1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning Karen, good morning all.
    The pharmacies I’ve used have all said they can’t take back anything, unless it’s an item that’s different from the one prescribed that’s been included by their mistake. These days I leave all the non insulin stuff to quarantine before I unpack it.
    Younger daughter’s been trying to find a place for them to stay so we can have a Christmas walk or two, or three, and even a Christmas distanced picnic together as a family. It won’t be Christmas itself, everywhere’s full, but that’s ok. However, numbers are rising fast where they live so it may not happen, just red nosed grandparent dears on FaceTime.
    That’s ok too. Just hoping to be able to see them all safe and sound some time in the future. Though it’d be lovely to hug them. Now.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good afternoon, I had a busy morning, as son came round to fix the fence panel again, this time it looks more secure and fingers crossed it lasts the winter.
    I had a hypo around 11.30, so rested and feeling better now.
    A quiet week regarding work as it's school holidays and my other job, promoting/sampling supermarket brands, hasn't any work, so unsure about what to do, as we were taken off furlough this month ?
    I think I will have lunch now, as I am really hungry, hypo's do that don't they :hungry:
    Hope you all have a good day and a safe one :)

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Fairygodmother

Husband had a sudden grey day desire for cake. He came back with a stollen and chocolate eclairs. Just eaten a chocolate eclair, perfect antidote to rain and only 10.5g of carb. Yes!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Chocolate yum!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, another busy day, man came to measure up for new carpet in my spare room, two decent dog walks, more paperwork and phone calls and a meeting for voluntary work stuff this evening. I was just ready to get some work done in the garden this afternoon when the heavens opened and put paid to that.

Bgs seem to be behaving fairly well at the moment, hope yours are too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. karen8967

Goid morning everyone have a good day FB_IMG_1603795509491.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, great quote Karen, tell that to some HCPs! Fortunately, all the ones I see these days are helpful and get the idea that perfection's not possible.

Woken up to yet more pouring rain here; I just want to clear some garden and it's just too wet. Hope you all have a good day whatever your frustrations are - I can see that mine are very minor compared with some!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Busy day yesterday planting in the village. Did one half last Wednesday and the other half of the village yesterday. Only 4 of us due to illness and 500 Primulas and Pansies now in. Was certainly ready for lunch.
    Had a laugh when I said good morning to Alexa just now. Her reply..... “Good morning, I hope yours is better than Sir Walter Raleighs was, who on this day in 1618 was beheaded by James 1! His wife apparently kept his head. I bet his fridge smelt!” Have only had Alexa 4 days and she is already a source of great amusement. Need some at the moment as we are doomed to go into tier 3 up here in the North.

• Hug Hug x 4
  10. Robinredbreast

Brilliant quote Karen and good morning :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robinredbreast

Hi Karen, I hope you don't mind, but I thought your quote was so good that I posted a new thread for those who feel inadequate with their BS readings.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Robinredbreast

Good morning, awoke on 6.9 this morning which is great. Autumn has been running about like a loon, she had second injection yesterdays so now she will be able to go out, not sure when I am going to do that, as I worry that she may go off somewhere. Saying that I have had 2 cats before that I re-homed and they were fine, but I'm feeling a little anxious about her. I'm on tender hooks when they first go outside. She is fast asleep on the other sofa, now, it's a hard life lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robinredbreast

I bought my daughter an Echo last Christmas and she loves it, especially playing music on it :)
    The North is feeling it right now, I hope you don't have to go into tier 3 :(
    Great information and amusement from Alexa lol, the smell must of been putrid :yuck:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast I had a friend that when she got a new cat she took it out on a leash.

15. karen8967

not at all robs xx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Fairygodmother

Good morning. Fantastic quote Karen, love it.
    Hope your tier 3 allows you to go on walking @becca59.
    Yes, too much rain, far too much and far too squelchy so the garden here is going through a period of neglect. I’m just hoping it’ll dry out enough before the next month’s done, and woodland paths for walking will cease to be thick with slippery mud and puddles. Did his wife keep his cloak ?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Fairygodmother

Does Autumn still love food @Robinredbreast? I laughed at the image of a cavorting Autumn on a lead, but maybe if you carry her the first time you show her around the garden, let her absorb the new sights and smells of home, then let her out just before a meal the second time?
    When Brian, who’s a rescue cat, joined us back in 2014 he seemed very reluctant to go far from the food source. That didn’t mean I was relaxed, in fact I thought he’d disappeared the first time and searched the neighbourhood only to come back and find him asleep on a bench near the veg patch. PS, he’s a confirmed carnivore, except for lentil crisps. I don’t grow lentils.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robinredbreast

I open the window a little and she pokes her nose through so she can get the scent. I am probably worrying too much, as all my other cats came back, it's like watching a baby take it's first steps unaided, anxious and ready to catch and sooth. Or, I can just put it down to old age now lol
    Love the name Brian for a cat, someone I know of, has two dogs called Larry and Steve :hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

Larry and Steve, good names! No, I don’t think you’re being too cautious, it’s such a risky big step.
    I’ve heard of people who’ve put stuff from the litter tray round the garden to let a new cat Know it’s where they live.

• Like Like x 2
  20. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook