Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And the louder the guidelines, recommendations, (cherry picked, poor quality) research based education grows the less chance we will have to be heard in response before the legislation follows. Once it is in place too late then to object.
It is already being introduced in schools and colleges with No Meat Mondays and Go Vegan Wednesdays. Even in Junior schools. The hospital where I lived for a couple of months this year had a vegan only menu for Wednesdays, and I was forced to eat salads on those days.I did try the vegan fare at first, but it was so unbelievably bad for my sugar levels that on one occasion I was thought to be having a hesrt attack, but it turned out just to be severe heartburn after a night in intensive care.

We will expect to have the upgrade to the Eatwell Plate aka Canada and possibly much stricter 'advice' to follow it. This will apply immediately to schools, colleges, public places, prisons, hospitals etc. Will it include advice on Vit B12 supplementation? or Vit K2? and D3, and what about Haeme iron and folate? Or will they force fake meats to be supplemented instead? Remember Eatwell is for the whole population, and not limited to users of this Forum. We will all be 'encouraged' to reduce our essential nutrients by the stroke of a pen.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That was due to the outbreak of African Swine Fever.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/20/chinas-meat-consumption-climate-change

Edit to add: The legislation to enact this became effective on New Years Eve 2018/19. It mandates reduction in pig farming by 50% this year, which apparently is the Year of the Pig - Really?

Edit: Apologies, the info above is when the guidelines were issued, and we have no reports of legislation yet, so African swine flu is plausible.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Just going to post this snippet again for those who missed it the first time and still think that this is all some wacky tinfoil hat nonsense.
By contrast, hard policy interventions include laws, fiscal measures, subsidies and penalties, trade reconfiguration, and other economic and structural measures.

These are the measures being recommended to governments in order to ensure compliance and remove freedom of choice. And governments are already listening. Any reasonable person should be concerned about this kind of thing happening in a free society.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
WRT methane some boffins are pointing the finger at fracked shale gas. Jus sayin'.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WRT methane some boffins are pointing the finger at fracked shale gas. Jus sayin'.
Or marsh gas? Or coalmines (firedamp) or landfill? Cesspits anyone? Commercial muck spreading on grain fields? digging up Peat bogs being used for compost or BBQ's? More humans?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After careful consideration the mod team have decided that this thread has run it’s course so we have decided to lock it to further comments. Thank you everyone for your input, we will all wait and see what the government decides next year.

Reactions: LooperCat
Status
Not open for further replies.