Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m in an awkward predicament, I stuck on a brand new libre sensor since my old one is dying in 24hrs. I got a phone call to say Tuesday is my CGM fitting day. Do I rip out the new libre sensor or keep it and keep them both running? Compare and comparison with both?

Thank you for all your kind words, I was at the cafe for a few hours. It’s more casual, the standard reminds me of my parent’s takeaway. It’s family owned, hygiene isn’t like the Thai restaurant but the owner is there, unlike the Thai restaurant with an area manager breathing down general manager’s neck, pressuring her to cut back on people’s hours. The cafe manager is willing to offer me 40 hours if I can get my other manager to give me 20 hours. Because I said if you want me to work and you’re willing to offer me 60 hours, I’ll quit my current job. But in a jokingly way, the cafe manager said “you’re insane, no one wants to work 60 hours”. Which is true, but desperate times require desperate measures. I guess it’ll be okay if I keep telling myself that it’ll only be temporary and not long term. I’m only doing this to get through the next couple of months. When my levels improve and hypo awareness comes back, I might treat myself to a little scooter to get to places.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy Saturday guys. Awoke on a 4.6, which is good for me, no work this weekend so popping out to see a couple of old friends of mine and to give them their Christmas presents:happy:
4 sleeps until the big day, wow :wideyed::happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A variation on a theme but yes we live as we look :)

How are people today?

We are fine but as we are now very relaxed blood levels are on the low side, time we broke out the rum.

I had rum for the first time last year, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with diet coke and it was nice, just the one.
Also tried Bacardi Spiced Rum this year, but it wasn't as good C M.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

This morning’s difficulty was getting out of bed because of a hypo. 3.3 and I’m as slow as slowpoke.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in an awkward predicament, I stuck on a brand new libre sensor since my old one is dying in 24hrs. I got a phone call to say Tuesday is my CGM fitting day. Do I rip out the new libre sensor or keep it and keep them both running? Compare and comparison with both?

Thank you for all your kind words, I was at the cafe for a few hours. It’s more casual, the standard reminds me of my parent’s takeaway. It’s family owned, hygiene isn’t like the Thai restaurant but the owner is there, unlike the Thai restaurant with an area manager breathing down general manager’s neck, pressuring her to cut back on people’s hours. The cafe manager is willing to offer me 40 hours if I can get my other manager to give me 20 hours. Because I said if you want me to work and you’re willing to offer me 60 hours, I’ll quit my current job. But in a jokingly way, the cafe manager said “you’re insane, no one wants to work 60 hours”. Which is true, but desperate times require desperate measures. I guess it’ll be okay if I keep telling myself that it’ll only be temporary and not long term. I’m only doing this to get through the next couple of months. When my levels improve and hypo awareness comes back, I might treat myself to a little scooter to get to places.

Gosh Mei, you're going to have your hands full.

I would have thought one of your challenges will be the co-ordinations between the two jobs, relating to hours. I imagine both employers will want you when they want you, as opposed to when you are available; and who gets first pick?

Please check your existing contract of employment doesn't have a clause to the effect you will not accept other work, without their permission. Many do. I haven't read it in detail, but the following link might be helpful:

https://www.crunch.co.uk/knowledge/employment/id-like-a-second-job-what-do-i-need-to-know/

My concern is you could think you're making a positive move, only to find instead of two jobs, you have none.

Please don't think I'm saying you're doping the wrong thing. I have no basis to say that. All I am doing is suggesting you take whatever steps you decide upon, with as much information as you can gather around you.

(I know. I'm just a kill-joy.)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Festive food shop done. Church music stuff done until mid January. Apart from actually playing the hymns and carols I'm officially as prepared as possible.

Oh yeah, also got all the diabetes gubbins necessary for the duration. Insulin, needles, test strips ... plenty of hypo fixes. Lancets? I think I may be over prepared there. I've just used the last one from my very first box prescribed in 2015 and have 2 full boxes still. Oops.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski I can juggle 2 jobs without too much stress because my main job is weekdays termtime and my secondary one is weekends and evenings. And self employed! Also my main employer knows all about the self emploment as I am obliged to declare it.

I struggled hugely with two employed jobs on rotas as both jobs wanted almost total flexibility.

But I totally understand the financial dilemmas and hope a more permanent solution will happen soon!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Do you guys ever get any hassle carrying those replica or decommissioned weapons?

I have a mate who is a "Stormtrooper." He does conventions & film premieres for Star Wars.
He & his buddy once got tackled by an "armed response" unit after a concerned member of the public rang the law..

Morning, some of our friends have had police enquire about the weapons but while dressed up, they get the idea it is just fun. We do not have replica weapons as they are not cheap and dont wish to leave them in the pub after drinking too much. Ours are more "comedy" fun weapons :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had rum for the first time last year, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with diet coke and it was nice, just the one.
Also tried Bacardi Spiced Rum this year, but it wasn't as good C M.

Hmm Captain Morgan YUM! If you can find you should try for Plantation Jamaica Rum nice and smooth. :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This.

FB7CB730-C110-458C-A9CA-E73873F6287C.jpeg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I survived the 7hours in the cafe. Apart from a bad hypo, like LO on my blood meter. All is good now, 8.6 and rolling to my next job.

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, some of our friends have had police enquire about the weapons but while dressed up, they get the idea it is just fun. We do not have replica weapons as they are not cheap and dont wish to leave them in the pub after drinking too much. Ours are more "comedy" fun weapons :)

Hi you two, (Not shure which one I'm talking too?) ;)

I have to admit the comedy value of a red flag with the words "bang" popping out the barrel, still never fails me.. :D

Do you both have pirate names to suit your privateering wonderlust? (Something like Captain Blackheart or the Scarlet Buccaneer?)

I have to admit both your attire looks well tailored & kinda rocks. :cool:

Reactions: urbanracer

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Christmas - it’s all about the cake for me...

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is Outrage!

12.4 before bed, duly corrected, notes the food item responsible. (Last of the carrot cake...possibly slightly larger chunk than the others I've had.)

6.1 at 2.00 a.m., "Happy days," thinks me, and rolls over for another four hours sleep.

12.8 on waking up. Liver, you're not playing fair!! I know you think I need a bit of help at the weekends, but I'm entitled to a few lazy days between excessive amounts of Christmas Carols.

Morning all!!

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB