Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, I rose to 10 in the early hours so xDrip woke me, I corrected and got up with a 6.1 so mustn't grumble, another day of filling sanding and a cycle ride, a trip to the coffee roaster and to the supermarket and across town to Selcobw for a click and collect as their advertised next day delivery is a lie so it's all go :p

And Selco's nearly next door to B&Q so a visit there is tempting, as a side note multifinish plaster is selling at 5 x its cost price so if you've got an old bag laying around get it on Ebay like everybody else :p £46 for 2 £7 bags with 3 bids and a day and a half left on them, it won't last as British Gypsum are firing back up next week, plasterboard's like rocking horse doo dah too.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypo, hypo, and more hypoing! Happy Friday one and all. (Hope you are not joining in with me!)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you all a happy weekend, mine started with a 6.5 :)
I will go out on a walk today, either morning or afternoon. It's trying to find things to do, feeling lost at times, with no real purpose, I know it won't be forever, but it's feeling like it.

Take care and stay safe :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, woke at 4.3 after a needed sleep in which was good but it's groundhog day downstairs with the mess and I'm not as far on as I hoped to be, which is a bit of a pain :) and I've not done as many miles this week on the push bike either, which is also a bit of a pain too tho I'll get out for a ride this aft/tea time (I hope :p)

Another mission for the day is working out my surgery's online script ordering process as I forgot to put a Libre script in yesterday and I'm a bit of a luddite with prescriptions as I like the paper repeat form and the surgery postbox that they've done away with during the 'crisis' but may wait till Monday and phone it in.

Enjoy the weekend :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@kev-w You and a good few others, I've seen a lot of window cleaners out at work in the 4 miles I've just walked.

I've compromised!! I'm not great at compromising on clothes things. I really hate clothes shopping and given the supermarkets are the only shops open with clothes for sale in my bit of the world, therefore everyone is doing likewise, I've had three failed attempts to do this because of the crowded hideousness of it all. So, my current tracky bottoms can be for outside wear and I've found some reasonable pajama trousers for home slobbing. If they only do for these next few weeks I'll be happy.
@Japes I had the same problem with tracky bottom so I bought some online from Matalan £7 a pair and fine for slobbing or gardening. Very good quality for the price

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes I had the same problem with tracky bottom so I bought some online from Matalan £7 a pair and fine for slobbing or gardening. Very good quality for the price

Thank you, I'll bear that in mind for when the shops are open again. I don't buy clothes online at all unless it's a repeat buy of something I've had from a shop before as it's hard enough to find something which fits to my satisfaction anyway. The compromise pyjama bottoms are working nicely.

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh happiness - a more normal kind of Saturday morning walk length, (6 miles) avoiding the "pretty" bits of my area as they were awash with cyclists and groups of walkers when I peeked along them to see, but just being able to be out for a couple of hours was delightful. I'm also starting back to my usual brisk post-prandial walk in the evenings, something I've not really done since lockdown as I can do that avoiding other people quite easily. I'm just bored of the local walks and really looking forwards to getting further afield.

More importantly, after what's seemed like weeks of a 50% basal increase, and doubled bolus, I can start easing basal down tonight, and I'm heading back to normal bolus ratios throughout today.

I've decided, for my mental and emotional health, to switch off all news sources, other than a quick check once a day without going down a rabbit warren of internet links, and have muted all panicky work colleagues on social media/WhatsApp for the time being. I've made my own decisions in conjunction with my line manager about what I do about work, it's mostly in their hands, and it's currently a "wait and see" game anyway. Church-related work is also "wait and see" and there may have to be different decisions made there, for other reasons. I am, however, still responding to colleagues looking for a bit of general calm support, (especially a couple worried about the diabetes risks aspects), and getting more involved with distance student support.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes a very wise decision re media. Plus well done on being pro active on doing what is right for your own personal position and protection in a measured way.

Reactions: karen8967

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My friends are, erm, how do I say this? Perhaps best described as well chosen and fitting to my character.
Got a phone call tonight from a very good friend to say I'm going to have to pick up my belated birthday present tomorrow (birthday was march 6) and to empty my car and borrow my neighbour's big dog bench...

My friends are even weirder than I am, and they give me new friends for my birthday. They're 2 year old castrated males. I've been telling myself "No Goats" for years, as however much I love them, I know how to curse just fine already. But there is no way I can say no to such a birthday present, so here I go!

(pictures nicked from the website where she found them)
97808465_10220792533797517_7073045421152534528_o.jpg

$_86.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thank you, I'll bear that in mind for when the shops are open again. I don't buy clothes online at all unless it's a repeat buy of something I've had from a shop before as it's hard enough to find something which fits to my satisfaction anyway. The compromise pyjama bottoms are working nicely.
@Japes me too, mine were a repeat buy

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. Antje, they’re wonderful, what a present! Hope you’ve got a good strong enclosure for them, or they’ll create havoc. What am I thinking, they’ll be in the house with you, eating your furniture And stealing your heart. Have they got names?

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
6.2 this morning and all’s well with the world now the new Levemir cartridge has settled. I do so wish there were a signal, like a colour changing stripe rather than blood sugar mayhem, to show when it loses its strength.
Not much else to say. Same old, though I’ve ordered some air drying clay and will be modelling - making, not wearing - a pangolin. It was my turn to set the potty pottery group weekly zoom challenge. Pangolins are extraordinary, described as a cross between a golden retriever and a dinosaur, with prehensile tails: I really hope people stop wanting to use them as medicine now they’ve been (wrongly I hope) implicated in spreading Covid-19. They’re generally peaceful, become attached to their rescuers, just go about doing their own thing. And the intricate beauty of those scales!

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, yesterday disappeared and today's heading that way too! Very busy with some stuff I volunteer for, plus keeping my dog exercised and entertained! Bgs stable, very little to add, hope everyone's well, concerned not to have heard from @MeiChanski - if you're able to, let us know how you are.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Antje, they’re wonderful, what a present! Hope you’ve got a good strong enclosure for them, or they’ll create havoc. What am I thinking, they’ll be in the house with you, eating your furniture And stealing your heart. Have they got names?
My friend and I have been working on a temporary enclosure all afternoon, after picking up Melle (the white one) and Roti. It's amazing, the things one can fit in my old Citroën C3 :hilarious:
They had to stay in the car for a while too, while we prepared their shed (mainly cleaning out trash, making a door, and screwing a board over a hole in the floor). The are used to getting fed treats by hand, but clearly not used to being handled, getting them in and out of the car and into their shed was an interesting exercise.

Once locked in their shed we built a temporary enclosure with plenty of grass to eat. The plan is to let them eat my whole garden in the future but we'll have some work to do on the garden fence first! I'll have to make something to keep them out when the doors to my garden are open too!

97998824_10220802605009291_7871612014802501632_o.jpg

97998455_10220802616169570_5936161977263980544_o.jpg