Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki Would you like to join?
@WuTwo That is true, I must admit there is a huge variety out but some are too pricey for the amount you get. I’ve been on the hunt for shroom dogs but I haven’t found them yet.
@Diakat My bf was the same as well :( I use to make a vegan tod in the hole with lindas and he said he felt funny, then vomited. Now he wouldn’t touch any vegan sausages.
@helensaramay The Greggs vegan sausage roll wasn’t too bad with the Quorn sausage, I thought that was greasy compared to the lindas. I just did a lunch correction for banana. Another wave at you because I’m hungry too.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon all
Well the office computer screen went "POP" this morning, that is being looked at over the road. So am using my brothers laptop....oh my word it is sooooooo slowwwwwwww…………

Bloods are ok(ish) bit up and down last night BUT I can live with that

I love horseradish BUT don't really do hot curries, more of a Korma man I like to enjoy my curries without burning the roof off my moth!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
<Googles mushroom stroganoff>
Tomorrow is cooking day so I need to decide what I want to cook. I don't know what stroganoff is but the pictures that turn up when googling mushroom stroganoff look very nice :hungry:

Stroganoff is nice, never had mushroom stroganoff though and I do like mushrooms, so it does sound delicious :hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a walk this morning, then went to Morrisons, where I saw my former next door neighbours daughter, with 3 of her children, it's 10 years since she passed away and a lovely friend and neighbour.
Just manged to schedule 2 food sampling events, they are few and far between at times, so I got straight back to manager and they are mine :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Husband might go for it so I could use for him it on nights we eat separately :)

I like warm spicy rather than blow your head off hot - my mum learned to make curries from the Ghurka army wives in Singapore (dad was posted there and mum made friends with her neighbours). They tended to go for a LOT of spicy flavour with a bit of heat but not too hot. I like the base flavour of each vegetable to still come through, and for the sauce itself to have a rich spicy warm flavour.

I like warm spicy too and food as well lol ;):D

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh I like my curries a bit on hot side. Madras from a restaurant is about my limit though. I can take Vindaloo that you get in jars but that is not usually as hot as a restaurant Madras.

Loving chilli flakes and out them on just about everything. salads, tuna fish, sandwiches, meats and veggies

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh I like my curries a bit on hot side. Madras from a restaurant is about my limit though. I can take Vindaloo that you get in jars but that is not usually as hot as a restaurant Madras.

Loving chilli flakes and out them on just about everything. salads, tuna fish, sandwiches, meats and veggies
Madras is about the right amount of spiciness without setting me on a sweat session and wanting to cut my tongue off.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good afternoon everyone. All of this talk of food here is making me hungry.
5.1 for me this morning. I feel empowered with a working MM. Slept like a baby, knowing there were alarms that would sound if there were any issues. And I did set off an alarm. It was taking the puppy out in the middle of the night and forgetting my phone, which meant the alarm went off to say my phone couldn't read my data. Woke up the entire household.
Have a great day everyone.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll get a mask and warm the mud up :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Out of interest as some of are using Libre and other things plus something that was written on twitter. over the last 90 days how in target are you?
Tis might be of interest to those that are worried about numbers this is mine of Libre (which lies 75% of the time)

2d6sbpi.jpg

And the above, according to Knikki maths means I have been in target for 94% of the time :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

To me, the above is fine I love it, my DSN might not but she is not me :).

and if anyone says low carb you can place that idea where the sun don't shine.

Not bad not bad, :)
Are you trying to name and shame those who are not in range?
I’ve been wanting to start a new thread where we can share our graphs etc, but I don’t how everyone feels about sharing their results?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And the above, according to Knikki maths means I have been in target for 94% of the time :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Exactly the way I count with my lying Libre. Except of the 30% low I give it credit for actually having been low, say, 2%. So 4% above, 30% below, counted as 2% gives me 94% in range as well :)

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki