1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Thanks for all the good lucks.
    I think the presentation went ok - I answered all their questions, filled the time but didn't overrun.
    That was probably the toughest 4 hours for some time but I was as prepared as I could be.
    Now I have to wait for them to make a decision so my fingers are still crossed.

I am now back from the Big Smoke and feeling drained. I think I will sleep well tonight.
    Himself is currently out playing on his bike. I am willing to put money on him asking me what is for tea when he gets in. He'll be disappointed.

@becca59 why can't I ask about you and your grandson spending time in Harry Potter's room?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

So you did take print outs of all the doggies in the other thread?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

No - I didn't have any handouts.
    I decided they would think I was weird enough when I explained I wanted to be part of "Team Possible" and Team Possible doesn't include a dog ... perhaps it should.
    I got free lunch though ... which made pre-presentation carb counting a tad challenging.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

And I thought I had problems sharing a bed with our two cats - do you manage to sleep?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry. Late on parade.
    @helensaramay . Sounds like you’ve had a good day, I’m sure Kim Possible is going to be a winner.
    @Marcus0001 . Welcome to the gang.

@becca59 . We’ve had the grandkids Mon, Tues, Weds for the past 5 weeks. Obtained a very large box last Sunday. Last two days both of them have practically lived in the “ castle “ resplendent with doors ( with knobs ) , windows and curtains.
    Who needs iPads?:):)

@Mel dCP . Loving the holiday ;) snaps.

@Knikki and @porl69 . Wakey wakey guys:).
    Everyone else, I hope the day has been just how you wanted it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Out for an anniversary curry now. Fifteen years since husbeast and I drunkenly got together over a crate of Stella. It’s been the longest hangover I’ve ever had... :rolleyes:

He gave me some white gold & diamond studs ❤️❤️❤️

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You'll have to model it for us, we love a bit of sparkle too ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure!
    And on very lucky nights one or both of the cats join in as well :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MeiChanski

I accidentally cheese grated my finger and cut my finger when I made dinner so I think my bf might have eaten some of my DNA. He said it was tasty. :angelic::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well done @helensaramay
    Happy anniversary @Mel dCP
    Love a cardboard box @therower when son was 4 30 odd years ago we moved house. Our packing boxes also became a castle, kept him occupied for days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Sitting very still and quietly after an 18 miles walk. I was making the most of the nice weather and one of my favourite routes being relatively people-free until I got to the large park and decided on a rapid exit for the nearest bus home. Also means I've finally explored the far end of the route, which I'd never quite managed before.

Just about to see if I need a quick snack before bed - I was in the low 4s an hour ago, slightly to my surprise, but have just been sitting it out until nearer bedtime. I'd rather be over 5 before I go to sleep!

Yes!! Bounced up a bit, so no need for any more food or Dextro tablets. Good night!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The very lowest one :)

C8A41BC6-97E7-4CCC-9093-ADF44D859068.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. MeiChanski

Oh I love it, your husband gets a 10/10 from me. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. MeiChanski

Hello friends,

University got back to say to say they can't accept work now because the board of examiners are marking it today and the meeting is tomorrow. (they have a tight schedule) I said sorry to myself because I had the opportunity to do it but I spent time feeling sorry for myself and let the negative cookie get in the way of things. So I'll have time to think this through in terms of opportunities - I don't have work experience and I don't have any income to go back to college to do anything that I want to do. So it'll be working for someone to get work experience. The grade boundaries for degree apprenticeships are on par with university entry grades, so I'll have no luck getting one of those. However if I look at level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships, my intellectual ability is above that and the government doesn't cover costs for me because of my age and I've been to university - I think apprenticeships are for 16-24? I've also applied to apprenticeships to see if I'll be accepted, but no one got back to me.

I also don't want to go home because I grew up in a takeaway and my parents will make me work there (my parents have their own businesses, they came to the UK with not a lot of wealth. When they had my brother and myself, they started their own food takeaway business and since then they have been able to buy and invest in properties etc. You could say I've been spoilt by my parents from a very young age.) and it's not really a position to gain life experience or a professional work experience. Nothing wrong with it, it's just I want to meet new people and create a network of people to connect with.

I also have a feeling that university will throw me because I didn't meet their expectations and it was my 3rd attempt to do it. It's kind of like how Russell group universities kick students out for not meeting their grade criteria or fail in certain modules.
    My university were nice and generous but they didn't offer me any help with the coursework and that was the same feeling I had when I did my alevels. My bf couldn't help me because he excelled in maths and sciences, same with both of my brothers, my parent's english isn't that great to help me so all in all I had to rely on myself. You could argue that teaching yourself a subject can be difficult without guidance from my lecturers. I mean the powerpoint slides are just a few sentences and a few images, some of my modules don't record their lectures because students won't turn up if they find out it's been recorded. Because I'm not there to record it myself, I lose out as well.

However I am okay, I'm not okay for missing my opportunity and I will take this as a lesson that I need to better myself for me and not for anyone else.

• Hug Hug x 8
  15. MeiChanski

I had a hypo while drowning in my own tears. So I decided to watch the recent seasons of Brooklyn nine nine while eating junk and now I’m giggling. I feel much better. :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. SorinFitness

SorinFitness · Newbie

Thank you for the amazing information! I have had issues for many years, I have recently tried this Diabetes Remedy and it is definitely helping! Here is a link so that other people can get the same benefits as I have

17. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone got the ninjas arriving soon so making sure ive drank enough coffee ive told their mum to bring wellies as il take them down the park they dont like being stuck indoors for too long as they turn into mini tornedoes destroying everything in their path anyway have a good day everyone regardless of what your doing

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. I think you should be open to trying any sort of job now, just to explore and see what you'd find really interesting, and enjoy, as maybe you haven't found it yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A grey and rather depressing August morning to you all. I'm wondering what we/I can do to lift our/my spirits. Big hug @MeiChanski
    After my pizza fest yesterday and a couple of plums I forgot to mention, it appears that I've lost a little more weight. I do realise it could just be water!! but over the last 7 weeks, I've lost 5lbs so I've got another 9 til reach a thinner me. Exercise is what I need I know or a dog.
    Hope the sun shines where you are today:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

New sensor last night, which sat in hypoland pretty much all night, though I wasn't really, except at one point, totally wrecking my 7 day in target libre data. :arghh: It seems to be ok this morning, matching blood tests fairly well. Anyway, can't do anything about that.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook