T2s: What was your fasting BG this morning, and what did you eat yesterday?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What do you make with the chia, cocoa and almond milk? Sound like tasty ingredents but I don't know what to do with them!
Chia pudding - soak chia seeds overnight in almond/hazelnut/coconut/soya/cow's milk, and add whatever flavouring you like.

Reactions: LindsayJane

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you make with the chia, cocoa and almond milk? Sound like tasty ingredents but I don't know what to do with them!

Normally two tea spoons of chia seeds soak it overnight with Almond milk, Hazelnut or coconut milk (which ever available) with Cocoa powder mixed.

Morning before i eat just add tea spoon Maple Syrup.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Normally two tea spoons of chia seeds soak it overnight with Almond milk, Hazelnut or coconut milk (which ever available) with Cocoa powder mixed.

Morning before i eat just add tea spoon Maple Syrup.
Thank you - I'll give it a go and tell you what I think of it xx

jclare

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m amazed. I’ve been diagnosed since 2010 and have struggled for years to get my morning bag to stay on the graph. Since January I’ve low carbed (not for the first time). For some reason my head is now in a good place and I have cracked it. First reading today was 4.7 and that’s pretty much how it’s been for a couple of months now. Prior to this effort it’s been over 10 most days. Evening bg now 5 to 6. I’m truly amazed and of course well proud of myself.

Yesterday I ate a piece of buttered toast for brekkie, lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich (normal brown bread). Evening meal was an omelette with bacon, cheese and mushroom. Plus bottle of red wine and packet of pork scratching later on. I have found that Warburton Low GI brown bread has no effect on my BG. A great find from Lidl.

I’ve introduced some items that I couldn’t tolerate before e.g. normal bread (if I have run out of Low GI). Things are looking very good and I happy to confound my diabetic practitioner- who can’t belive the result of my recent bloods.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 371625

Wednesday 3/4
FBG (5.30am) 4.2
Exercise free day today
Breakfast (8am): Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast (one slice, sourdough) /
Juice from half a grapefruit {272 Cal / 18.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & red lentil soup {130 Cal / 19.5g Carbs}
Ham, fig & avocado salad {279 Cal / 14.4g Carbs}
Plum, blueberries, yoghurt, walnuts {124 Cal / 11.5g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Apple & cinnamon hot cross bun {236 Cal / 38.1g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Salmon, celeriac fondant, roast squash, green beans, peas {415 Cal / 24.0g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {106 Cal / 9.4g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too (3 of them decaf)

Calories 1640
Carbs 145.8g
Protein 96.7g
Fat 62.9g (Sat Fat 15.7g / Trans fats 0.3g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Reactions: Venkat K and Prem51

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.2 this morning

Funny old day yesterday.....my pre lunch bg was 8.7 up from 6.6 in the morning fasting bg.....my usual rock-steady breakfast of bran flakes with actimels gets a free pass so I must look at the fruit accompaniment.....yes I'm talking about YOU Mr Mandarin!!! Will have old faithful strawberry at the party instead today.

I managed to rectify it with an eggs-exemplary lunch and dinner consisting mainly of our oval shaped friends.....ably assisted by the Bird that lays them(chicken wings) and asparagus. Omelette for lunch,scrambled for dinner,hardboiled for snacks is the new 3 steps to heaven......well maybe not quite but it did lead to

7.5 bg pre dinner
6.3 bg before bed
6.2 first thing this morning

Hats off again to the. Nutrition team at the hospital I'm holed up in.....24 days in and counting......pretty sure I must be getting special treatment due to working here because changing meal request during the day does not make their life easy.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday food

7:30 Breakfast-Oven cooked Omelette
Berries Smoothie
Three Spoon of nut mix

8:00 Cycle to Office 11 miles

Lunch - Fasting
3 Green Tea and Black coffee at work

17:30 Cycle to Home 11 miles

19:10 Dinner - Cauliflower Broccoli stir fry
Chicken curry
Aubergine with egg stir fry
Salad
Papad with soft cheese
Three spoons of nuts mixture

20:30 Blood sugar after Dinner 8.7

Fitbit shows 14000 steps by end of day.

Thursday 04/04/2019

FBG(06:40) -7.8

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.2 this morning

Funny old day yesterday.....my pre lunch bg was 8.7 up from 6.6 in the morning fasting bg.....my usual rock-steady breakfast of bran flakes with actimels gets a free pass so I must look at the fruit accompaniment.....yes I'm talking about YOU Mr Mandarin!!! Will have old faithful strawberry at the party instead today.

I managed to rectify it with an eggs-exemplary lunch and dinner consisting mainly of our oval shaped friends.....ably assisted by the Bird that lays them(chicken wings) and asparagus. Omelette for lunch,scrambled for dinner,hardboiled for snacks is the new 3 steps to heaven......well maybe not quite but it did lead to

7.5 bg pre dinner
6.3 bg before bed
6.2 first thing this morning

Hats off again to the. Nutrition team at the hospital I'm holed up in.....24 days in and counting......pretty sure I must be getting special treatment due to working here because changing meal request during the day does not make their life easy.
7.3 pre lunch....no special measures required today

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.8 this morning

brunch: 2 fried eggs, 100g fried mushrooms, nob of butter, 30ml dbl cream in coffee
late lunch: 110g salmon steak with salad leaves and 50g avocado
dinner: yoghurt, blueberries, raspberries, flaxseeds and some cheddar (been on the allotment all day and was too tired to cook!)
through day: 60g double cream in coffee

Pre-prandial, evening meal, 5.5. Post prandial, 6.5. Total carbs 20.39

D

Deleted member 371625

Thursday 4/4
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (almond milk), strawberries, blueberries, pecans {280 Cal / 34.8g Carbs}
……………………………...2 mile run
……………………………...5 km on rowing machine [23 min 44 sec]
Breakfast 2 (8am): Mackerel (in tomato sauce), toast (one slice, sourdough) {289 Cal / 14.8g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Pear {46 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile run
……………………………….7 x 500m [sprints, 1 minute rests] on rowing machine

Lunch (12pm): Coquina squash & red chilli soup {73 Cal / 14.9g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad {244 Cal / 5.8g Carbs}
Raspberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, hazelnuts {118 Cal / 7.8g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Flatbread (multigrain), hummus, moutabel {141 Cal / 11.5g Carbs}

Dinner (7pm): Linguine al colombaccio (wood pigeon) e funghi {358 Cal / 43.1g Carbs}
Banana bread [hot from the oven], ice cream {213 Cal / 30.6g Carbs}

Calories 1841
Carbs 183.7g
Protein 95.0g
Fat 71.6g (Sat Fat 18.5g / Trans fats 0.6g)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Venkat K

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
7.3 pre lunch....no special measures required today

Curried lamb with stew peas and steamed spinach....plus roast carrots and 2 buttered corn cobs.....bought in by a colleague.........small tub of haagen daz Belgian chocolate ice cream(shared with the missus who joined me for lunch).

Pre-dinner bg of 8.2 is a small price to pay for authentic Caribbean food and a bit of luxury ice cream whilst in hospital....and I did a bit of exercise afterwards(see moderate exercise log thread).

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Curried lamb with stew peas and steamed spinach....plus roast carrots and 2 buttered corn cobs.....bought in by a colleague.........small tub of haagen daz Belgian chocolate ice cream(shared with the missus who joined me for lunch).

Pre-dinner bg of 8.2 is a small price to pay for authentic Caribbean food and a bit of luxury ice cream whilst in hospital....and I did a bit of exercise afterwards(see moderate exercise log thread).

Dinner of Lamb Kofte's with Ratatouille......bought in by a different colleague.........just had last

The same colleague left me with a 'warm up' box of Lamb kofte's with ratatouille for dinner so I was quite disheartened to find my pre bedtime bg at 9.8 Yikes. To cut a long story short it turns out that said colleague did not tell his wife about my T2 diabetes and so when she was preparing the food she used Palm sugar in the lunchtime curry and highly sugared tomato puree in the ratatouille..

Only myself to blame.....lesson learnt.........ASK about ingredients when eating any food you don't prepare.

