FB_IMG_1599232511663.jpg

Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I had to set an alarm on my phone when I first split the dose otherwise I'd never have remembered. Worked for me - mostly ;)
I have an alarm too, for Levemir. It only goes wrong when I fail to reset it after it’s shouted.
Lovely distanced meeting and lunch this afternoon with someone I’ve not seen since early March. Both got longer hair. Not long enough for the ‘prince’ to climb to set us free yet, thank goodness. Can you imagine, it must have hurt!
Came away with a big bag of damsons, so damson jelly-making tomorrow. The bloom on them’s such a beautiful blue it seems a shame to cook them.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We set up a kitchen alarm clock, one with a two alarm setting for our diabetic dog lol. Since it needs to be pretty regular and sometimes when they didn't bug me for a meal, we'd remember hours later have they been fed yet??? So when she became diabetic, even though she is a chow hound she would not bug me ever for her meal, I didn't want a huge delay because of her shot. The other doberman we had could have cared less about meal time. So we set up a clock with morning and evening alarms. Now I don't think forgetting would be an option, the new dog we got last year has a strong puppy tummy clock and will come up and even bark at me when it's breakfast or dinner time.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you use the alarm on your phone? You can set it for every day, no need to reset.
I use the alarm that’s part of the clock app - it’s an iPhone. I can set a 15 min one for calibrating watlaa with blood test too. Can’t see the everyday one

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the alarm that’s part of the clock app - it’s an iPhone. I can set a 15 min one for calibrating watlaa with blood test too. Can’t see the everyday one
Ah, I've only used Samsung and Huawei, but pretty sure an I-phone user will come along shortly to help you find it.
Very annoying to have to reset every day for the same time!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Fairygodmother When you set a new alarm on the iphone ap, an option will come up that says repeat and it automatically says never. But if you pick that option it will let you pick the days to repeat, you just pick every day listed.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good evening all
Can a mod please pm me to tell me why a post of mine has been removed off this thread with no explanation please. TIA

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all
Can a mod please pm me to tell me why a post of mine has been removed off this thread with no explanation please. TIA

@porl69

The last post to be deleted on this thread was from August 24th and that was deleted by the member who made the post. If you PM the mod team with details of the post you think is missing it can be checked.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, good morning all. It’s a glorious sunny day here so it’d better be a good one for everyone!
A plea to a certain tiny life form: I’ve had three distanced meet-ups, with four friends (one lot’s a couple) in three days; it was soooooo good that I’d like to do it again next week. So for the sake of an old bird’s happiness and sanity, please, tiny life form, you know who you are, stay quiet round here for a bit longer.

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I had to set an alarm on my phone when I first split the dose otherwise I'd never have remembered. Worked for me - mostly ;)
Not looking good, first day and I forgot! Good tip@hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not looking good, first day and I forgot! Good tip@hh1

I have alarms on my phones for basal and it has helped enormously - doesn't stop the occasional switch the alarm off and then just finish what I'm doing, then realised two hours later I still forgot the evening dose. But, on the whole, it's helped keep it all on track.

In the meantime, dear lovely people, I am utterly exhausted after just 3 days back at work learning all the new protocols, I have done the weekly shop and I have established just how many extra pairs of cheap and cheerful work trousers I now need to be able to wash the day's clothes as soon as I get in, then have them dry again in a timely fashion. I was hoping I'd get away with three pairs but a couple more would lower that bit of anxiety nicely.

I am also exhausted after being around people so much again!

But, the Young Vampire, whilst not one of "mine" this year, is in the same zone and therefore will be on my list if required and the team who organise who supports who have already intimated I will need to be ready to support any of the students with diabetes within my zone given it could all get very interesting support-wise with people having to suddenly isolate, and not being able to rely on agency staff to fill gaps...

I am glad to be back, though, and once we get students back in, I'm sure what is currently theory will make more sense - or it'll all change. (So, what's new!?)

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’ve just reset my alarms without the snooze option, fingers crossed that’ll ensure they repeat without me having to turn them on again. Don’t collectively hold your breath.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just reset my alarms without the snooze option, fingers crossed that’ll ensure they repeat without me having to turn them on again. Don’t collectively hold your breath.

Hi,

The Watlaa? I normally set the snooze on the lows for 20. Then if I drift, hold instead of tap setting the snooze if I tap to "dismis" it just keeps nagging till the treatment kicks in.. Lol, but then my phone kicks in in the other room & I have to snooze the beep..

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother on the iPhone? The snooze doesn’t have anything to do with the alarm repeating the next day. You can still have snooze with a repeated alarm. (Edit or new) The repeat option is on the same page as the snooze and where it says never, you hit the arrow and it will give all the days, if you check every one, when you save it, it will say repeat every day. The snooze being set and then getting used doesn’t change the permanent green of the alarm set to repeat.

But the really easy thing about the iPhone is just set up a test alarm a couple of minutes later so you can see what it does and then delete it after.

Last edited: