Type 1 and anger

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The 2 hour limit is to provide for longer journeys as I interpret it - it would be a right royal pain in the **** to traverse the country if this limit was lowered. You can also use it for multiple shorter journeys within the 2 hour window and the caveat is there that if you feel any hypo symptoms you must immediately find a safe place to pull over and check.

For commuting either way each day, I usually check about 20 minutes before leaving so I can take any potential corrective action.

A little bit of 'this is what we think you should be doing' mixed with some responsibility and common sense.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t even know if there are any similar rules here in Ireland. I very much doubt it.

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah there are strict rules in Ireland too. You MUST inform your insurance provider that you are diabetic before continuing to drive after diagnosis. They won't raise the cost of insurance, but it can affect your claims etc if they are not made aware.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah there are strict rules in Ireland too. You MUST inform your insurance provider that you are diabetic before continuing to drive after diagnosis. They won't raise the cost of insurance, but it can affect your claims etc if they are not made aware.

Yeah did that the day I got home. What I meant was, like most rules down here they’re largely ignored, e.g. using indicators. Rural Kerry is like the Wild West.