1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

T1 food.

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by kev-w, Sep 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

How was parent's evening @kev-w ?
    Fish pie and veg for me tonight 33g carbs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. db89

db89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Surf & Turf chicken with baked potato and creamy mushroom side for dinner on my last night in Prague. 43g/3u for this one and it was absolutely scrumptious![​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Knikki 'tis the devils food is pizza; I find I can safely pinch a slice off someone and take 3u and not spike, but if I eat a whole one :) I spike, or if I don't by taking 2 or 3 jabs for it then I spike when I'm asleep, but being a glutton doesn't help much...

Parents evening? Hmmmmm yes, about 55/45 to the good, which I'm not very pleased about as it's her first term, but they've got my number now so she knows I'll be getting a call if she misbehaves, she's 12 on Sunday and has more freedom than I'd give her and her mobile phone's banned from mine as I'm a misery, grrrrr....

A frozen curry defrosted and reheated for tea, and a 60g complex carbs pouch of rice as I cba cooking it :) 6u Humalog.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

As a low carb Type 2, reading this thread is a form of masochism!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah, she'll be ok @kev-w mostly good is great
    Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich for me 32g carbs but obviously a type of mini-pizza so split my bolus. Now on 8.7 and coming down so not bad.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Years of experimentation and getting it wrong :writer: but even now different pizzas do different things and I don't always get it right :rolleyes::happy:

But unfortunately the "Devils" food is always more tasty and worth a go :hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. kev-w

A bit of a change of carbs, potato, chopped Polish sausage & brie fritters shallow fried with chicken in garlic onion and tomato sauce with chipotle chillis and broccoli, be about 75g carbs all in, 6u Humalog. photo.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

[​IMG]

Low carb for me for a change some new spuds, lots of veg and 2x Pork chops all in all I worked out 15g of carb did 1.5 units and then another 1.5 just before bed.

Bed at 6.5 woke at 8.1 so not bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. kev-w

Saturday night special, Morrisons best lasagne al forno for 2 :p, 76g carbs, steamed veg and a pot of low fat humous with a little Nandos sauce, 100g carbs all in with 8u Humalog

photo.JPG

I got my weight back up to 80kg so have backed 20 - 30g carbs off the evening meal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Dinner for 1 tonight :- Breaded GF chicken, chips, coleslaw, fried tomato and mushrooms and a blueberry yogurt :hungry:

20181125_165437_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. kev-w

Tea tonight
    photo.JPG
    will have those vegetables in it, (pot noodle's not mine but shown for a giggle :p ) I never show the veg content of my food as usually steamed it's plonked on the plate with the curry chucked over it.
    Thai I'm having with brown basmati rice, 7u Humalog and around 100g carbs all in.

12. kev-w

Meatballs with cheese, gnocci & steamed veg with a tomato sauce, as that's what the child requested, scotch mince (a bargain half price too), garlic, onion, mushroom and tomato blitzed in the blender, chipotle chilli in mine :p around 110g carbs all in. Edit, and 8.5u Humalog as the gnocci carbs (tho not excessive) can give a late spike.

photo.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    #172 kev-w, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:19 PM
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  13. kev-w

Friday night special, slightly burnt chipotle chicken & smoked sausage omelette, tomato, onion, broccoli, garlic and shallots with a cheese centre, served with brown basmati rice, humous and olives, 85g carbs all in and 6.5u Humalog

photo.JPG

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@kev-w . Gave you a winner emoji. Your ability to load the plate is becoming legendary.
    But, but, but, OLIVES???? :stop::stop:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. kev-w

To be honest (and it may surprise you) there's very little savoury food I won't eat :p :p

I'm occasionally prone to the munchies so keep things like olives to hand so's not to spike....

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I burst out laughing, so thank you for posting :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hmmm olives, okay in very small doses or in a Mediterranean casserole :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. kev-w

I'm currently bored of poached eggs, so bought a new non stick milk pan and have changed to scrambled eggs :p photo.JPG

18. kev-w

photo.JPG

A change tonight, by request of the 12 year old, sausage in Yorkshire puddings, veg, mash and gravy, with a couple of lamb chops on mine, guessing 120g carbs and 8u Humalog.
    I've not posted pics up recently, simply as what I've shown so far is what I eat and you've seen the regular menu :p :) sausages are a rareity as to me they're full of both fat and cholesterol so best given a wide berth same as bacon, although that won't stop me from finding some Toulouse bangers for the Christmas period.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Still needs more gravy :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. kev-w

What it did need was another 2.5u Humalog as I spiked to 10.6 :) tho I'm blaming that on the mint sauce :p

The current issue is the stores best lemon cheesecake sat in the fridge, evil food the child requested as it was a mark down teach em young :p I won't eat it so have rang the ex to come and remove it along with the large iced gingerbread reindeer that she's just had me make icing for.
    I keep opening the fridge door to look at the cheesecake, I've sniffed at it and my eyes watered :) it's still where I put it and hasn't moved, but I'll catch it if it does.
    Oh I wish I had some Fiasp :p

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook