Tea or Coffee Anyone?

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Just clocked the article on the front page about Coffee and its benefits for us T2's. I quaff tea and or coffee in copious amounts most days and was interested to hear other T2s beverage preference and why :?:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have never drank tea and coffee. Before diagnosis I loved sweet sugary fizzy drinks. I mostly drink water with the occasional diet coke.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I drink really weak tea with skimmed milk and Pepsi Max.

Two days a week I treat myself to a half-shot skimmed milk latte.

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
wellwell1212 said:
Just clocked the article on the front page about Coffee and its benefits for us T2's. I quaff tea and or coffee in copious amounts most days and was interested to hear other T2s beverage preference and why :?:

No tea or coffee for me. I don't drink caffeine because it has many undesirable effects neurologically especially causing headaches for those of us who are sensitive to it. I also believe it is not good for diabetes. So it is pure water or herbal teas for me when thirsty. I also like the decaff teas available especially tetley decaff which tastes and looks just like the real thing.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Two or three strong black coffees every morning to help the dawn phenomenon get me going :D then after around 11:00 I swap to tea till dinner time and then one last coffee after dinner :D

Mervyn

three cups of tea and two instant coffee between 4.30am and 9am.....then I make two 5 cup pots of freshly ground coffee during the rest of the morning....then nothing until about 3.30pm for tea then maybe one more tea later in the day.

All taken without sugar and semi-skimmed milk :)

lyn hathawy

i can stop worrying now that i was havin too much tea and coffee.since been diagnosed nearly 3 weeks ago dont have sugar in it now so ill start to enjoy it a bit more knowing that its not doing any harm

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I drink tea mostly, latte once a week or if I'm out for the day it will be latte's the whole day.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
You know I thought it looked odd when I typed it :D

It should of course be weak tea with skimmed milk, and Pepsi Max :)

That would be seriously weak dishwater tea with the teabag waved at the cup from the other side of the room.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
[That would be seriously weak dishwater tea with the teabag waved at the cup from the other side of the room.[/quote]

Same here, just weak tea, a pint at a time. Not into coffee at all, never have been. Cup of gnats water, thats me.

Andy

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pre-D it was always Earl Grey with a splash of skimmed and two sweeteners.

Now it's mug after mug of coffee with double cream and two sweeteners. For breakfast I also put a knob of butter in it as I simply can't eat in the mornings.

wiflib

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
wiflib said:
For breakfast I also put a knob of butter in it as I simply can't eat in the mornings.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Its red-bush tea for me as it doesn't contain caffeine which would seriously affect my AF ...as does MSG, so I do have to be careful to read all lables of pre prepared food and only eat out where I know they fully understand my requirements :D

alliebee

Coffee, strong and black from my espresso maker cant do without it drink maybe 3 or 4 mugs a day
tea in the evening, good old yorkshire tea, nice and strong
Also like rooibos tea from tesco

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Borofergie, try it. After all, butter is just over-whipped cream. The Italians have it in espresso.

wiflib

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Not feeling too bad now about my Coffee intake now, after reading this thread. I never have taken sugar in Tea or Coffee and prefer skimmed milk. Thus I will carry on with my habit of morning Coffee and afternoon tea :D