Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
If you have read many of my posts you may have noticed that I have been hinting at action against the powers that be trying to take away our rights to meat. If I understood what was said on the main ITV news this evening, the Government intend on getting into law NEXT YEAR the commitment to net zero carbon emissions by 2050.

I knew "they" would try to get changes to healing food removed by the back door, here's an extract https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-12/how-life-will-change-in-a-world-of-net-zero-emissions/:

"..People will also need to eat less beef, lamb and dairy, use separate food waste collections and even switch to peat-free compost in their gardens to help cut emissions, the report from the Committee on Climate Change said."

So get ready to for the fake food equivalents. The PM announced this today, when the Government knew the press would be busy with what was going on with new prime minister launches. For those who go with the flow, please consider what this means for your children, grand children and yourself.

I am not going down without a fight, for the last few months I have been working on my plan to make the maximum useful noise. One facet of my plan is a petition - I am not sure of wording but I believe to get meat and dairy off the reductionist table the truth about the health benefits need to be broadly known. Another facet I will be attempting within 6 to 8 weeks. This involves me getting some traction on YouTube and other social media. I can say I have already done some filming with a world champion and intend on getting some more. I would like others to consider joining me on a well organised protest at parliament - if you are interested please PM me, so that we can plan to be the most effective on social media the press etc, with professional placards and spokes person who outlines out "demands" etc.

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't see how they can stop us eating meat apart fro. Making it very expensive. Also how can they stop us drinking milk. I think the whole idea is unworkable.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Sustainable this is not and they have already proved that meat and dairy farming is not as damaging to the environment as people think. I feel that people should realise that a lot of these products still have to use industry to be made which of course means the burning of fuels. I understand the morality, that is something to think about but forcing beliefs on others is a little too much? If I remember rightly NASA stated most of the carbon was from flights more that anything?

I’d rather they spend time and money on sustainable and humane farming than doing this. So we are all free to choose.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I think the best solution for the human kind would be a strict control of how many children each women get and never allow more than 3 children pro woman... after all we pollute and destroy this planet much faster than do we repair the damage

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can't see how they can stop us eating meat apart fro. Making it very expensive. Also how can they stop us drinking milk. I think the whole idea is unworkable.
"They" have been chipping away for years, meat causes cancer, meat causes climate change, almost weekly as scare for Keto. The top plant based movements are heavily financed, the massive fake food outlets are gearing up and have products out already. What "we" have loads of medically backed anecdotes, but no organisation. Seriously if we do nothing our way of eating / lifestyle will be swept aside for reacting too slow and or being passive.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Erm, eat more poultry?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I think the best solution for the human kind would be a strict control of how many children each women get and never allow more than 3 children pro woman... after all we pollute and destroy this planet much faster than do we repair the damage
many of the women on this planet have no control over their sexual activity, no choices, no access to contraception, no ability to control their own fertility. Your idea is as workable as a solution to make all men have sterilization at puberty, and harvest their sperm beforehand, only permitting them to have children under government licences.

I get fed up of women getting the blame for the population crisis and them bearing too many children.

I also remember my mother telling me of how people were encouraged to have large families post war. Tax handouts, extra housing points, that sort of thing. The baby boom was a politically manipulated situation to replace those who died in the two world wars.

Its only in my lifetime that women in the UK have been able to even voice the idea of not wanting to have children without being scorned and denigrated.

Notice that women are always the ones being blamed.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
many of the women on this planet have no control over their sexual activity, no choices, no access to contraception, no ability to control their own fertility. Your idea is as workable as a solution to make all men have sterilization at puberty, and harvest their sperm beforehand, only permitting them to have children under government licences.

I get fed up of women getting the blame for the population crisis and them bearing too many children.

I also remember my mother telling me of how people were encouraged to have large families post war. Tax handouts, extra housing points, that sort of thing. The baby boom was a politically manipulated situation to replace those who died in the two world wars.

