Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi welcome to the forum both of you..
:cool:
The name change can be done by @DCUKMod . Who should be only to happy to help with the name change.

In the meantime,

Tell us a little more about ye tale of the diabetic stuff.. (He asks trying to sound loik Jack Sparrow.)

Thank you one called Jaylee, CaptainJack Sparrow is our hero.

What do you want to know about our T1?

We became T1 in a time before the internet and Dr Google, we were running around, collapsed, in hospital, then T1, we had to pee into a tube and add magic to make it change color, then used swine insulin. Needles were big in those days, we also used them to fix the sails.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you one called Jaylee, CaptainJack Sparrow is our hero.

What do you want to know about our T1?

We became T1 in a time before the internet and Dr Google, we were running around, collapsed, in hospital, then T1, we had to pee into a tube and add magic to make it change color, then used swine insulin. Needles were big in those days, we also used them to fix the sails.

That sounds like you were diagnosed in my era.. Glass needles & the "alchemy" of 5 drops of pee to 10 of water.
Arrrr stay in the blue & that will do. Stray into the Orange & yer high as a torrent.. Lol, I can't do the pirate stuff, I'm more a sci fi buff...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Used to love that programme which was shown during school holidays in late 60's early 70's

I can even remember the words

The words? Oddly, so can I..... :)

Toying with metalling this up as a cover.. Maiden style.. :p

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh,
Lantus spells, Glargine hell
Basal nights can stray...
What a treat when the blood depletes & a low is in your tray.

Oh what joy I had, as I over Treated thrice.
Wishing I'd got up for work with a modest BG rise.
Now I did correct & I sped off to my job.
Sleepy from my broken dreams i forgot to clock my card..

Yarp,
Lantus spells, Glargine hell
Basal nights can stray...
What a treat when the bloods deplete & a shift is starting high.....:singing:
Lantus spells glargine hell
Big push for the break
A libre scan, stick it to the "man" as I make the deadline date...

Hoy! ;)
Brilliant

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Needles were big in those days, we also used them to fix the sails.
Thank the heavens for this contraption to fix the sails now we all use 4 or 5 mm pen needles! (And please don't try to use it for your insulin!)
images

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank the heavens for this contraption to fix the sails now we all use 4 or 5 mm pen needles! (And please don't try to use it for your insulin!)
images

We had one of those on our sailing boats. Thankfully never used, on the move. Repairing a single reefing cringle, was enough for me!

Reactions: Antje77

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I can't do the pirate stuff, I'm more a sci fi buff...

Ooooh I can :)
I look forward to international talk like a pirate day :hilarious:

Hi @The Pirate Twins and welcome to the forum. The Pirate Twons had a certain ring to it
Why is pirating so addictive?
They say once ye lose yer hand yer hooked
Why are pirates called pirates?
Cos the ARRRR

I could go on all day BUT I will stop now

Reactions: becca59

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We had one of those on our sailing boats. Thankfully never used, on the move. Repairing a single reefing cringle, was enough for me!
Lucky you! I've spent many hourst using ine of those. They work very nicely but it's slow going.
But they definitely beat sewing sails with this. I once managed to place the thick, rusty back end right next to the little shield when pushing. and ended up with that glove nicely attatched to my hand with the back of the needle, hole and all.
Sailmakers_palm_and_needle.jpg

Reactions: Juicyj

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lucky you! I've spent many hourst using ine of those. They work very nicely but it's slow going.
But they definitely beat sewing sails with this. I once managed to place the thick, rusty back end right next to the little shield when pushing. and ended up with that glove nicely attatched to my hand with the back of the needle, hole and all.
Sailmakers_palm_and_needle.jpg

Oh, we had a palm too, and what you describe was one of my nightmare scenarios.

Things were much improved by the purchase of a Sailright sewing machine. Luckily, our on-board inverters were all pretty hefty, but (touch wood), we never had anything too drastic to do mid passage.

MrB confessed the other day to looking at boats again. I have no idea where that might end up.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Boyfriend got the bad news, he is officially terminated. He can appeal their decision and he will look for another job. I said I’ll do two jobs if he finds something small on the side. What a great way to spend Christmas...

Diabetes is okay, 5.6 this morning and I’m on my way to see my therapist.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome ye hearty @The Pirate Twins :)

Sorry to hear your news @MeiChanski Sounds like you could do with a spin of good fortune right now, so hope one comes your way.

Been a roller coaster of BG levels this week, and then knocked off my G6 this morning putting my top on, doh ! I can't seem to sleep either at the moment, Christmas does have it's own set of rules, aiming to go with the flow at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, still breaking up from work today for 2 weeks, although will have to pop back in to keep an eye on a few things, at least I can start thinking about some r&r !

Hoping everyone else gets some peace and relaxation too :)