Type 1'stars R Us

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was once told that once an item has a name/address label on it they cannot take it back and give it to somebody else. This branch doesn't just label the bag, they label every item in it.
So does mine, and I'd never thought about that. I just thought that they couldn't take anything back once they'd handed it over.

I had heard that too, but our pharmacy seems to be a bit more pragmatic.

Of the one thing I have on repeat, there is one brand I don't get along with. The prescription is now appended to note the instruction not to dispense Teva brand to me. Before the notes were updated, I used to check the bag when I picked up, and it was changed for me when I told them why. There was just some very gentle peeling of the label on the box.

Perhaps the difference was I stood at the counter and did my checking (looking in the opened bag), so no potential for tampering or contamination.

Reactions: hh1 and urbanracer

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
The pharmacies I’ve used have all said they can’t take back anything, unless it’s an item that’s different from the one prescribed that’s been included by their mistake. These days I leave all the non insulin stuff to quarantine before I unpack it.
Younger daughter’s been trying to find a place for them to stay so we can have a Christmas walk or two, or three, and even a Christmas distanced picnic together as a family. It won’t be Christmas itself, everywhere’s full, but that’s ok. However, numbers are rising fast where they live so it may not happen, just red nosed grandparent dears on FaceTime.
That’s ok too. Just hoping to be able to see them all safe and sound some time in the future. Though it’d be lovely to hug them. Now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, I had a busy morning, as son came round to fix the fence panel again, this time it looks more secure and fingers crossed it lasts the winter.
I had a hypo around 11.30, so rested and feeling better now.
A quiet week regarding work as it's school holidays and my other job, promoting/sampling supermarket brands, hasn't any work, so unsure about what to do, as we were taken off furlough this month ?
I think I will have lunch now, as I am really hungry, hypo's do that don't they :hungry:
Hope you all have a good day and a safe one :)

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Husband had a sudden grey day desire for cake. He came back with a stollen and chocolate eclairs. Just eaten a chocolate eclair, perfect antidote to rain and only 10.5g of carb. Yes!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, another busy day, man came to measure up for new carpet in my spare room, two decent dog walks, more paperwork and phone calls and a meeting for voluntary work stuff this evening. I was just ready to get some work done in the garden this afternoon when the heavens opened and put paid to that.

Bgs seem to be behaving fairly well at the moment, hope yours are too!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goid morning everyone have a good day
FB_IMG_1603795509491.jpg

Reactions: hh1 and becca59

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, great quote Karen, tell that to some HCPs! Fortunately, all the ones I see these days are helpful and get the idea that perfection's not possible.

Woken up to yet more pouring rain here; I just want to clear some garden and it's just too wet. Hope you all have a good day whatever your frustrations are - I can see that mine are very minor compared with some!

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Busy day yesterday planting in the village. Did one half last Wednesday and the other half of the village yesterday. Only 4 of us due to illness and 500 Primulas and Pansies now in. Was certainly ready for lunch.
Had a laugh when I said good morning to Alexa just now. Her reply..... “Good morning, I hope yours is better than Sir Walter Raleighs was, who on this day in 1618 was beheaded by James 1! His wife apparently kept his head. I bet his fridge smelt!” Have only had Alexa 4 days and she is already a source of great amusement. Need some at the moment as we are doomed to go into tier 3 up here in the North.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, awoke on 6.9 this morning which is great. Autumn has been running about like a loon, she had second injection yesterdays so now she will be able to go out, not sure when I am going to do that, as I worry that she may go off somewhere. Saying that I have had 2 cats before that I re-homed and they were fine, but I'm feeling a little anxious about her. I'm on tender hooks when they first go outside. She is fast asleep on the other sofa, now, it's a hard life lol

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Busy day yesterday planting in the village. Did one half last Wednesday and the other half of the village yesterday. Only 4 of us due to illness and 500 Primulas and Pansies now in. Was certainly ready for lunch.
Had a laugh when I said good morning to Alexa just now. Her reply..... “Good morning, I hope yours is better than Sir Walter Raleighs was, who on this day in 1618 was beheaded by James 1! His wife apparently kept his head. I bet his fridge smelt!” Have only had Alexa 4 days and she is already a source of great amusement. Need some at the moment as we are doomed to go into tier 3 up here in the North.

I bought my daughter an Echo last Christmas and she loves it, especially playing music on it :)
The North is feeling it right now, I hope you don't have to go into tier 3 :(
Great information and amusement from Alexa lol, the smell must of been putrid :yuck:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning. Fantastic quote Karen, love it.
Hope your tier 3 allows you to go on walking @becca59.
Yes, too much rain, far too much and far too squelchy so the garden here is going through a period of neglect. I’m just hoping it’ll dry out enough before the next month’s done, and woodland paths for walking will cease to be thick with slippery mud and puddles. Did his wife keep his cloak ?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Does Autumn still love food @Robinredbreast? I laughed at the image of a cavorting Autumn on a lead, but maybe if you carry her the first time you show her around the garden, let her absorb the new sights and smells of home, then let her out just before a meal the second time?
When Brian, who’s a rescue cat, joined us back in 2014 he seemed very reluctant to go far from the food source. That didn’t mean I was relaxed, in fact I thought he’d disappeared the first time and searched the neighbourhood only to come back and find him asleep on a bench near the veg patch. PS, he’s a confirmed carnivore, except for lentil crisps. I don’t grow lentils.

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Does Autumn still love food @Robinredbreast? I laughed at the image of a cavorting Autumn on a lead, but maybe if you carry her the first time you show her around the garden, let her absorb the new sights and smells of home, then let her out just before a meal the second time?
When Brian, who’s a rescue cat, joined us back in 2014 he seemed very reluctant to go far from the food source. That didn’t mean I was relaxed, in fact I thought he’d disappeared the first time and searched the neighbourhood only to come back and find him asleep on a bench near the veg patch. PS, he’s a confirmed carnivore, except for lentil crisps. I don’t grow lentils.

I open the window a little and she pokes her nose through so she can get the scent. I am probably worrying too much, as all my other cats came back, it's like watching a baby take it's first steps unaided, anxious and ready to catch and sooth. Or, I can just put it down to old age now lol
Love the name Brian for a cat, someone I know of, has two dogs called Larry and Steve :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2