Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A question if we may.

As Christmas is fast coming up from behind, do you change what you eat or just enjoy the moment with friends?

Hello, carb count as I go with all the enjoyable treats with friends, because I’m not missing out on anything.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a nice chat with my therapist, she told me to start noting things that I am grateful everyday. So I have something to focus on during this difficult time.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Juicyj

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
A question if we may.

As Christmas is fast coming up from behind, do you change what you eat or just enjoy the moment with friends?

Nothing is off the menu for me all year.....as long as you can carb count and match the carbs with insulin and the timing of the insulin delivery and what colour socks you have on and what colour the sky is and.............you should be fine :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@The Pirate Twins so which part of the UK are you from and are you both type 1 ?

How does the pirate theme translate itself, are you a full time pirate ?!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I had a nice chat with my therapist, she told me to start noting things that I am grateful everyday. So I have something to focus on during this difficult time.

That's a really good exercise to practise, we often forget and overlook the most important things to be grateful for.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh I can :)
I look forward to international talk like a pirate day :hilarious:

Hi @The Pirate Twins and welcome to the forum. The Pirate Twons had a certain ring to it
Why is pirating so addictive?
They say once ye lose yer hand yer hooked
Why are pirates called pirates?
Cos the ARRRR

I could go on all day BUT I will stop now

Lol, being a West Country boy, I already talk like one.. No real effort needed. ;)

Why can't pirates stop the headache?
Cuz the parrots'ate'em'all... :banghead:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did we not establish the colour of socks has nothing to do with steady BGs levels ! It was if you had actually changed them recently :smug: Which reminds me I hope I get some for christmas as I'm due to change mine (1st of Jan as always) :hilarious:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
do you change what you eat or just enjoy the moment with friends?

Whilst most normal people over indulge on alcohol and sugar at christmas I am the complete opposite..........who am I trying to kid! OK I'm more of a little bit of everything in moderation.....a little bit of this, a little bit of that.......more of this and quite a bit more of that......oh and a whole load of something else plus insulin :p

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, finished the school run today and I had my laser treatment on my left eye thhis morning, not a pleasant experience, so now I'm glad it's out of the way before Christmas. They will see me again at the Laser clinic in a couple of months for an assessment with possibly more lasering, cataracts were also discussed and Dr said if I am okay with them at the moment and they are not causing any problems, then we will leave it until another time.
BS was good at lunchtime 6.1 :)

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A variation on a theme but yes we live as we look :)

Hi,

Do you guys ever get any hassle carrying those replica or decommissioned weapons?

I have a mate who is a "Stormtrooper." He does conventions & film premieres for Star Wars.
He & his buddy once got tackled by an "armed response" unit after a concerned member of the public rang the law..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, carb count as I go with all the enjoyable treats with friends, because I’m not missing out on anything.

That's a grand idea, enjoy the treats.

@The Pirate Twins so which part of the UK are you from and are you both type 1 ?

How does the pirate theme translate itself, are you a full time pirate ?!

We are T1, we think we answered that question when signing up, will check. We are from many places, advantage of being mobile. As for Pirate job, alas not, we like others we have bills to pay so must maintain a more steady income.

Are you land locked and T1?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@The Pirate Twins - so what finally made you decide to start posting after lurking then ? Are you a male then and do you have a name, as this all sounds very mysterious it would be interesting to know the person behind the facade.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@The Pirate Twins - so what finally made you decide to start posting after lurking then ? Are you a male then and do you have a name, as this all sounds very mysterious it would be interesting to know the person behind the facade.

We wish to learn and as we have been diabetic for many years we may have information to share. A problem shared is a problem halfed.

As for who we are, we are who we are :) is Juicyj your real name and do you look like a giraffe? :)

How did you guys meet? (Big fan of a happy ending.)

We met at a convention had a love of dressing up and so we share, not really happy ending because as yet no ending has been written.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
We wish to learn and as we have been diabetic for many years we may have information to share. A problem shared is a problem halfed.

As for who we are, we are who we are :) is Juicyj your real name and do you look like a giraffe? :)

:)

Juicy is my nickname, juicy by name juicy by nature ! And giraffe is cockney slang..

You aren't giving much away why the mystery ? How long have you been diagnosed and do you face any particular struggles, interested to know why a lurker joins in

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We met at a convention had a love of dressing up and so we share, not really happy ending because as yet no ending has been written.

I would agree that the story has yet to unfold.. Understood that my wife & I have yet to further the "adventures of..."
My intended spouse was sharing a rented house with a guitarist I am still in a band with... I knocked on the door one day & asked "is Dave comming out to play.?" She opened the door..
& the rest is happy history.
I was also working as a contractor at her place of work at the time. (which seemed a little "creepy" from both perspectives & kept bumping into eachother ..)

Hey, you dress as pirates. I posture like a rock star.. Escapism. "Show bizz" the costume puts smiles on faces.. ;)
The "norms" sing along with the words....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski Good about a second job, bad about bf losing his. Start banking everything you can! People will understand about Christmas with what is going on. Try to take as best care as you can, 60 hours can be hard, if you enjoy it, it's not bad, but when you are having a rough time at work, it can be difficult.

Welcome @The Pirate Twins

Reactions: MeiChanski