The epetition

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Defren said:
We could add the petition link to our signatures. I wouldn't have a problem with that?
Me too,count me in.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Defren said:
borofergie said:
and some of us get our strips for free, and probably don't worry too much about those that have to pay for them...

I get strips, but signed before I got them, but I would still sign. Some of who do get strips, still care and are outraged not all do. Your statement is very sweeping, and unfair Stephen!

Clearly I'm a very bad man.

Sheesh. I was speculating as to the reasons why not many people have signed the petition. I'm not aware of anyone that actually thinks that way, but I'm also sure that not every diabetic active on the forum has signed the petition. Something must be causing the apathy.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't get my strips paid for, I don't even get metformin.

Grazer

borofergie said:
Defren said:
borofergie said:
and some of us get our strips for free, and probably don't worry too much about those that have to pay for them...

I get strips, but signed before I got them, but I would still sign. Some of who do get strips, still care and are outraged not all do. Your statement is very sweeping, and unfair Stephen!

Sheesh. I was speculating as to the reasons why not many people have signed the petition. I'm not aware of anyone that actually thinks that way, but I'm also sure that not every diabetic active on the forum has signed the petition. Something must be causing the apathy.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't get my strips paid for, I don't even get metformin.

Perhaps you were too subtle! We all know you're just like the AA man really, a "very nice man, a very very nice man, a very........"

QUESTION - got the address in the signature, but it doesn't come up as a shortcut. How do we do that? Do we need admin? If so, I'll contact Benedict.

minitata

Defren said:
We could add the petition link to our signatures. I wouldn't have a problem with that?

Good Idea Defren, I've added it to mine - although I don't post very often these days.

MTT

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:

Not at all, just human like the rest of us, who phrase things wrongly at times, that's all.

Grazer, yes I noticed that, there is no 'quote' button for sigs, people will have to C&P.

Defren

minitata said:
Defren said:

Good Idea Defren, I've added it to mine - although I don't post very often these days.

MTT

+1 Thank you too. I'm glad people like the idea. It may just make the petition a little more visible.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please lets not fall for this old chestnut of a decoy ploy which seems to happen about now on every T2 post of interest. Can we just move on and ignore it? Anyone who reads the actual posts knows it is irrelevant. And it doesnt help the T1's who are not in a financial position to self-fund either.

I want ALL diabetics to have the same access to treatment, medication and adequate supplies. Be treated with equal respect and empathy, and be given enough resources.

If the government are saying "We have to give less to the T1's because of the increase in T2's" then the government is at fault for under-funding the need.

They dont say "well, we have an increase in Bowel Cancer patients, so we are taking resources and funding from Breast cancer patients" do they.

(please tell me they dont do that)

Unbeliever

Defren said:
borofergie said:
Defren said:

Not at all, just human like the rest of us, who phrase things wrongly at times, that's all.

Or maybe just delinberately provocative Def? I have to own up to being a very bad woman too as the same thought occurred to me. I am sure neither of us meant EVERYONE who got strips. Well I wouldn't would i? I get srips and I signed !
Some people are very lethargic abiut things which don't appear to affect them personally.

None of them are redheads of course
Drat! Now here's a sweeping statement! :lol:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I strongly object to the Red-Head-ist propaganda being sprouted on this board!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
borofergie said:
I don't think anyone would disagree with T1 Diabetics getting all the supplies they need to manage their condition.

I was a good boy and paid my taxes in the belief that society would look after me. I had no idea which of the available diseases would claim me when I got old so I had no prior knowledge of whose budget I would be bothering I certainly didn't expect to squabble over the available money.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was a good boy and paid my taxes in the belief that society would look after me. I had no idea which of the available diseases would claim me when I got old so I had no prior knowledge of whose budget I would be bothering I certainly didn't expect to squabble over the available money.

I love this post Squire Fulwood and agree x 100000000000000

edited to add the word 'post'

I am not declaring a passion for Squire Fulwood, although, as an admirer of romantic novels, the name does conjure up certain images in my mind :lol:

Pneu

Can we take this thread back on track now guys... its about the e-petition for type II test stripes not the merits of funding for type I or type II (which are both equally deserving in most peoples minds...).

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If we had enough funding for ALL diabetics, then we wouldnt need the e-petition. So funding is relevant here.

I will continue to focus on funding for type 2 , as they are who the petition addresses.

However, the public perception of 'deserving' and 'undeserving diabetics', who seem to broadly be divided into "deserving type 1's" and "undeserving type 2's" is relevant. Their perception is, of course, completely wrong. But nevertheless, that perception also appears to be held by those who control the purse strings. And even by the HCP's I have met. I have had an email from someone who was told by her DSN that she could pay for her test strips and meter out of the money she now saves on chocolate :shock:

So a massive re-education all round is needed I think, before all diabetics are treated equally and fairly by all.

Grazer

Good point Lucy. Bit like the NHS views on "Fat taxes" and "no treatment for smokers", although treatment for heroine addicts is fine. (I don't smoke by the way!) So sensible debate is needed on all this.

Pneu said:
Can we take this thread back on track now guys... its about the e-petition for type II test stripes not the merits of funding for type I or type II (which are both equally deserving in most peoples minds...).

On that note, can I ask about the excellent idea of adding a link to the petition on our signature line Pneu? It can't be done. We can add the address, but not a link. I know people can paste and copy, but they're perhaps more likely to respond if there's a direct link.I've written to Benedict asking if there's a way round this, but perhaps you would know?