Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found a stainless steel cafetiere in a local charity shop for a couple of quid (4 euro) as I've smashed every cafetiere I've ever had at some point doing the shake and vac type hypo washing up :p

My favourite Amsterdam coffeeshop menu mug's minus a handle due to a hypo juggle too...

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I found a stainless steel cafetiere in a local charity shop for a couple of quid (4 euro) as I've smashed every cafetiere I've ever had at some point doing the shake and vac type hypo washing up :p

My favourite Amsterdam coffeeshop menu mug's minus a handle due to a hypo juggle too...
I've been hoping to find a stainless steel one for years, I think this was my 4th cafetiere.
But, thanks to the give it away groups on facebook I get to pick up a new glass one for free :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just off to the secure field again so my dog can play with her friend. Hopefully not so hot that they just sniff around instead of getting some exercise!

Have a good day, may your bgs be in range and whatever you're doing something nice!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a good day, may your bgs be in range and whatever you're doing something nice!
Dog play sounds very nice :)
Bg started slightly out of range at the top side today so I may have added a teeny tiny rage-dose to my morning insulin. But I plan to catch the resulting low before it's there.

As for what I'll be doing, not sure if adjusting the fence of the goat pen counts as something nice, but seeing this upon entering my bathroom this morning sure gave me a good laugh! :hilarious:

100045032_10220863129722371_8768816290501492736_o.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon, my current sensor with 2 days left keeps telling me I'm in the mid 2's but both myself and a fingerstick say mid 5's which is a little frustrating, I did a trip to B&Q for some filler as the last attempt was poorly done so I have to do it again :banghead: so I'm unlikely to get out on the pushbike today.

2x moussakas for tea later and a couple of scotch eggs for lunch a while back and good to go :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Dog play sounds very nice :)
Bg started slightly out of range at the top side today so I may have added a teeny tiny rage-dose to my morning insulin. But I plan to catch the resulting low before it's there.

As for what I'll be doing, not sure if adjusting the fence of the goat pen counts as something nice, but seeing this upon entering my bathroom this morning sure gave me a good laugh! :hilarious:

100045032_10220863129722371_8768816290501492736_o.jpg

Fab picture. When I go to a farm, the first things we see are the goats, they're little devils and so cheeky lol
Goats just like to kid about :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon, my current sensor with 2 days left keeps telling me I'm in the mid 2's but both myself and a fingerstick say mid 5's which is a little frustrating, I did a trip to B&Q for some filler as the last attempt was poorly done so I have to do it again :banghead: so I'm unlikely to get out on the pushbike today.

2x moussakas for tea later and a couple of scotch eggs for lunch a while back and good to go :)

Morning Kev, yesterday I put my new sensor on, it was two hours late and it just wont work, keeps coming up as error, so I think I will have to put a brand new one on, never had a problem with the a Libre sensor in the 11 months I have used it, quite frustrating :rolleyes:

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, looks like another lovely sunny day. Got up on 7.5 and now having a cuppa with my constant companion, Pebbles cat sitting next to me <3

Does anyone have any advice or tips on a newly fitted sensor that wont scan, since I fitted it yesterday 'error' keeps coming up, don't think it's my phone though, so not sure what's happening, TIA
Wishing you all a safe and a happy Monday :)

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, looks like another lovely sunny day. Got up on 7.5 and now having a cuppa with my constant companion, Pebbles cat sitting next to me <3

Does anyone have any advice or tips on a newly fitted sensor that wont scan, since I fitted it yesterday 'error' keeps coming up, don't think it's my phone though, so not sure what's happening, TIA
Wishing you all a safe and a happy Monday :)
Phone abbott robs they will replace for you x

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good morning. Is it bedtime? Been at work for two hours already...

Had a bit of a disaster with my Omnipod controller on Saturday. It just died. Tried new batteries, resetting it, you name it. I may even have sworn at it. Anyway, I rang their helpline at 1900, explained the problem, went through the resetting procedure with them about couple of times (still dead) - they dispatched a replacement and it was on my doorstep in Wales less than five hours later, from a depot at Heathrow. Colour me impressed.

Hope you all have a nice bank holiday. I’m on double time :D

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning Kev, yesterday I put my new sensor on, it was two hours late and it just wont work, keeps coming up as error, so I think I will have to put a brand new one on, never had a problem with the a Libre sensor in the 11 months I have used it, quite frustrating :rolleyes:

Morning Robinredbreast, I'd ring the Abbott helpline and they 'should' replace it for you!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow @LooperCat that’s amazing service. Yes my son is happily on double time today.
@Robinredbreast how annoying. Ring Abbott for replacement as others have said. Hope you have spare. Interestingly I was a little nervous with the void created by monthly prescriptions only and the fact that 2 Libre give 28 days worth. Due to put one on today so did one of the GPs online e requests Thursday afternoon and pharmacist texted me Friday morning to say they were in. Great service and a relief that I have spares each time I put one on (new one today ready for tomorrow’s activation.)
In other news, just after I was preparing to throw in the towel and admit defeat, this happens! I ate more carbs yesterday afternoon than I have in ages as we had been waiting for our 4 weekly delivery and was on short commons. Even had wine!
IMG_1590392005.911711.jpg

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @Antje77 dog play yesterday was good fun. They've put more stuff in the field including some stacked hay bales which Mattie thought were huge fun and it was cool enough for the pair of them to run without knocking themselves out. Love the pic of your new boys, that's great.

Hope everyone's doing something they want to today, even if it's working - on double time that sounds much more attractive! Have a good day all!

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
DP was acting up again, but as soon as I started taking my thyroid supplement it stopped within a couple of days. I wished I had remembered weeks ago because I finally went to the trouble of figuring out new pump schedule/settings to only use it for 2 nights!!!!

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening, busy day with a nice 16 mile off road cycle ride which included socially distanced borrowing of a pair of pliers from my boat dwelling mate to fix a dropping seatpost as some fool's removed mine from my toolbag :banghead: and I live alone so haven't got a clue who done it....

Got bit by something too, 5 red spots running around the inside of my knee, and I had the little one, tho she's not so little anymore over for tea so we had a bbq :)