Its only in my lifetime that women in the UK have been able to even voice the idea of not wanting to have children without being scorned and denigrated.

well yes you are right about many women being almost raped to pregnancy in many male-psychopathic societies, even when they want no more children..., I think a way to help would be paying the women a lot of money for having a sterilization after the birth of their third child , of cause in the poorest parts of the world , so that they have money for their childrens schools and for medical help and so on

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well yes you are right about many women being almost raped to pregnancy in many male-psychopathic societies, even when they want no more children..., I think a way to help would be paying the women a lot of money for having a sterilization after the birth of their third child , of cause in the poorest parts of the world , so that they have money for their childrens schools and for medical help and so on
population increase is certainly an elephant in the room. One thing is that the better the affluence of a society the lower the birthrate, so one way of tackling it is to fix global poverty,

Reactions: 1spuds

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Given the lack of even basic medical care in most of the world, who will carry out these operations? who will keep them infection free and look after them and their children while they heal?

Given also that many 'women' are still in their teens when they have their third child, this is very drastic and unworkable and unfair on the women. And they will no longer be marriageable or their husbands (if they have them) will leave them.

Until the male mentality is changed, in most of the world, population control will not happen.

Lets focus on workable solutions, rather than blaming women for this situation.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It is on ITV News at ten, watching with interest.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Erm, eat more poultry?
The Omega 6 profile is too far out for me to consider replacing my locally direct from the farm sourced beef, and is also too lean. Beef wipes the floor with most foods including other meat or plant based foods. Additionally the premise is wrong the organisations that are trying to get the likes on Bayer Monsanto and Tyson to dominate. The trick has been done with milk i.e. force pasteurisation thereby making raw illegal, big business takes over, small holdings are driven out of business.

Animal based husbandry is proven to be the best soil regenerative ecosystem, compared to the destructive mono nonsense the plant equivalents. Whilst I am still breathing I will use my IT skills and contacts to try to promote an open forum with the experts on all sides giving evidence to world panels overseen by the public; so far we have heard one side that says fake food is better and strangely my choices cause Type 2 and heart attacks.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Big Food, weak politicians, unwise medicos, one particular religious movement -.
A perfect storm and utter stupidity and greed.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Even with China's one child policy, they are producing the most environmental damage and air pollution and the air is so disgusting. I also think it's the extremely wealthy that are contributing to polluting the planet - continuation of cutting down trees, coffee places haven't fully cut down on the use of plastics, not everything is recyclable or not all of it gets recycled etc etc.

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just as a side line from the meat and dairy issue, I was under the impression it is already forbidden to use peat for compost to preserve our delicate peat moors. Certainly all the compost sold in all the garden centres I frequent (a lot) is peat free. Or so it says on the sacks, and has been for a long time.

My plan would be to stop all imports of meat and dairy. Then our farmers would have no need to export any. There would be enough to go round the UK, and money could be used to make the husbandry more animal friendly and sustainable.

I can't imagine what our fields would look like in my neck of the woods. The land is not at all suitable for arable farming. We just have a lot of sheep and cows. Whatever would they do with it? Oh silly question .......build more new houses.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The left wing opposition (sailing to victory according to all the polls) were smashed in Australia less than a month ago in pursuit of these mad dreams. Seems like the UK paid no attention to the result

EDIT - When the opposition leader was repeatedly asked about his party's pursuit of a crazy emissions target (and in fact, Australia account for a miniscule 1.8% of world emissions) and the relevant cost to the economy, his response was "That's a stupid question ... the cost of doing nothing is higher". Instead of an expected 14 seat win, he lost 18 ... and his job.

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It wasn't hat long ago that Britain was "Meat and 2 Veg", those over 50 years of age who either have grand parents still with us, or maybe even parents would have stories of dripping / lard etc. Britain's out going Prime Minister is a Type 1 diabetic, so I think it is reasonable to assume that such a learned person knows most of the arguments around dietary choices (she definitely wears a Libre); yet she was proud to potentially sell out the meat and dairy industry just like that. Politics I feel will ultimately dictate what will happen, as the changes have found traction under the cloak of climate change, having softened up the general public with the "bad" news around red meat, eggs etc. In the UK right now almost every other food advert is for the protocol that the fake stuff will come in on the back of. Slightly off topic, but even watching the Women's world cup of football, the major sponsor is a well known fizzy drink maker (London 2012 Olympics had a famous fast food chain also) - everything is going backwards.

HlionC

EXACTLY. It takes two to make a baby, stop putting the blame and limitations on women

Status
Not open for further replies.