1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I drop like crazy in a hot bath. It's one of my methods for a quick correction if I happen to fancy a wallow. I drop 3 points at least!

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have a good day Sue, despite all the potential obstacles.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hot, hot, hot again! But no coke or jelly babies needed overnight and back to my DP rise. Had to wait an hour and 20 mins before daring to eat my breakfast. Fast acting Fiasp my foot! (Wanted to be impolite but thought better of it)
    Off out to water my in bloom plants before they throw in the towel. Have to take all water from here in boot of car. A bit of a palaver!

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Missing the Virginia creeper as the walls heat up already. Good morning warm Ones. Hope all insulins stay clear and bright today.
    Off to the seaside again today, to last day of mud pie making, and taking an electric whirligig fan and a holiday essential hand held one as well (just happens to have a flamenco dancer painted on it).
    Hot baths? This weather? It’ll be cold showers here. Cat’ll be in the shade of the deepest darkest leafiest bushes. Wonder how high the thermometers will climb here in the sarf east?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all,

Yesterday I tried taking less novorapid, to reduce the midday drop, and because I was going for a long walk. But of course by the time I got to my destination blood sugar was in the low 4s, and I didn't want to risk a hypo while there, so ate a few carbs before going in.

When I came out it had started rising, but I was walking quite a long way again, and it went back down. But the afternoon was bad, just went too high, and really difficult to get down. I'm not sure what the solution to that is, it was much more pleasant walking without going way too low, but the afternoon was bad. I was thinking I should have taken my camera yesterday, I might go back with it today, and take a small amount of novorapid as a correction when it starts to rise around midday, instead of falling. I'll see if that makes a different, subject to my engineering a situation similar enough to work out what might have been a better option.

• Hug Hug x 6
  6. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Enjoy your coffee, I am on my second cup of tea :) windows are open, doors too, phewwww !

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Robinredbreast

Morning all, lots of hypos happening and some hypers too. It's going to be a blistering hot day today, no work so may go out and about this afternoon. :)
    Rivers deep last night and mountains high this morning, grrrr and testing again very soon.
    Stay safe in this heat, it's nearly the weekend too :happy:

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Same here.. (Not just the coffee.) Got a feeling I forgot my basal last night. Not so much a "rage," more a methodical working back & weghing up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Going to be hot hot for you too across the stream @Antje, stay cool! At least you’ve the pleasure of watching the UK’s political soap opera from further away.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Robinredbreast

I bought myself a new digital micro hi-fi system and it came yesterday afternoon, my other one was second hand, quite old and the radio was getting worse with constant interference. The sound on the new one is fantastic it has CD-MP3-USB- SD, I know what some of them are but not all :oops: I have the two speakers from the old one and I would like to make something out of them, or, better still, ask my son, as he is very creative and has made many household items, his last recycle was his old fridge freezer:wideyed: amazing :happy:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

I woke up to a surprise in my bed with me.
    A few years ago, as I was drifting off to sleep, I could hear a buzzing. Sometimes it came close. Sometimes it was further away. I had a fly in the room. I could get up and try to direct it out of the window but I was in that "just before sleep CBA" state and it would quiet down for a bit. And then start up again. At one point, the buzzing was quite close. I turned over and put my head under the pillow to ignore it and it stopped.
    The next morning, I woke to a surprise in my bed - a squashed fly!

Today, I woke to another surprise in my bed. It wasn't quite as gruesome as the squashed fly.
    I was woken by a little stab in my side as I rolled over.
    That little stab was a disconnected Libre sensor. I am now unattached and back to pricking my fingers. Grrrrr.
    I have a new sensor attached but waiting for it to stabilise before enabling it so pricked fingers it is along with a call to Abbott.

At least the heat didn't disturb my sleep and I woke before the eau de nicotine.

I hope y'all keep cool and your BGs stay calm.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm melting...........

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, hot hot hot already. Woke up at 4.30, by 5 it was obvious sleep wasn't going to happen again so I've been up since then. Went for a walk at 7 (sooooo easy not to do it whilst I don't have a dog and it's one of the best forms of exercise for me for lots of reasons), watered the pots in the garden, dead-headed some stuff and had to stop due to feeling rather strange, caused by a 3.3. Pah!

Have a good day all, stay cool and hypo/hyper free if poss (unless of course you've put the wrong socks on)

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, not ventured downstairs yet. We keep our house cool by keeping surgeons closed on the sunny side and windows open in the shady side and adjusting as the sun goes around. Keeps things surprisingly cool, Mediterranean style! Blackout blinds almost all the way down upstairs, with a three inch gap to allow air flow sorts the upstairs, where we have a flat roof. Letting the sun shine in just makes the house hotter as you’re basically creating a greenhouse effect...

Not much to report bloods wise, has an alarm at some point with a 4.1 but that was fixed with half an dextrose tablet.

Sewing club today, the gallery we meet in is always cold, so should be nice. Cardigan on standby!

Stay cool and level, friends x

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

My train co say don’t travel so I’m working at home.

• Like Like x 3
  16. WuTwo

Yep - I'm coming up for the third coffee, and I'm told a hot seitan bacon sarnie is on its way to me any minute now.

All the windows are open - nice fresh current flowing through. When neighbour opens his sitting room window I will close the side window nearest him. He smokes - a lot - and it wafts from his living room straight through my window!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm going to have a third coffee, just to keep you company.

I was 5.1 this morning. The jump back to my usual long-acting worked a treat. Woke to find my husband sleeping on the floor. WTF???? He said it was cooler down there. It's hot? He's feeling the heat. He's not Australian :).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not the best start to the day.
    Hopefully things will level off in the coming hours.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. WuTwo

@therower - just noticed the words in your avvie - like them!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you.:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook