1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

They Are Trying To Make Me Sick or Worse

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Mbaker, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Other · Well-Known Member

It is already being introduced in schools and colleges with No Meat Mondays and Go Vegan Wednesdays. Even in Junior schools. The hospital where I lived for a couple of months this year had a vegan only menu for Wednesdays, and I was forced to eat salads on those days.I did try the vegan fare at first, but it was so unbelievably bad for my sugar levels that on one occasion I was thought to be having a hesrt attack, but it turned out just to be severe heartburn after a night in intensive care.

We will expect to have the upgrade to the Eatwell Plate aka Canada and possibly much stricter 'advice' to follow it. This will apply immediately to schools, colleges, public places, prisons, hospitals etc. Will it include advice on Vit B12 supplementation? or Vit K2? and D3, and what about Haeme iron and folate? Or will they force fake meats to be supplemented instead? Remember Eatwell is for the whole population, and not limited to users of this Forum. We will all be 'encouraged' to reduce our essential nutrients by the stroke of a pen.

2. Oldvatr

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/20/chinas-meat-consumption-climate-change

Edit to add: The legislation to enact this became effective on New Years Eve 2018/19. It mandates reduction in pig farming by 50% this year, which apparently is the Year of the Pig - Really?

Edit: Apologies, the info above is when the guidelines were issued, and we have no reports of legislation yet, so African swine flu is plausible.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #162 Oldvatr, Jun 14, 2019 at 4:25 PM
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just going to post this snippet again for those who missed it the first time and still think that this is all some wacky tinfoil hat nonsense.
    These are the measures being recommended to governments in order to ensure compliance and remove freedom of choice. And governments are already listening. Any reasonable person should be concerned about this kind of thing happening in a free society.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

WRT methane some boffins are pointing the finger at fracked shale gas. Jus sayin'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7. Oldvatr

Or marsh gas? Or coalmines (firedamp) or landfill? Cesspits anyone? Commercial muck spreading on grain fields? digging up Peat bogs being used for compost or BBQ's? More humans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rachox

Rachox Other · Type 2 - well controlled. Moderator.
    Staff Member

After careful consideration the mod team have decided that this thread has run it’s course so we have decided to lock it to further comments. Thank you everyone for your input, we will all wait and see what the government decides next year.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook