to inject for it as I've risen to 6.7 whilst tapping the keyboard, I wish I'd had half a u more now :)

Reactions: Knikki
K

Knikki

Dulac is working, I think, for me in the morning, the problem I have with it is that after I have eaten breakfast, and calculated carbs + about 2 or 3 more, about and hour to two hours later my BSL starts going through the roof so usually have to do at least a 5 unit correction to stop it.

This is all fun :rolleyes::hilarious:

But interesting to see you have moved your 'night time' to 'lunch time', not sure I am will to try that yet but it is food for thought.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dulac is working, I think, for me in the morning, the problem I have with it is that after I have eaten breakfast, and calculated carbs + about 2 or 3 more, about and hour to two hours later my BSL starts going through the roof so usually have to do at least a 5 unit correction to stop it.

This is all fun :rolleyes::hilarious:

But interesting to see you have moved your 'night time' to 'lunch time', not sure I am will to try that yet but it is food for thought.
I'd moved from night to first thing as I was dropping 5 or so hours after injecting it, the lunchtime move was planned but Sundays mess-up had me unsure if I'd had it, by the time I'd worked back through my moves and realised I hadn't it was lunch :p .
I've spiked to 8.3 this morning on a full 2 course 55g complex carb breakfast and had 0.5u correction and sitting a 6.5 now.
Lunch is an issue as on Lantus I'd be required to eat around 20g carbs to hold a drop off but now if I want lunch at lunchtime I need to inject for it, unless I swim then I eat beforehand and get out to a rapid drop, tea times good as the drop I'm avoiding in the early hours comes then an lessens the bolus requirements slightly.

Obviously it's not an exact science :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shepherds pie for 2 with a light rosti topping and mixed veg in a blue cheese sauce and a pot of houmous, about 100g carbs all in and 6.5u Humalog.

Bon appetite :p

photo.JPG

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:) Look at that little double yolker :p Happy Friday for me now, and I'm cutting a slice of bread of the menu so it cheered me up.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

K

Knikki

ARGH!!!! :banghead: Must stop reading this thread first thing in the morning when at work as I am now beginning to feel peckish :hilarious:

K

Knikki

Last nights tea/dinner

zofcdj.jpg

Aldi's finest Ham hock, chicken and leak pie some chips and veg thrown in 86grm of carbs 9.5 Apidra.

That glass of wine was the first of about 3 or 4 :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki Morrisons do a similar pie in their 'best' range and very nice they are too :)

A little change for breakfast, swapped poachies for scrambled, so a 10g carbs meal (well the second course tacked onto 40g carbs from my porridge :p )
Nandos scambled egg with a spoon of English mustard, black pepper & hot sauce

photo.JPG

K

Knikki

es50zc.jpg

From Joe Wick's 30 minutes meals.

Chow Main which has, chicken, prawns, egg noodles, peas, broccoli and some sauce which I forget.

Works out the the carb value was around 45gms for the noodles and so in went 5.5 all was well.

However this is one of his Carb-Refuels recipies and because I was OK BSL wise when I wen to bed I did not think about it. Hit very early morning so woke with a 14.2.

The meal was delicious and I would eat it again but know I know what it will do I will simple allow/compensate for it before bed.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Pizza and leaves, 4g carbs the lot :)

Pizza made with 9 second bread base (30g ground almond, 1 beaten egg, salt & pepper; nuked for 90s) and topped with Gia sun dried tomato purée, mushrooms and aubergine, with grated manchego cheese.

22B0E580-E574-4C70-9B93-9388F80F2565.jpeg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cottage pie, and houmous out of sight, 95g carbs all in and 7u Humalog, a quickie as it was childs first secondary school parents evening after the gym and I was rushing.

photo.JPG

K

Knikki

2qjgjfo.jpg

Salami pepperoni and onion pizza with pizza garlic bread all 110 grams of carb :eek::joyful:

Going to split for this but as I was running at 2.8 for this will have to play it by ear, have shoved 5 in me and might stick another 5 or 8 of Apidra in later on, see how I feel :)

I expect to be in the upper end of the levels in the morning or even in to double figure and yes it was worth it :)

OK UPDATE

Last night before bed was running around the 8.0 mark so shoved 8.5 of Apidra in, might have been over kill as I spent most of the night in the low 4s high 3s but woke up at a 5.1 so cool :)

Last edited by a moderator: