1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thinking of leaving the forum

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Cumberland, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

@Cumberland .....just noticed that you are at the top of the list for most positive ratings (where people liked etc your posts) with 73000+ ......could it be that you are confusing this with ‘posts’ you have actually made.....

....sending hugs .....and hope you have a good day tomorrow....and a hello to little Wispa too.....:)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Now sleep on it both of you, Cumberland is to helpful a member for this site to lose.

For members like myself with complicated medical issues he provides a useful function, as for language, perhaps a slight relaxing of the puritanical and Calvinistic attitude might show a more modernist approach.

Now sleep on it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

Posts by an individual member under the same thread are not cumulative to an overall message count either.

Different threads, they are

#43 Mike D, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:12 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

The whole list on notable members is totally wrong

I know I had the most posts

And other members appear to have had their figures ‘nobbled’

As Daisy (forgive me Daisy) was definitely placed well down on the list and had not posted anywhere near the amount I had posted

Yes I’m ratty

Like I said I have a lot going on and yes I know I’m not the only one on here suffering

But looking at notable members infuriates me when I know it’s wrong wrong wrong

I’ve contributed a lot to this forum not just the 14,000 posts incorrectly portrayed on notable members I know my post count was 80k

And I said in my opening post re leaving that my post count of late was a lot less daily BUT that I used to post 20+ posts daily

Yes + so it could well have been the figure mentioned.

edited by mod

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #44 Cumberland, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:17 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
  5. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

When I was regularly testing FBG, I would look forward to your excellent results, with the extra considerations you have.

I suggest taking some time off, it does work. Often a post that you might think or expect to benign, can send someone else's blood pressure into orbit leaving you thinking how did that happen. Things are always less bad after a few days or weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

It sure is. At least two of the "members' on that list have been banned lol.

Hey Cumbs have that break now. The last thing you need right now is to feel belittled here. Come back when you are feeling stronger and very many of us will be here to welcome you back with open arms.

Take care and remember it's important to put yourself first sometimes.

Hugs

PS You are still at the top of the ' most positive ratings' list.:)

• Like Like x 4
    #46 zand, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:05 AM
  7. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Personally I think the whole system of scores and grades is pointless and even confusing. Being labelled as a Diabetes "Guru" because you have posted lots of pictures of your dinner or your cat is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree, it is how a lot of forums work, as there is no way for the software to know what is useful or not, and even things like 'likes' or 'reputation' etc that are often used aren't very good either - and can easily be abused, so there is no good way of doing it :(

9. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I was once on a forum which had a system of likes for individual posts, but no tally was kept. I think that's a much better way of doing it.

#49 zand, Nov 13, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  10. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

The system is a complex software program they sometimes go wrong with out the need for input from any one and the whole system has had a recent upgrade so you could perhaps put any anomalies down to one or more minor software glitches that have gone unnoticed.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

This is all so upsetting, but I can see @Cumberland ’s point. The forum doesn’t seem very inclusive any more to those who choose to eat what they want, don’t do low carb and (particularly) are type one. It’s especially unwelcoming if you don’t eat meat; the constant belittling and badgering of those of us who follow vegetarian and vegan diets is driving people away.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi, what I am getting from this post is, as a long standing member maybe 5/6/7/8/9/ years and posting a great deal, it seems to be not the correct amount as such, but noticed a huge drop in the amount of said posts. If there has been a technical glitch when the forum was down for maintenance very recently, then this could account for it. If this is the case, then yes i can some members being peeved about it. I have no idea how many posts I attributed before, so I can't comment on mine.
    I will have to look now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Robinredbreast

17, 256

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

17,257 with that one :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Robinredbreast

Yes, I spotted that afterwards :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I notice that I have some trophy points - what are they and how do I cash them in?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I would actually like to find some other people on here who don't do low carb but eat what they want. :)
    What I don't like is someone who sees my concerns about high fat as grounds for trying to start an argument with me. So far only one person has tried that on.
    Thank goodness so far I haven't come across any stalkers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. andyR57

andyR57 Prediabetes · Member

I'm new to all of this, pre-diabetic and certainly still eating what I like [except cake, chocolate] with some moderate reduction in carbs [potatoes/bread] sort of following a lower carb mediterranean diet with plenty of veg, fruit, nuts, cheese, olive oil. But, but but after years and years of been told low fat is best still cannot go full fat and still opt for reduced fat cheese and lower fat meats. I hear the arguments but it does just not sit well. And yes, in the few posts I have made some replies have been quite dismissive, almost like just do as we say and don't dare question it , not bullying but certainly not supportive. I tend to stay away most of the time now and do my own research with just an occasional visit here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #58 andyR57, Nov 13, 2019 at 3:35 PM
  19. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

And many have also been very detailed and have provided great advice which for the most part you seem to be determined to ignore?
    Many of us have years of experience of doing what we do and yes we have had to overcome misinformation. You appear unwilling to give the recommendations that you have had a try yet complain about worsening HbA1c levels.. what else can we do?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

However, your eating has not reduced your hba1c, has it, since you first came here two years ago.

How can people be supportive of an eating plan which hasn't helped your blood sugar levels, and where you ignore our advice and experience?

Read my signature under this post. Your criticism is unjustified.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook