Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s okay, we have all swooned over your ferrets. I love them all. How are you btw?
I'm about the same really. I've finally had a call back from the hospital and they are going to get me in as soon as they can, as they feel my condition is a good enough excuse to over ride there no face to face appointments. They are also getting the renal team to organise another biopsy on my kidney. My gp is going to arrange for me to see someone to talk to about how it's affecting me mentally.
Thank you for asking.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB do Morrisons really sell LivLife? Mine doesn't seem to stock it (though I rarely go there) and the only place I can get it is at a Waitrose.

@Lee farrington my husband was a falconer so we had ferrets. Lyn is beautiful, looks just like one we had called Burglar Bill. His girlfriend was Swag, and looked more like Caesar. Billy was very amenable to walking on a harness, so sometimes you'd see my husband in the village, hawk on wrist, ferret on leash and dog by his side. Local kids loved it!
You can't beat a day out with the falcons, my friend has one and I've spent may hours out in the field with them.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm about the same really. I've finally had a call back from the hospital and they are going to get me in as soon as they can, as they feel my condition is a good enough excuse to over ride there no face to face appointments. They are also getting the renal team to organise another biopsy on my kidney. My gp is going to arrange for me to see someone to talk to about how it's affecting me mentally.
Thank you for asking.

I want to say we are getting somewhere but I won’t say that until all of that happens. Keep us updated and you got this!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So lovely to see Snoopy. My husband of 41 years today, used to draw little pictures of Snoopy and Woodstock on the back of the envelopes of the letters he wrote to me. Our first years together, when I was 16 and he 19, we used to write each week as he was away at university. No mobiles or internet in those days. The postman delivering those letters got so involved in the Snoopy stories that he bought us a wedding present. Just eaten Homemade Paella and had a bottle of red, to remember our lovely Tenerife Ruby wedding last year with my oldest friend and partner. Not hopeful with the numbers. But hey! It’s one day.

Happy anniversary, I love snoopy and your husband is definitely the cutest. We would say that is a better love story than twilight

Reactions: becca59 and Marie 2

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
upload_2020-12-2_7-40-0.jpeg

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
I want to do the dafne course, I think my nearest would be Manchester. I wonder how many days does it run for? Is it over a weekend or working week?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can't beat a day out with the falcons, my friend has one and I've spent may hours out in the field with them.
Yes, I miss that, seeing a dog and bird learn to work together when they really should want nothing to do with each other is amazing. Amongst other birds, we used to have two Harris' Hawks and we'd fly one each. To see them work together too was fantastic.

I'm still juggling basal as my change of basal site seems to be having a seriously dramatic effect. I split the dose, bedtime and mid-morning, and seem to be hypoing about 6/7 hours after overnight and 5/6 hours later during the day, presumably because I'm active then. Guess I'll just keep reducing it till I stop hypoing. Bored now.

Hope everyone has a stable, hypo-free day!

Reactions: Antje77

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to do the dafne course, I think my nearest would be Manchester. I wonder how many days does it run for? Is it over a weekend or working week?
I think it varies according to where you are. Mine was years ago now but it was 6 half-days over 6 weeks, weekdays. I'm sure others have had different experiences. Also, there are reports on here of a lot of the Dafne courses pushing the 'you must eat carbs' mantra, and denying that low(er) carbing works really well for some of us. The best two things I got from my course were learning that jelly babies are (for me) the best, fastest, portable hypo cure, and spending time with other people in real life who were also T1. Our group continued to meet up for a number of years after the course.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@Choosehappy, I did it and it was 5 days in a row during a working week. I can't say I was impressed except for meeting other T1s but it's one of the requirements for getting a continuous monitoring thingy

Reactions: Choosehappy

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon,
Just thought it may be of interest. When I was first diagnosed, I had to surrender my driving licence and got one back lasting for 3 years. In Oct I had to complete a form from the DVLA to renew it, got a letter back saying I'd need an examination from GP to check I was OK to drive but could continue driving until this happened. Nothing came of this.
Today I got a really great phone call from DVLA, couple of quick questions and they're going to renew my licence.
Over the moon does not describe how I feel. So if you find yourself in this situation, don't worry yourself stupid like I did. :singing::singing::singing::singing:

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Afternoon,
Just thought it may be of interest. When I was first diagnosed, I had to surrender my driving licence and got one back lasting for 3 years. In Oct I had to complete a form from the DVLA to renew it, got a letter back saying I'd need an examination from GP to check I was OK to drive but could continue driving until this happened. Nothing came of this.
Today I got a really great phone call from DVLA, couple of quick questions and they're going to renew my licence.
Over the moon does not describe how I feel. So if you find yourself in this situation, don't worry yourself stupid like I did. :singing::singing::singing::singing:
That’s weird that you had to surrender your driving license though? No one has said anything to me about driving other than to let the DVLA know, I haven’t done this yet though as I don’t currently own a car

so happy for you now that it is all sorted!!! Wahooo!!!

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It’s either one day a week for 5-6 weeks or an entire week. They will give you a note to give to your employer so you can have time off to do the course.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
It’s either one day a week for 5-6 weeks or an entire week. They will give you a note to give to your employer so you can have time off to do the course.
Oh, do we have to take annual leave to complete the course or is time specially given?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, do we have to take annual leave to complete the course or is time specially given?

I think it’s depends on your employer? I guess plan ahead if you can when you get a date for DAFNE. I know some people on my course took it as annual leave for 5 days.