Still....not the end of the world and in all honesty it was so freaking delicious and such a nice gesture I would have scoffed it even if I'd known.

Hospital grub Friday though........fish methinks.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Dinner of Lamb Kofte's with Ratatouille......bought in by a different colleague.........just had last

The same colleague left me with a 'warm up' box of Lamb kofte's with ratatouille for dinner so I was quite disheartened to find my pre bedtime bg at 9.8 Yikes. To cut a long story short it turns out that said colleague did not tell his wife about my T2 diabetes and so when she was preparing the food she used Palm sugar in the lunchtime curry and highly sugared tomato puree in the ratatouille..

Only myself to blame.....lesson learnt.........ASK about ingredients when eating any food you don't prepare.

Still....not the end of the world and in all honesty it was so freaking delicious and such a nice gesture I would have scoffed it even if I'd known.

Hospital grub Friday though........fish methinks.

I was glad to see the slide upwards stopped this morning......a very solid 6.5........I had the best night's sleep since being in hospital due to a change in the antibiotic regime.......every 6 hrs with a larger dose gives much more sleeping room than every 4 hrs.....just hope the larger dose is not too intense.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5 this morning after a night full of brain worms and much fidgeting trying to win back space from a sleeping spaniel! He snores too.

Breakfast: 100g full fat Greek yoghurt, 25g blueberries, 4g flax seeds
Lunch: 4 x mini baby bell cheddars, crevettes x 8, salad leaves
(This was at our last day of term 'party' at uni. Everyone esle stuffed cakes and biscuits so I felt quite righteous!)
Dinner: salmon steak, romanesco
Through day: 90ml dbl cream in coffee, 33g montezuma's absolute black chocolate

Pre-prandial (evening meal) 6.2. Postprandial, 6.9. Total carbs 21.37

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday food

7:30 Breakfast- oats soaked overnight with almond milk, homemade yogurt, blueberries and almond butter and cocoa powder s
Three Spoon of nut mix

8:00 Cycle to Office 11 miles

Lunch - Fasting
3 Green Tea and Black coffee at work

17:30 Cycle to Home 11 miles

19:20 Blood sugar BeforeDinner 8.4

19:30 Dinner - Cauliflower Broccoli stir fry
Aubergine with egg stir fry
Spoon of Buckwheat
Salad
Papad with soft cheese
Three spoons of nuts mixture

Fitbit shows 14000 steps by end of day.

Friday 05/04/2019

FBG(06:40) -7.3

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I was glad to see the slide upwards stopped this morning......a very solid 6.5........I had the best night's sleep since being in hospital due to a change in the antibiotic regime.......every 6 hrs with a larger dose gives much more sleeping room than every 4 hrs.....just hope the larger dose is not too intense.
6.1 pre dinner down from 6.5 after standard hospital breakfast of bran flakes/probiotic yoghurt(yakult)/handful of raspberries.

Looking forward to the lunchtime fishy on my dishy

D

Deleted member 371625

Friday 5/4
FBG (6am) 4.1

Breakfast (8am): Poached duck egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado toast (one slice, sourdough)/
Juice from one orange {327 Cal / 23.2g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {61 Cal / 14.0g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile run
……………………………….7 x 500m [sprints, 1 minute rests] on rowing machine

Lunch (12pm): Celeriac & apple soup {57 Cal / 11.3g Carbs}
Pigeon [warm], fig & hummus salad {270 Cal / 11.6g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, walnuts {128 Cal / 9.4g Carbs}

BG (5pm) 4.0
Snack (5pm): Ginger cake {153 Cal / 17.7g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Haddock in breadcrumbs, sweet potato wedges, peas, corn {340 Cal / 32.2g Carbs}
……………………………...2 mile run
……………………………...5 km on rowing machine [24 min 01 sec]
Viennetta, blueberries {116 Cal / 12.9g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), peanut butter, almond milk {158 Cal / 12.0g Carbs}

Calories 1689
Carbs 155.1g
Protein 83.5g
Fat 73.7g (Sat Fat 20.3g / Trans fats 0.3g)

Reactions: Venkat K and Prem51