Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It worked, no snooze function, no need to turn on again. Yes I had it there for every day.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just set it up again, every day plus snooze, thank you @Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

The Watlaa? I normally set the snooze on the lows for 20. Then if I drift, hold instead of tap setting the snooze if I tap to "dismis" it just keeps nagging till the treatment kicks in.. Lol, but then my phone kicks in in the other room & I have to snooze the beep..
Yes, I do that too, especially if I’ve already ‘fixed’ the problem. It’s the iPhone alarm for basal that’s needing tweaking.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
:banghead::banghead::banghead: Just cuz...............but apparently I can't dose for the vegan brownies I bought and ate some of twice today, at all, not even close.............

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sunnier than yesterday which turned out to be very busy for all sorts of reasons - including, incredibly annoyingly, having to empty three bags of garden rubbish waiting to go to the tip because, in my enthusiasm clearing up hedge cuttings in tough gloves as there were brambles in it, I threw my favourite lightweight gloves in a bag with the cuttings. Of course Ididn't know which bag - or even that I'd done it until I couldn't find them. So I wasted ages looking for them before realisation dawned. Thankfully I found them in the third bag, not the sixth or seventh. Our tip now only opens 4 days a week, and two of those are only 9 - 4 so it can be a real bunfight trying to get in there. Luckily I arrived at the right time and only had to queue for 5 minutes. Hopefully today will be less frustrating.

Have a good day whatever you're doing, and may all our bgs be in range :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967 and SueJB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Here is a tip when having to sign into a site filling out the "track & trace" forms & having your temperature taken.

Make sure you ain't hypo..

Vague, pale & sweaty don't inspire confidence. Lucky for me the lady doing this stuff understood diabetes & allowed me a chance to come up off the treatment. ;)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Gloomy morning all,
Washing done and out on the line. Community market is back in action so refills bought ready for more washing!!
I have "mislaid" so many gardening gloves @hh1, you were lucky to find yours.
BG doing zooming things still, hypoed during the night, a good slurp of juice and woke to a fairly decent 6 something. I'm not sure if the changes in the pricking regime are making any difference. Have a nice Sunday

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, Good morning all. Have a good, obedient bloods day. My own have been behaving like hyped toddlers these past couple of days, symptoms suggest an infection, so action needed for both. Grrrrrrr! I’d rather be without both disrupters and free to enjoy the day in peace.

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning. I started a new school run this morning, 2 of the children were from my previous run plus another 2 new ones. A fifth child will be with us in January, as they are a border, it will be just a pick up a Monday and collect on a Friday.
No problems, only a little bit of who thinks they are the leader on the run (excitement and a little hyper too), but at least 2 of them know it is me ;)
Need to get on now, I hope the start of the week will be a good one for us all :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, how is that when the world's meant to be moving to a paperless system I have more paperwork than ever - just for domestic stuff? I'm extremely organised when I deal with it; my problem is getting on with it rather than avoiding and finding all kinds of other things I'd rather do. Which is one way of saying I haven't done anything about the heap of paper in front of me as I've been busy doing all kinds of other things. I could teach displacement activities.....

Bgs behaving quite well right now, hope yours are too.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi all, how is that when the world's meant to be moving to a paperless system I have more paperwork than ever - just for domestic stuff? I'm extremely organised when I deal with it; my problem is getting on with it rather than avoiding and finding all kinds of other things I'd rather do. Which is one way of saying I haven't done anything about the heap of paper in front of me as I've been busy doing all kinds of other things. I could teach displacement activities.....

Bgs behaving quite well right now, hope yours are too.
I’m the same, it’s all kept in various piles and I temporarily feel I’ve done something if I sort out the various piles. There are always more pressing things to do, like checking if the pears are ripe yet or getting out in the fresh air away from home. I always underestimate how long it’ll take to enter everything in the appropriate records and tell myself, every time, that I need to do a little bit each week.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else ever used the UniFine Owen Mumford pen tips? My husband brought them home for our dog. I don't like them as well and he likes them better to use. They are a double cap. One side you put the tip on and the other you flip and take it off. First time i've ever seen them. He says it's easier for him to take on and off. It certainly takes the tip off better. It beats wondering if you actually screwed off the needle and stab yourself finding out you didn't. But I feel like it's more just bulky stuff.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a quick google as I’d not come across these before. Here in the UK we’re lucky to have T1 meds prescribed charge free on the NHS (just hope that’s not scuppered by Brexit) and so we have what the NHS can afford: screw ins for the majority.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else ever used the UniFine Owen Mumford pen tips? My husband brought them home for our dog. I don't like them as well and he likes them better to use. They are a double cap. One side you put the tip on and the other you flip and take it off. First time i've ever seen them. He says it's easier for him to take on and off. It certainly takes the tip off better. It beats wondering if you actually screwed off the needle and stab yourself finding out you didn't. But I feel like it's more just bulky stuff.
i have had these needles for a couple of years now marie2 since diagnosis i find them very good especially with the double end to take needle off and i was told to just dispose of them in household bin, periodically dr changes them to cheaper ones and you cant half tell the difference so i battle to get them changed back ;)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just get whatever 4mm needles my surgery's dishing out at the moment. They change occasionally, I assume for cost reasons, and I guess I must just be insensitive to the whole thing as I don't notice any difference. I've never come across the ones you mention though; I'm intrigued but can't see the flip thing when I Google them. And as @Fairygodmother said, we're in the privileged position of getting diabetes supplies like needles, insulin, test strips, and Libre for some of us, free from the NHS.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
These were actually a lot cheaper than our usual ones for her. Which is why my hubby called me and asked can he try a new pen needle. Not sure if it was a special deal or if they will always be cheaper. Sorry about the sideways and upside down pics.
I think he likes them because there is more to grip to twist on and off? I don't really care which I use for her, but I think I like the "normal" ones more.

upload_2020-9-7_14-48-55.png
upload_2020-9-7_14-49-58.png
upload_2020-9-7_14-51-2.png