Not open for further replies.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for you @Cumberland

Don't let a troll/trolls ruin your experience on here. I don't know what has gone on. I've had trolls on a completely different site and it was a horrible experience.

I can understand you wanting to leave. Whatever your experience was has altered your perception and feelings of this site. And that is a hard thing to regain. I get that. But no one ever drives me off something.

We would miss you.

Take care.

Reactions: jjraak
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning Cumbs, we go back a long way on the forum, so I have an idea of what is happening. It's like an annoying spot, it is there, you can't pick at it because it may spread and get worse. Best thing is to ignore it and let it gradually dry out of your thoughts and move on.
The actions of other's can be very hurtful to another, but, it will be you, as the bigger person who can see past that and walk away.
Don't let a bad apple spoil your life on the forum, they are not worth it, you have many friends on here who are supportive. Or write all the things down on paper that you really, really want to say to this person, then tear it up and flush it down the loo.
If you need to chat, you can always pm me
Take care x

Last edited:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sad, sad, Sad! Whatever you decide you will certainly be missed.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland as @PenguinMum says I limit myself on the forum just to 'our' thread...try to keep posting there we have a small group that is growing all the time...it's a friendly/supportive space we have the odd discussion of course which is mostly productive...sod em' I say don't leave or let them drive you away.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As it says in the title

Think I’ve posted more than anyone on here over a number of years, but someone who shall be nameless has come onto the forum and ruined it for me.

I have a lot going on in my life.

I’ve been posting maybe once or twice a day lately whereas I was posting 20+ times daily.

I’m really really not ‘feeling it’ at the moment.
I don't really know you, being a T2 myself, but.... Just wanted to send over a hug, should you still read it. *HUG*.

For me, people are really hard to deal with, so I have taken breaks from the forum here and there, just always gravitated back. Do whatever you need to do to put yourself first eh. Hope all's going to be okay in real life, and online.

Be good to you!
Jo

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland as @PenguinMum says I limit myself on the forum just to 'our' thread...try to keep posting there we have a small group that is growing all the time...it's a friendly/supportive space we have the odd discussion of course which is mostly productive...sod em' I say don't leave or let them drive you away.
And 'our thread' too @Cumberland :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Won't be the same without you. so please don't go.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It saddens me deeply to read that a person whose posts and journey are so often inspirational has been placed in this position. Saddens, but exemplifies C21st UK for me. We seem to be forced to choose between ignoring poisonous language and underlying beliefs, keeping the peace or making a stand. Hopefully, I will always choose people like yourself and be able to continue to benefit from reading your posts. “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland - If another member is making your life a misery by their acts and statements that breach our rules and ethos, then you should be reporting these things. If this other person is just one of those folks you're never going to be able to gel with (and we all have one or two in our lives), then only you can decide how to handle that.

It would be a shame if you left, but as I have stated before, nobody is a prisoner here.

Sometimes stepping away for a few days or weeks works wonders.

Reactions: jjraak

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry mate just seen your thread!
I'm one of those like you who, are the main contributors to our footie thread.

I had to cut back my time spent on the forum because of my work life and looking after the wife and family, I have spent enough hours on here, and would probably be near your posting total, if I hadn't cut back!

The main reason, I post is to try and help those who have discovered that the usual treatment for diabetic related conditions does not work for most of us. You yourself have done enough on this forum to retire from it with no explanation necessary, you are an exceptional knowledgeable poster.
And like @zand, would miss you on the footie thread.

If you need to take a break, do it!
Then when you have had a holiday from the forum, come back and see what is going on, decide then.
Whatever you decide, I wish you my best wishes, and maybe we can chat about our love for football and all the pain we go through watching our rubbish teams!

C'mon the cumbrians!

Forest Green away in the cup mate, @zand might get some freebies for you! (Ha!)

marzak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
inactivity, being stuck indoors
As it says in the title

Think I’ve posted more than anyone on here over a number of years, but someone who shall be nameless has come onto the forum and ruined it for me.

I have a lot going on in my life.

I’ve been posting maybe once or twice a day lately whereas I was posting 20+ times daily.

I’m really really not ‘feeling it’ at the moment.
I don't bother much because I find people like to counter speak against everything that has worked for me. I only came on today because I filled the survey that came by email. I was diagnosed type 2 in April 2019 and they don't have 2019 in the drop down menu and it makes me cross - irrationally of course!!! but got it off my chest now (much reduced chest I should add) There have been a few funny threads too but mostly I do my own thing which works. Not sure who has got to you but there are definitely awkward folk out there/in here who definitely like to argue. If you decide to leave you can always come back with a new name and invent a new personality, wouldn't that be fun :) :) ;-)

Reactions: SaskiaKC and jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you decide to leave you can always come back with a new name and invent a new personality, wouldn't that be fun :) :) ;-)

@marzak changing one’s username is allowed, however please note forum rule c5: ‘One account per user is permitted. Multiple accounts from the same Member will be closed’.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope @DCUKMod or @Goonergal or someone can e-mail these to @Cumberland in case he isn't reading them here so he will know how sad we would be if he left. We would miss you, Cumbs! :)

Saskia, it is not our policy to email members about their activity.

Every member has the facility to decide how much contact they wish to have from the site, including alerts, with or without emails, when replies are received to threads they watch or start (and other options too).

Members can adjust settings by going to their account, and choosing from the areas highlighted below:

upload_2019-11-12_8-50-10.png

We respect members' privacy and preference settings.

@Cumberland last logged onto the forum at just after 8pm last night, so it is likely he has seen most of these posts.

upload_2019-11-12_8-44-50.png

You can see this yourself, by looking at his (or any other member's) Profile page.

I hope that helps.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Can I just ask who has reduced my post total my likes total on notable members section

I had the highest number of posts in this site and now I’m down to 14,430

I had over 80,000 posts was at first position on notable members

I said I was thinking of leaving

But I haven’t left yet

So who is tampering with the numbers

Any of you mods explain please

Mad as **** here

And if the word **** offends anyone I simply don’t care

Edited by moderator for language

Reactions: JohnEGreen

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Can I just ask who has reduced my post total my likes total on notable members section

I had the highest number of posts in this site and now I’m down to 14,430

I had over 80,000 posts was at first position on notable members

Edited by moderator for language

If someone is playing games with the statistics, IF. Yes I said if
Then nobody in a position of authority ie the moderators can be trusted and should be treated as such.

Shame.

Perhaps an explanation, an honest no holds barred explanation is required.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland - Having looked at your account, I cannot see that anyone has made changes to your account. In any case, it simply could not have been a Mod, because they do not have permissions to view, never mind execute changes in that part of your account. Only those with Administrator permission can view there. For the avoidance of doubt. I have some Admin permissions, but I can assure you I have not altered your, or anyone else's post counts. I can't think of any reason why anyone would.

Going from your opening post in this thread, you estimated a historic post count of 20+ per day, but much less in recent times. For 80,000 posts over the term of your membership (since June 2015) I calculate that to be 365 (days) x 4.5 (years) = 1642.5 days membership.

80,000 posts in that time averages out at 48.7 posts every day (80,000/1642.5 = 48.7). That seems very adrift on your own estimations. Based on the post count you contest, that still makes an average of 8.73 posts every single day.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland - Having looked at your account, I cannot see that anyone has made changes to your account. In any case, it simply could not have been a Mod, because they do not have permissions to view, never mind execute changes touch that part of your account. Only those with Administrator permission can view there. For the avoidance of doubt. I have some Admin permissions, but I can assure you I have not altered your, or anyone else's post counts. I can't think of any reason what anyone would.

Going from your opening post in this thread, you estimated a historic post count of 20+ per day, but much less in recent times. For 80,000 posts over the term of your membership (since June 2015) I calculate that to be 365 (days) x 4.5 (years) = 1642.5 days membership.

80,000 posts in that time averages out at 48.7 posts every day (80,000/1642.5 = 48.7). That seems very adrift on your own estimations. Based on the post count you contest, that still makes an average of 8.73 posts every single day.

I know I had over 80,000 posts

Are you calling me a liar

And what is wrong with the word

Why edit that word

Edited by moderator for language and to remove personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I had over 80,000 posts

Are you calling me a liar

And what is wrong with the word

Why edit that word

Of course I'm not calling you a liar. I am merely replaying what I can see in your account - that nobody carried out any changes.

If you would like to raise a complaint, as per the Forum Rule, D2, please email [email protected] where it will be addressed.

Quoted text edited by moderator in line with previously edited post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Antje77
Status
Not open for further replies.