Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can only conclude you're doing perfect :)
Which to my thinking is best you can do while still having your life the way you like it while managing stuff life throws on your path.
And besides, you'll have a puppy, which beats perfect blood sugars any day.
Thanks Antje, and yes, just over a week till she arrives :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Well I'm slightly more erratic than those of you who've posted time in range so far. My days tend to be a bit unpredictable, and at the moment life is different due to the routine of twice daily walking with my dog having of course gone out of the window. it won't be back to normal for some time as puppy can't go out for the first few weeks until she's fully vaccinated and then she won't need that kind of walking - in fact shouldn't have that kind of walking - until she's more developed and of course bigger. So I've recently spent more time visiting and staying with people where it was less easy/not possible with a dog, so of course not so in control of food (and maybe drinking a little more ;)) but oveerall my results are much better since I had the Libre. I tend to operate much more on a daily basis and it works for me. I'm expecting to get back to something more stable in future and in the meantime I'm enjoying having a slightly different lifestyle.

RE: Puppies. I was given a puppy sling and carried my puppy out on walks with my other dog. She wriggled a lot. A man who lives on our street carried his labrador puppy in a harness on his chest until it was quite large, which appeared more successful.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay be careful waht you wish for ;) I'll do my best to oblige!

@ert I still walk quite often with the friend I used to walk with in the afternoons with her dogs; I'd like to do that still, and I'd thought about a sling/harness. After what you've said, I'm off to explore it again before she arrives.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'll get a mask and warm the mud up :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Out of interest as some of are using Libre and other things plus something that was written on twitter. over the last 90 days how in target are you?

Here goes nothing. I didn't start insulin until the 12th of June so the 8% high was during that time.
IMG_5135.PNG

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh gosh, my bf and I were talking about our secondary schools. My secondary school changed their name and also tried to join forces with a grammar school, not too surprised on that one because my school was awful. However some students did go to good universities when I was in sixth form. But anyway, there was like 5 teachers that are still teaching I remember back from when I was in school. Oh sweet memories :arghh:

Reactions: Alison54321

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so silly, I bought a Korean planner because I love the way Korean students use it to help with their studies and... I can't even read Korean. Y am I like dis? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so silly, I bought a Korean planner because I love the way Korean students use it to help with their studies and... I can't even read Korean. Y am I like dis? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Don't worry. I have a Japanese high end double din touch screen stereo in my van. The the sat nav says the. vehicle still thinks it's on a dock in Tokyo. But the unit is pretty intuitive for the music.. :)

The NTC card unit did have to go... I got sick of being nagged every time I started up that I had no valid card. I assume that's what the voice was saying, going by the tone & inflection. (& the fact I didn't have a toll road card incerted.)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who knows about open source software? I’ve found a (non-D related thing) piece of software that looks useful, but it says I need to download to a Linux server then users can use the cloud to access. I know what Linux is, but how do I tell if a server is it???? Any ideas?

Never used Linux. I use Apple & Windows. Both seem to work together without any issue. I'm assuming Linux has caught up with the "big two." Only one way to find out... Try it. ;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Diakat - I've used Linux (many years ago and it was a very old Red Hat distro). I couldn't tell you where the servers are now. What I can say is that Linux is the overarching name for a system of open source software that functions as an OS. Unlike Windows or Apple there are many varieties of Linux system - distro's - and all work. Some have a desktop that functions in a windows-like manner, others are almost DOS'ish in their simplicity.

You may well be able to use your chosen piece of software with Windows - a lot of open source is designed to function on many platforms, it depends on who has helped out in the development of the software - but it might expect you to have a Linux distro.

All you can do is find a server, d/l the software and give it a go.

One thing we did do years ago was have a Linux desktop machine linked into our home network (helps that husband used to be a professional network systems engineer before retirement) - so that we could have the fun of playing with it without the frustration of the learning curve that comes with having to use a new system.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Never used Linux. I use Apple & Windows. Both seem to work together without any issue. I'm assuming Linux has caught up with the "big two." Only one way to find out... Try it. ;)
It’s for work thing so I’m going to have to ask IT before I download, otherwise I would have had a go yesterday! Oh how sad it is to feel the weight of responsibility and not want to beak the work systems. I was just wondering if anyone would say something I could paraphrase in my request to them “apparently it’s well known that modern mainframes support pen source...” thus making me sound less like the idiot who had a brainwave on the train but actually knows nothing about how it might work beyond “it might work”.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Or you could run a dual boot system on your own computer and choose at boot which system you open into - Windows or your Linux distro? I'm toying with the idea of running a dual Android/Windows boot system just to see if I like Android on a lappie.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat - I've used Linux (many years ago and it was a very old Red Hat distro). I couldn't tell you where the servers are now. What I can say is that Linux is the overarching name for a system of open source software that functions as an OS. Unlike Windows or Apple there are many varieties of Linux system - distro's - and all work. Some have a desktop that functions in a windows-like manner, others are almost DOS'ish in their simplicity.

You may well be able to use your chosen piece of software with Windows - a lot of open source is designed to function on many platforms, it depends on who has helped out in the development of the software - but it might expect you to have a Linux distro.

All you can do is find a server, d/l the software and give it a go.

One thing we did do years ago was have a Linux desktop machine linked into our home network (helps that husband used to be a professional network systems engineer before retirement) - so that we could have the fun of playing with it without the frustration of the learning curve that comes with having to use a new system.
Ah, that might be my line then “lots of open source stuff works with Windows” ..,

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

It’s for work thing so I’m going to have to ask IT before I download, otherwise I would have had a go yesterday! Oh how sad it is to feel the weight of responsibility and not want to beak the work systems. I was just wondering if anyone would say something I could paraphrase in my request to them “apparently it’s well known that modern mainframes support pen source...” thus making me sound less like the idiot who had a brainwave on the train but actually knows nothing about how it might work beyond “it might work”.

Mainframes all used to run on Unix - which is a flavour of Linux .... so unless it's a dedicated windows mainframe, it might run a Linux distro as well.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Or you could run a dual boot system on your own computer and choose at boot which system you open into - Windows or your Linux distro? I'm toying with the idea of running a dual Android/Windows boot system just to see if I like Android on a lappie.
OK now I’m lost! That would be for IT.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'd phrase it as a question - I have found this software which does this. It runs on Linux so I wondered if you knew of a comparable Windows program, or is there a way we can d/l this to function within Windows?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

All Windows did was slap a user interface on a system that was easy to use - DOS, which came before WIndows and I loved deeply, ran on a text based interface. Now it's graphical with pretty images to click. Linux distro's missed out the pretty bits and stayed text for yonks. Most of them now have a graphical interface and are a doddle to use.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone, hope you are all well and the BG's were on their best behaviour during the night, mine weren't ! :banghead: :mad:
Anyhow, it's a new day, front garden needs cutting so will do that later and maybe go another walk, on my first cuppa, so a second one is needed as I'm thirsty this morning.
Have a good day guys and a safe one :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Aawww bless lol